PS3/Vita General Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

Welcome to the Cubed3 PlayStation General Topic

This topic is designed for discussion of all things PlayStation. That includes the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems and their games, as well as past consoles, such as the PS2, PS1 and PSP. You can also add other members of Cubed3 to your PSN list and set up times to play online with each other. Please keep discussions friendly and enjoyable!

Cubed3 Members on PSN
If you would like to be added to the list, PM a Moderator or post your PSN ID in this topic. When sending friend requests, please say that you are from Cubed3.

Cubed3 Username | PSN ID
Azuardo: Azuardo
crackedthesky: crackedthesky
Ifrit XXII: WP-start
L: KYUUBI-RICKY-SSJ
LKR000: LKR000
Lrrr: SmokingGnuMkII
Marzy: Marzy_
Phoenom: Darkspine_S
SirLink: SirLinkofTime
Stulaw: Stulaw90
SuperLink: SuperLink9

This OP is a work in progress, and I may add more relevant info at a later date - Azuardo
---------------------------------------------------------------
Mage's original post:

Looking through the forums till page 9 i couldn't find a general thread for talking about PS3 game and PSN updates, instead i found scattered topics about the latest. So here we go a topic for the whole platform.

So anyways has anyone got The Last Guy off PSN yet?

( Edited 21.01.2015 09:35 by Azuardo )

lol the last guy is way to much fun lol

I got the demo off of the store, but I couldn\'t really get in to it. Quest for Booty however, is 4 hours of fun.

Oh, and Warhawk with any music from Top Gun in the background is epic.

And LittleBigPlanet next month!!

( Edited 02.09.2008 12:08 by Lrrr )

Lrrr said:
I got the demo off of the store, but I couldn\'t really get in to it. Quest for Booty however, is 4 hours of fun.

Oh, and Warhawk with any music from Top Gun in the background is epic.

And LittleBigPlanet next month!!

Yeh i think i\'m gonna wait for the disk version of Booty, not into the massive downloads.

LittleBigPlanet is going to be awesome i agree. Has anyone got any ideas for what types of levels they\'ll make yet?

I was thinking also of maybe starting a list of PSN and disk based and to rate those out of 5 for people that are still considering. So my first two will be for:

Super Stardust HD - 5/5
-This game was a 5 long before trophy support was announced and with a slew of expansion packs that are actually quite decent, is a must have for almost every PS3 owner.
The Solo expansion i give a 5/5 also since it introduced a lot of new game modes like endless and bomber.
The Team Add-On is great also but only 4/5 since it mainly added the two extra multiplayer modes.

PixelJunk Monsters - 5/5
-Also giving this a 5 because it was the first game i got for the PS3 and i\'m still playing it. Plus with the Encore expansion pack and a hint at trophy support this tower defense style game lasts hours.
The Encore expansion gets a 5/5 from me also. New island harder waves = more fun.

( Edited 02.09.2008 13:40 by mage_mccloud )

No Big Updates this week on PSN, couple of demos and the usual set of trailers and wallpapers.

So, who else is in the SOCOM Beta here other than me?

I have a PS3 but no games. I do, on the other hand, have a ton of Blue-Ray movies, and that can keep me going for awhile.

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

Lrrr said:
So, who else is in the SOCOM Beta here other than me?

lucky, have they announced a release date yet for the full game yet?

Keven said:
I have a PS3 but no games. I do, on the other hand, have a ton of Blue-Ray movies, and that can keep me going for awhile.

Get Oblivion. The PS3 version of that is better than the 360 version, which is very rare indeed for multi-platform games.

Martin_ said:
Keven said:

Get Oblivion. The PS3 version of that is better than the 360 version, which is very rare indeed for multi-platform games.

i would also recommend Uncharted for people new to the system. Since it's now at Platinum price it's a steal for such a great game. (plus trophy support Smilie)

Wipeout HD got 92 on IGN\'s UK review.

