Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS

What games are you considering purchasing this year on Wii?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 07:44
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Post a list of what games you are currently considering this year, and those you are still unsure about at this moment.

Will likely get these depending on reviews-

World of Goo (Wii)-not at all happy about it coming to disc.
Wario Land Shake (Wii)
Animal Crossing (Wii)
Samurai Showdown Anthology (Wii)
Fatal Frame 4 (Wii)

Mega Man 9 (Wii Ware)
Lost Winds 2 (Wii Ware)- http://play.tm/wire/click/1914027
Bomberman (Wii Ware)
Gradius X (Wii Ware)

Parasol Stars (VC)
Samurai Shodown 2 (VC)
Super Mario RPG (VC)

Still unsure about-

PES 2009 (Wii)- I need the guts to buy this, I know I need a footy game

De Blob (Wii)- I liked it more when it was a minimal demo :/

My memory may well need a nudge to remember some others but that's the only lot I can see for now. I would love to see Crystal Bearers magically appear and Little King Story also. It's a bloody shame the latter has not been earmarked for 09 in Europe when it comes out this year in the US. I say that because pondering the above Wii games on actual disc nothing strikes me as being outstanding even if some look great. Even though it's slim pickings in comparison to what I am expecting on 360 and PC I think I will be content. Thankfully I have enough of a love of the retro top drag me through these bleak times as a Wii owner. If a Zelda Wii Ware or a classic 8bit Mario adventure pops up, I will be happy enough with my Wii this year.

WEll i would have to get Star Wars : Force Unleashed because it looks like a great game even thought its a 16+ i'lljust get my dad to buy it lolSmilie

-------Conduit FC=3738-7807-0409----------
--------Cod 5 FC= 3652-5701-8783----------
----------SSBB FC= Coming Soon------------
Staff Member

Do you mean games that are to be released this year only, or what is on shop shelves already as well?

My list for the Latter;

Wii Retail

Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption
Resi :UC and House of the Dead 2 and 3 (would have these already, but I'm waiting for Nyko to release the Perfect Shot here)
Eledees (eventually, I swear! Smilie)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (provided I find it cheap enough)

Sonic Unleashed (depending whether the Wii Version or the 360 version gets better reviews)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (as above)
Blast Works
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (provided it reaches europe before the end of the year)
Wario Land
Fatal Frame 4
Animal Crossing Wii (undecided)

Wii Shop Channel

Sonic and Knuckles (VC)
Toki Tori (Wiiware)
Gyrostarr (Wiiware)

That'll do I think.Smilie

Gonna go crazy on VC multiplayer/coop games when I get back online:

River city ransom
samurai showdown
metal slugs
anything else on there.

Wiiware (have none) - lost winds but most importantly: beer pong.

Custom robo DS

No wii games this year unless wii sports 2 is coming out(other than okami and MK). nothing tickles my fancy. I don\'t really play single player games anymore for some reason.

Unless they\'re on 360 (resi 5). I know it\'s off topic but I really want SC4 and SF4 and Banjo and Resi and BG+E.

Only those...and maybe farcry 2 if it\'s as good as it looks.

This is gay. I hate being wrong.

I am going to buy either guitar hero or rockband depending on price/quality of drumkit/track list.

I\'ve got 11 resits and 4 essays to do in the next 3 weeks and I really want to go and buy soul calibre and a 360 someone convince me not to.

EDIT: And I want bionic commando. I hope I\'m not just getting caught up in hype again. Bionic commando does seem to be doing something that should have been already been done by retarded developers but if its the same old shit and I buy it I\'ll be unhappy.

Thing is I have a good enough pc but I just can\'t bear to play any more games on pc. If I tried, I\'d probably flip, and stick a knife in my teeth, strap on the ammo belts and find bill gates. So it\'s best I just stick to consoles.

( Edited 04.08.2008 11:36 by KingDom )

2509 2156 5486

Okami Wii

I should go buy this but no time at the moment. Besides that game... there is very little else that interests me. DS/PC gaming for me.

