PS3/Vita General Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I don't think I'll double dip, but that's pretty good news, would look even nicer in HD.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Mm I'm with SirLink on the controls, but it might be nice to have a mix of traditional controller and move.. the nunchuck controls in the Wii version were awkward.
But ya, not getting a Move just for one game.

If nothing else I'll be buying Okami HD simply to support them/give my money to a good cause (i.e. Okami)
I really want a sequel to Okami/Okamiden so I'm gonna tell Capcom with my money and I hope they listen! Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

The Wii U would be the perfect fit for another Okami game. No need for motion controls when you can simply draw on the controller while still having the much better graphics and a bigger screen, unlike Okamiden (it really did push the DS to its limits though).

Yeah the WiiU is seriously the perfect console for Okami, using the DS screen for the Celestial Brush was definitely easier than control stick or motion control, but Okami is just the kind of game that needs a beautiful cinematic experience!

So yes WiiU and drawing for the true Okami sequel please :3 and with Okamiden's cliffhanger they MUST still have something in mind.

Have to say, I actually prefer the look of the Wii version even though it's only in 480p. Reason for that is the intensity of the colours. In the Wii version, they had to make the paper filter less prominent than in the PS2 version, making it a lot more colourful in the process. The HD version has the look of the PS2 version, still good for the people who missed that look in the Wii version though.

Best video I've found for comparison, PS2 footage at the beginning and then Wii footage starting around 1:00.

Ahh.. it doesn't actually look very different at all, kinda disappointing, maybe Okami's too stylistic for an HD job to really change it.
Stilll I'll buy it anyway. Need to tell Capcom how much I want the sequel man-

Our member of the week

Well even if it's not for WiiU at the moment, a WiiU port with the adequate controls is almost a given, seeing how the Wii and DS got their share of Okami so far (and the Wii version actually outsold the original PS2 one !)

EDIT: I'm surprised that they didn't emphasize more the inclusion of PS Move controls (note the little logo for it at the end)

( Edited 20.06.2012 10:50 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
Well even if it's not for WiiU at the moment, a WiiU port with the adequate controls is almost a given, seeing how the Wii and DS got their share of Okami so far (and the Wii version actually outsold the original PS2 one !)

Maybe so, or maybe they're putting out the HD port while they make a ground up WiiU sequel eh eh? (I can dream!)

EDIT: I'm surprised that they didn't emphasize more the inclusion of PS Move controls (note the little logo for it at the end)

They mention it quite near the beginning about the Celestial Brush too, I guess with Okami it's more about showing the game itself than the gimmick.
Still I don't want Move for just one game, as good as it'd be for it. :c

EDIT: Wow my post made no sense.

( Edited 20.06.2012 11:34 by SuperLink )

Personally, I like that it has the colour balance and overall look of the original version. I don't know why the Wii port didn't.

Martin_ said:
Personally, I like that it has the colour balance and overall look of the original version. I don't know why the Wii port didn't.

I don't know either, to be honest it's probably down to laziness or something.
But the vibrancy of the Wii versions turned out pretty popular in its own way.

Yea, I prefer the Wii's style over the PS2 one. Regardless, personally I think Okami has the best art style I've ever seen. It's good there's an HD remake. I just wish they did more with the franchise (haven't played Okamiden yet).

SuperLink said:
Martin_ said:

I don't know either, to be honest it's probably down to laziness or something.
But the vibrancy of the Wii versions turned out pretty popular in its own way.

It's because the PS2's GPU could do some filters that the Wii's TEV's couldn't, so I assume that the PS3 can pull them off.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

So Okami is coming to the PS3? Not the Vita? Seems to me a Vita version would be awesome. Really would like to buy one eventually, and Okami looks like it would work really well on that OLED touch screen.

Well I'm all for Okami 3 comming to Wii U, the Vita would be bad since it's VERY EASY to accidently touch the screen while using the sticks (as Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ has proven much to my frustration) but with the U whenever ya need to use brush it'd be on the screen in your hand. Also Okamiden pretty much led on that there'd be a third one.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Ahhh watching that video made me realize how much I love that game!!
Once you play the wii version...it feels imposible playing with a standard controller!!
Also that comparison video...Smilie I dont rememeber ps2 version looking that blurry... seems like they couldn't improve the game that much so they decided to make the ps2 look really crappy so it looks good in so called HD...Smilie
MGS games worked and looked preety good in HD collection, but with a game like Okami... theres not much HDism you can do to it...!!

USER HAS BEEN BANNED ( (ZAPP) )

Journey Collector's Edition due August, US
Includes Journey, Flower and Flow

Aw poo, look what Japan is getting.

Image for

I'll probably hold out for the possibility of a downloadable Wii U version, I'm happy with my Wii edition of the game. I'd love that snow globe though!

Why not Vita? Smilie It would be perfect on that platform.

ah I'd kind of have preferred Okami HD to be a PSN game.

And yeah if it was released on Vita it may persuade me to buy one, touch screen control too :c

SuperLink said:

And yeah if it was released on Vita it may persuade me to buy one, touch screen control too :c

Yeah, you wouldn't even need to interrupt the front screen either, just use the back one which means you can interact in combat well without taking your hands off the controls!

320GB White PS3
Two controllers
PS+ 90 day subscription
Exclusive to GAME
July 6th
£239.99

Image for

Image for

SuperLink said:

Why's that? I prefer a physical product. I imagine it'll end up on PSN anyway, pretty much all the other 'HD Classics' disc games have.

BBC Sports app coming to PS3 (UK) before Wimbledon starts in June.

The problem with using the back screen on Vita is you can't see your hands which is disorienting & with how precise you need to be with certain things it'd be frustrating. Also AS I SAID BEFORE the sticks are too close to the screen & cause you to screw up ALOT, with WiiU there's a much larger gap so you don't hit the screen. Also switching between TV & controller screen is sublime, whi wants a half assed HD handheld when you can have thw full experience PLUS SOME with U?

That's Vita's failure right there, good looking graphics just aren't enough but at least 3DS offers something great & different that works.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jb

There are 2 members online at the moment.