Final Fantasy

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Well I just hope it not a spin off I know SE been working on a game they not told us and most of it VO done for jap

it odd to have OV done befor they tell anyone about it?

I still want ff6 remake and ff9 HD XD not 3D

( Edited 22.12.2009 23:13 by Jump_button )

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

Tetsuya Nomura has teased a few projects in the past, and now he's doing it once again. In the latest issue of Gemaga, when he's asked about 2010 projects that he's looking forward to, he starts to get cryptic. Nomura says there's a game coming that is yet-to-be announced, but he has received many personal requests about it. When revealed, he expects quite the reaction from gamers.

Jump_button said:
Tetsuya Nomura has teased a few projects in the past, and now he\'s doing it once again. In the latest issue of Gemaga, when he\'s asked about 2010 projects that he\'s looking forward to, he starts to get cryptic. Nomura says there\'s a game coming that is yet-to-be announced, but he has received many personal requests about it. When revealed, he expects quite the reaction from gamers.

Sooo, either a Final Fantasy VII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3? They are the only 2 games that would fit that description. The latter maybe not so much.

( Edited 29.12.2009 17:20 by wAyNe - sTaRT )

Still yet to finish VII. Playing through it very slowly. I don't know what it is with FF games, but I always just get to a point where I can't be bothered to play any more.

Martin_ said:
Still yet to finish VII. Playing through it very slowly. I don't know what it is with FF games, but I always just get to a point where I can't be bothered to play any more.

Same. :/ I get into it and then kind of realise that it just isn't fun. And I LIKE JRPGs. Smilie

I get it with any FF.

I only stop playing if I reach a boss that I can't defeat. It's the reason why I haven't completed 12 yet. Level grinding takes far too long on it. Will try again soon from the beginning. Can't remember much of the game but will make sure to keep my levels high from the start.

I also haven't completed FF2,3,4,5 and 6 because of this. Smilie

wAyNe - sTaRT said:

Sooo, either a Final Fantasy VII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3? They are the only 2 games that would fit that description. The latter maybe not so much.

I\'m thinking both. Famitsu confirmed that Nomura has 2 is working on 2 unknown projects.

Martin_ said:
Still yet to finish VII. Playing through it very slowly. I don\'t know what it is with FF games, but I always just get to a point where I can\'t be bothered to play any more.

Happens to me at the end. It\'s the jump in difficulty around the last dungeons, and the huge lack of story until you actually get to the final boss. It\'s just hard to be bothered to grind. And it happens with most FFs for me.

I love JRPGs, they run my life, but I have to admit that mainseries Final Fantasy is among the games I never finish. I finish spin offs just fine too.

Persona 4, there\'s a JRPG that is so great I would gladly keep playing. The only problem is how incredibly long it is!

( Edited 29.12.2009 21:13 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Same for me. I love FF4 DS, and it'll rank as one of my favorite DS games. But I haven't finished it yet. I'm at the very last part and haven't picked it up to go on.

Revival time~

So yay, Final Fantasy XIII is out tomorrow, and some of us have seemingly already got it. As usual, this is the place to discuss it, but keep spoilers in spoiler tags, and let people know how far into the game the spoilers are so they don't click something thinking they may have already seen it!

I've beaten a couple of bosses so far, and I can't play it right now (annoying thing about siblings, they wanna play it too... and get much further than me... Smilie) The battle system is a bit weird and it does feel like a step back from FFXII... and everything's so linear and small and watered down, other than the prettiness of it all ofcourse. Anyway, it's still good fun, and I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, so yay.

PS. Crystal Bearers came out recently, so if anyone actually bought/played that, now would be the time to chat about it xD

EDIT: Mash X to win has never been so appropriate.

( Edited 08.03.2010 20:10 by Lyra )

Smilie take the week off nothing plan for this week as with all new main Final Fantasy's i hear alot say it slow to start but 20hours in it start geting good

cant wait been want a good RPG

Crystal Bearers have alot of heart but it would be better if it was a RPG they get point for trying somthing new with FFCC i do love the FFCC world

i hope the next ffcc will be like ff9 a real rpg

Jump_button said:
but 20hours in it start geting good

I really hope so.