I'm buying no more games, (for the forseeable future) I never get/bother to finish them and I'm starting college anyway this year so I won't have the money.

Phoenixus said:
Do you mean games that are to be released this year only, or what is on shop shelves already as well?

Games already out and to be released this year only. All Nintendo formats if you like.

I knew I had forgot some, River City Ransom is a must get as is Sonic, but it depends on reviews like you say

You can get the Perfect Shot in Game Focus Goodge Street London.

I wonder if any of these devices will work with Motion+ stuck in?...It might be wise to wait, we might see some new devices.

( Edited 04.08.2008 13:50 by Linkyshinks )

Staff Member

Wii:
Sonic and the Secret Rings,
Okami,
No more heroes(should have bought all of them ages ago)
De Blob(is it coming out this year? Also depends on reviews)

PS2:
Final Fantasy XII(it's less than a fiver brand new now)

DS:
Final Fantasy IV(I don't know when it's coming out)
Meroid PRime Hunters(yet again, should have got this ages ago)
New Stylus's(They either break or I lose them)

I was thinking of buying a PS3, But i'm not sure what games i'd want on it,so i'm going to wait and see.

Stuart Lawrence
Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I don't know when Sam and Max Wii is coming out but if it comes out this year then I'll definitely be buying that.

Absolutely nothing on my list. Because there isn't anything. (Ignoring WiiWare)

Also,

Sonic Unleashed (depending whether the Wii Version or the 360 version gets better reviews)

You've got to be kidding me. How could anyone in their right mind even consider the Wii version being better?

Staff Member

knighty said:
You've got to be kidding me. How could anyone in their right mind even consider the Wii version being better?

After what happened with Sonic 06, who can say? Plus, Dimps working on the Unleashed Wii Version gives it an edge IMO. Like I said, I'll wait for the reviews.

Phoenixus said:
knighty said:
You\'ve got to be kidding me. How could anyone in their right mind even consider the Wii version being better?

After what happened with Sonic 06, who can say? Plus, Dimps working on the Unleashed Wii Version gives it an edge IMO. Like I said, I\'ll wait for the reviews.

Too true, I have a lot more faith in Dimps than I do Sonic Team. Thing is though, will the Wii version have it\'s own build or will it be a reduced port?. If it\'s the latter it\'s not going to allow Dimps to be creative and put their mark on the game in any way. If that happens it will have to be the 360 version. I will go with reviews,, it\'s as simple as that.

StuLaw:::

10 Sonic @ HMV, a little while back

( Edited 04.08.2008 17:59 by Linkyshinks )

Staff Member

From what I've heard, Dimps are creating the daytime levels in Unleashed (and they'll be a little different from the 360/PS3 equivalents), so I'm sure they'll get enough creative freedom in that respect.

Although that means the Werehog levels will be left to Sonic Team...

*Shudders*

This year, I want Wario Land, AC, Guitar Hero WT, Call of Duty, and i think thats it. But I wont be buying any because im buying a lot of other things like cymbals for my drumset, (that right there is like 200 dlls which is like 4 games, or guitar hero by itself) and im going to a concert in late august and i plan on buying stuff there so that would be worth a game. And Im also going to save money cause next spring break im going on a trip with friends Smilie my first trip with friends only, no parents.
But I will however play Wario Land and if I like it i'll buy it later on. Also Guitar Hero, it has alot of songs i like. As for AC and COD i dont think ill buy them cause of other games likes The Conduit and sort.

Retail

Samba De Amigo
Sam and Max
DeBlob - Depending on reviews.

Wiiware
Strongbads cool game for atractive people
Megaman 9 (although may get it for 360)

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Phoenixus said:
From what I've heard, Dimps are creating the daytime levels in Unleashed (and they'll be a little different from the 360/PS3 equivalents), so I'm sure they'll get enough creative freedom in that respect.

Although that means the Werehog levels will be left to Sonic Team...