Sounds pretty awesome and it\'s only �11.99

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/910/910419p1.html

Love my WipeOut, it was the first game I owned on PS. The last game I played was Pulse on the PSP, and that\'s a cool game, but this one just looks far better than any other one before. I love that one level I have seen where the track is being made by the music as you race.

( Edited 17.09.2008 15:18 by Linkyshinks )

Yeah, wipeout looks awesome. It's averaging 9's from the reviews I have seen.

Loved the PSP games, and the tracks are from those I'll be getting that for sure. Out next Thursday.

Linkyshinks said:

You ever played the SEGA Saturn version of the original WipEout? It's terrible! I have WipEout 64. It's basically WipEout 2097, just with terrible MIDI music rather than the ace tracks the PlayStation ones got.

Shame that we won\'t get a decent f zero.

Wipeout was never as fun or as fast.

( Edited 18.09.2008 16:44 by knighty )

It was never fast, but we used to enjoy it loads. It was on the multiplayer menu for years for us, whereas F-Zero faded pretty quick.

Did anyone ever use the system link for the PS1 at all? I think Wipeout 2097 was the only game I ever had that used that function, always wanted to try it.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Me and my mate did it on Ridge Racer a few times. Seemed so awesome back then. It's basically like LAN multiplayer. It's one of those seldom-used console features that's really awesome. DOOM 3 link-up is pretty rad on Xbox.

Martin_ said:
Linkyshinks said:

You ever played the SEGA Saturn version of the original WipEout? It's terrible! I have WipEout 64. It's basically WipEout 2097, just with terrible MIDI music rather than the ace tracks the PlayStation ones got.

Never played any of those first two but I have all the rest including the PS1 and PS2 games and both the PSP games now.

Lrrr said:
Yeah, wipeout looks awesome. It's averaging 9's from the reviews I have seen.

Loved the PSP games, and the tracks are from those I'll be getting that for sure. Out next Thursday.

I recognized the music instantly from Moa Therma in one of the above videos.

The soundtrack is of course already awesome but there are some cool suggestions as far as making your own here-

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=335469

If I were you I would check them out and download them so you have them ready.

James2t3 said:
Did anyone ever use the system link for the PS1 at all? I think Wipeout 2097 was the only game I ever had that used that function, always wanted to try it.

Not me, I don't own a system link cable anyway, I think. I do own a old PS and the new revised PS, and one copy of 2097.

Linkyshinks said:
Never played any of those first two but I have all the rest including the PS1 and PS2 games and both the PSP games now.

You aren't missing anything.

Linkyshinks said:
Not me, I don't own a system link cable anyway, I think. I do own a old PS and the new revised PS, and one copy of 2097.

Only the earliest PS1 models have the serial/link port.

So....LBP Beta, eh?

Who else got the code from eurogamer?

http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=24&claim=true

if there are any left

Just finished watching the Developer Walkthrough for R2 and it's looking very nice. Has anyone else seen the videos released on gamtrailers.

The ripple in the water is looking nice.+

LBP is so awesome. I've only played the 3 levels supplied in the Beta, but they are so much fun. Also, it has Stephen Fry narrating, so you know it's good. You can also make a few levels in the beta based on what you collect in the 3 levels, but I've only played a little on that but is so intuitive. THere is also a minigame type level which is basically like skipping.

There was a short amount f time last night where I was like number 5 in the world rankings.

Oh, and using the credits as a basic tutorial level=brilliant

9.5 IGN so far..

( Edited 28.10.2008 15:42 by Linkyshinks )

OPM UK gave Resistance 2 a 9/10, by comparison they gave the first a 7/10 IIRC. Also, anyone else here in the beta? It's great fun, but there's a few problems with stat-tracking and matchmaking (from my experience at least).

sounds so good, assuming IGN gave it 9.5, whats everyones thoughts on their expected score for gears 2?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.