PS3/Vita General Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Looks so good. Definitely get this on launch, as well. Smilie

I'm really excited for the PS Vita now.

Destructoid review: 4.5/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-escape-plan-221958.phtml

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I like how you've picked out the only bad review for the game.

I like how nobody commented on my awesome Street Fighter win on the last page Smilie

Martin_ said:
I like how nobody commented on my awesome Street Fighter win on the last page Smilie

lol tbf mate, it was kick-ass.

Do you have SSFII Turbo HD Remix? I used to play that a lot, but I'm far from good.

Marzy said:
I like how you've picked out the only bad review for the game.

I read the review yesterday, I haven't seen any others. It looks like a brilliant game, and loads of people are saying they didn't have the problems Destructoid had.

Oh yeah, and Martin_ I meant to comment on your video, thought it was awesome with the finisher at the end, I did give it a like on youtube though.

( Edited 18.02.2012 14:05 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Azuardo said:
Can you confirm/deny that EU PS2 Classic games are the original shitty versions we got, or the proper 60Hz ones?

Original PAL version, I'm afraid (just as with PSone Classics). However, it seems that those PAL PS2 games which included 60Hz modes also do here (as obviously we're just emulating disc images). Crucially, putting the game into 60Hz mode doesn't fuck up the emulation, and reaps all the same rewards that it used to.

PAL God Hand includes a 60Hz mode, and it works perfectly on PS3.

Azuardo said:
It doesn't make games unplayable, but once you've played a game in 60Hz you don't want to go back. Just knowing that we're playing a version that wasn't designed to be ran in that way really puts me off, and I'm really disappointed that both Sony and Nintendo thought it was okay to shite on Europeans and offer 50Hz versions of games in this day and age.

I'm totally in agreement with you. It's just how it is. There's far too much available now in terms of PSone and PS2 Classics on PSN for Sony to go back and re-issue all those games in 60Hz form. I don't love the fact that all my PSone games are in 50Hz (and that most PS2 games you buy will be as well). It's just how it is. They were like that for us back in the day, too. Not that that's a particularly good excuse, but there you are.

What Nintendo and SOny should have done is just started offering us NTSC games from the offset. I imagine they thought that releasing and emulating PAL disc images/ROMs for the European market would cut out a lot of work. American Nintendo games (for example) would be fine for the UK, but not the rest of the EU.

Those old PAL games already contain all the languages for the region, which in my opinion is the biggest reason why we get them. Offering EU-ready old games in their original 60HZ incarnations would be more work than no work at all, so we just get PAL games on our digital services. It's a bummer, and I'm in agreement with you.

Why don't we all watch me beating Akuma again, so we all feel better?

SmilieSmilie

( Edited 18.02.2012 14:23 by Martin_ )

I read the review yesterday, I haven't seen any others. It looks like a brilliant game, and loads of people are saying they didn't have the problems Destructoid had.

I see. Smilie

I really don't like full touch controls for games, so I am a little worried, but hopefully they won't be totally broken. I can usually look past any problems if the game is good enough. Epic Mickey is a good example of this, which I absolutely loved.

Other reviews seem to be generally positive.

( Edited 18.02.2012 14:48 by Marzy )

Azuardo said:
Do you have SSFII Turbo HD Remix? I used to play that a lot, but I'm far from good.

On my 360, I'm afraid! I'd heartily-recommend Street Fighter III if it wasn't £12. It's a bit much to pay if you're not a big fan of the game.

Well yeah, even HD Remix was £14 when it came out, I think? Think I got it when it was half price, and did enjoy it in short bursts. Brought back lots of memories from playing Street Fighter II on SNES.

Played the demo of SFIII, but yeah, I'm not big enough into it to buy it. I know I'd get my arse whooped good and proper.

I sure hope SSF4 gets the AE DLC since the 3DS has that option now. I'd also prefer to play MvC3 & SFxT on the 3DS instead of the Vita, even though it's on a 2D plain I like the deptch in fighters. Tekken was a dissapointment with it's lack of content...I don't care if they made room for the movie I wanted customisation & story.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

I hope they add Dark Cloud to PS2 Classics. It doesn't looks like there's gonna be a Dark Cloud/Chronicle HD collection anytime soon and I only ever got to play the 2nd game. Smilie

Dark Cloud really isn't worth it, and that's coming from someone who played the heck out of it when it was released. Dark Chronicle took out everything that was bad about it and refined the good stuff, so unless a re-release/HD master is also a re-imaging, I'd stick with the sequel, and curse Sony for not announcing a third game. Smilie

One thing that still confounds me to this day is....why hasn't sony added The Legend of Dragoon on the psn yet? It's MADE BY sony so liscencing isn't an issue. It's a ps1 title (& one of the best RPGS of ANY system at that) so it should be much easier to emulate onto the psn......so what gives sony!?!!!?

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Contact them (I'm assuming you actually have a PS3/PSP). If enough people voice support for the game, maybe it'll go up.

Martin_ said:
Contact them (I'm assuming you actually have a PS3/PSP). If enough people voice support for the game, maybe it'll go up.

No Martin_ I don't, I only listed my PSN name to screw with you all...�_�

In all seriousness though I doubt they'd really listen, it'd be nice but sony never really was the type of person to take it's fanbase seriously or respect them even...at least not in all the times I've had to call customer support for stuff that came up.

Well, it was just a thought. Whining about The Legend of Dragoon here will get you nothing, whining about it on the official PlayStation boards may get other members there voicing support, and if there's enough Sony may take notice and provide the game.

That's if the rights are as simple as you say. They might be tied up between different companies. Maybe Sony sold the rights. Etc. There's all kinds of possible reasons.

Martin_ said:
Well, it was just a thought. Whining about The Legend of Dragoon here will get you nothing, whining about it on the official PlayStation boards may get other members there voicing support, and if there's enough Sony may take notice and provide the game.

That's if the rights are as simple as you say. They might be tied up between different companies. Maybe Sony sold the rights. Etc. There's all kinds of possible reasons.

Yeah I've heard rumors that sony hired help from Square useing the team that worked on FF8, though I haven't seen anything listed in the credits/manuel that even remotly credits this notion.

As far as a sequal...I don't know if I'd want them to do one with how sony's changed. OLD ps1 pure fun sony DEFINATLY....money focused corporate NOW sony I'd feel uneasy.

Yeah brotha, stick it to the man!

Martin_ said:
Yeah brotha, stick it to the man!

Sincere or sarcastic...I can't quite tell. Not trying to offend or anything but I really can't tell if you agree with me or are just making fun of me in a Ninja like fasion, which kudo's if you are because I can't tell...& that takes skill my friend.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

It's PS Vita launch day! Smilie

I'm doubting mine will come today, since I just went for Super Saver delivery on Amazon. It was dispatched yesterday though, so maybe.

The line-up is looking very sweet. Games wise, its looking much better than the 3DS (which still doesn't have enough on it to interest me). I'll wait for a price drop I think though. Memory cards are a rip off.

I agree echoes, hopefully my $250 gambit pays off & doesn't blow up in my face.

Still Uncharted & Hotshots Golf are making the financial wound I've inflicted upon myself heal fairly well.

OMG OMG OMG! Mine finally arrived!

Image for

Charging buddies

I've not started it up yet, but the screen is HUGE! I absolutely love it. I've had a little feel of the system and how comfortable it is and it's better than I expected.

Will share more thoughts later.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.