*Shudders*

That sounds like a positive to me. All in all Sonic Unleashed on all platforms looks like being a great game. I saw the E3 footage of the next gen versions and was very impressed, by the daylight stuff anyway, but the Werehog levels do not look all that bad. I think we all need to see a lot more of them before we can judge.

Well there are (already ) a lot of choices to buy on Wii but most of the games that i want (BUT PROBABLY WILL NOT BUY)are part of a series.
i though probably not out yet i REALLY WANT KINGDOM HEARTS 3 THIS MAY NOT BE THE REAL BOXART.

Image for

No maybe not lol.

Thanks Blade, I forgot all about Samba.

EDIT:

Blade are you fucking crazy, you get Megaman on it\'s spiritual home playing it with a Nintendo DPAD. Smilie

( Edited 05.08.2008 19:19 by Linkyshinks )

Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Lemme think:

Wii:
Sonic Unleashed (BTW knighty the 2D stages are being made by Dimps, so that probably makes it better than the 360 one by definition)
Warioland: The Shake Dimension
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Bomberman Blast
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (still not got)
No More Heroes (still thinking about it)

And IF they come out:
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World
Trauma Center: New Blood

Wiiware:
Strong Bad\'s Cool Game For Attractive People.

Also that Kingdom Hearts box is very fake. It was made back when people thought Birth By Sleep meant Kingdom Hearts III, but Birth by Sleep is the prequel on PSP.

( Edited 05.08.2008 19:40 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:

No More Heroes (still thinking about it)

Sonic and the Secret Rings, Okami and No More Heroes are possibles. I'm considering, but will probably decided against when I realize how skint I have become; Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl and Wario Ware Smooth Moves.

I know you're not asking for X360 titles, but feck it. Project Gotham Racing 4, Soul Calibur 4, PES 09, Fable 2, Skate, Resident Evil 5, Alan Wake, Banjo Nuts & Bolts and Dead Rising are all pretty likely, pending job safety.

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (comes out in the U.S. this month, Superlink. Not sure about Europe, though).
Already pre-ordered. It comes with a plush cow...I just couldn't say no Smilie

That's probably the only game I'll buy this year. Most of my money is going to other things right now. But birthday and Christmas might mean I get a few games.

Other games I'd like to get:
Mario Kart Wii
Okami
De Blob
Wario Land
Animal Crossing
House of the Dead

Maybe some VC and Wiiware, but I'd just have to look through it.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

If I buy anything for Wii before Christmas it'll be because it's extremely cheap. I'm talking around a fiver, and only a select few games:

Okami
Ghost Squad
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Link's Crossbow Wotsit
Mario Kart
Super Paper Mario
maybe No More Heroes

I'd pay 20+ for Pikmin 2 though - does that count?

Less posty, more gamey.

I'm also considering buying Animal Crossing City Folk

Pokemon Ranch seemed cool before Smilie Smilie but even huge pokemon like Dialga are as small as Pikachu. All the Pokemon are paper dolls what the heck is up with that.Now Nintendo released a line of Pokemon paper dolls again what the heck is up with that.SERIOUSLY
It has nothing to do with pokemon all you do is get pokemon and put them in a ranch.since about no one plays thier Diamond or Pearl anymore since someone in the game tells you to catch certain Pokemon you didnt catch yet from your diamond or pearl and put them on the ranch you have to play your diamond or pearl it just puts sales up and then wastes your time!
Kirby and the Crystal Shards (Wiiware

Linkyshinks said:
No maybe not lol.

Thanks Blade, I forgot all about Samba.

EDIT:

Blade are you fucking crazy, you get Megaman on it's spiritual home playing it with a Nintendo DPAD. Smilie

Well yeah thats the only thing that would put me off the 360 one but if the 360 one features hi res 8 bit sprites rather than streatched 480p it may sway me to the 360.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: Have you played Bravely Default yet?
Yes, great game!
Yes, was good.
Yes, didn't like it.
No, it's on my playlist.
No, don't intend to.
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is jb, awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move