Crystal Bearers have alot of heart but it would be better if it was a RPG they get point for trying somthing new with FFCC i do love the FFCC world

Amen, it's a real shame since I'm a real whore for the FFCC world and its mythos. CB had such promise.

i hope the next ffcc will be like ff9 a real rpg

What I wouldn't give for that. Smilie

Yeah, my FFXIII came today, very happy Smilie

About 4 hours or so in at the mo. Sure, it's linear, but so was FFX, and that ranks among one of my fave ever games.

Definitely agree on the X button mashing too, Lyra. It's starting to change now that new commands are opening up for me in battle, but it is a very simple affair at first. Much like Crisis Core was for me too.

But so far, I'm blown away by the visuals and really enjoying it.

As for Crystal Bearers, it's dropped to the �£18 mark on Amazon UK, The Hut and Zavvi. Probably too much for my liking still, but I'm sure I'll pick it up one day, even though I'm disappointed in the direction it went. I adored FFCC on the GameCube and really wanted a true sequel to it in the same style but with a deeper story and summons and such.

Good shout on FF9 too. Just struck me how similar in graphic style FFCC and FF9 are. Would love for a combination of the two in same shape or form.

Anyway, back to FFXIII! Smilie

Crocomire said:
Good shout on FF9 too. Just struck me how similar in graphic style FFCC and FF9 are. Would love for a combination of the two in same shape or form.

Don't you wonder why that is? Smilie

Same art directors. Infact the art director for FFIX/FFCC went on to direct the whole of Crystal Bearers, which might be why it's a bit... weird gameplay wise. An art director does not a game director make.

Unless you're Nomura, then you make better games than you make characters.

( Edited 08.03.2010 22:41 by Lyra )

FFCC FF9 do share alot in style and the sense of humor somthing FF13 miss too<_<

hope they cover the big war but i think we seen the last of wii FFCC's

( Edited 08.03.2010 23:03 by Jump_button )

Neat, makes sense it has the same art diector. Thanks for informing me Smilie

Haha, I guess CB is the result of FF9 and FFCC in a way XD

It's a real shame though. CB was a long time in development. Either that, or it was put on hold for most of the time (which I actually thought might have been the case when we heard nothing of it for a long, long time). But the CC series has the potential for a quality game if they put they effort in. I don't think CB has sold well either so who knows what the future holds now? It's still early days I guess but we shall see.

10 Hours in and i don't see that slow part everyone was talking about. This game has been amazing from the second i inserted the disk. Anywayz back to it, Chapter 8 here i come

Fucking 2 more hours. Oh and thanks Mage, I'm definitely going to buy it now.

I'm hooked! Smilie Apart from Vanille's irritating voice, I'm liking everything about it. The Sphere grid type system has finally been unlocked so battles are gonna start getting far more interesting and varied.

The beginning really reminded me of the start of FFX when Tidus is chasing after Auron during Sin's attack.

The soundtrack too is great. I wasn't too fond of XII's soundtrack though it did have some nice tunes.

Speaking of XII, I've still got to complete that. I've only got two Espers on it so far. Smilie

mage_mccloud said:
10 Hours in and i don't see that slow part everyone was talking about. This game has been amazing from the second i inserted the disk. Anywayz back to it, Chapter 8 here i come

Man you got through it quickly. I've had it since 3pm yesterday and I only just got to Chapter 2...

Gonna start playing again inabit.

Damn it, I'm not going to be able to buy it until 25th March, otherwise I know I probably won't stop playing until my dissertations done. I'm probably going to end up ordering it to get here on the day after.

I'm liking it so far, only got up to the part where bridges are collapsing and Snow *murmur*

I'll get back to it after I watch IP Man.

Currently on Chapter 4. Towards the end of Chapter 3, battles suddenly get much deeper. I'm actually pretty impressed with the Paradigm Shift system and the party AI, I just wish it wasn't so hard to level up multiple roles at once. I just did a bit with Lightning and Hope, and Hope's just pretty useless, dying quickly and not being much good as a Medic either, because I'd put all his growth into Synergy and Ravaging.

Anyway, the game's growing on me, but straight paths with battle after battle isn't something I'm used to when it comes to FF... just makes me want to play FFXII Smilie

By the way: Europeans with the PS3 version

I might check it out in a bit. Thanks Squeenix!

( Edited 09.03.2010 16:19 by Lyra )

love it so far i dont like if the leader die it game over, your in a party and they is next to no freedom

the start was a bit boring fast boring but that why it was boring to fast A to B

good to see they showing the history would love them to not just be a CS and give you freedom to take to everyone and stuff

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.