Final Fantasy

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Yeah I'm loving it so far, Lightning punches that guy in nearly every scene lol.

Smilie snow is lighting bitch you know she the one on top

first hour's

( Edited 09.03.2010 19:12 by Jump_button )

Lightning and Snow are both pretty hopeless. One thing I like about Snow is that his concept of a hero is like one he's built from hearing of legends and watching TV and stuff, it makes him seem really realistic, and chances are he'll get a real reality check throughout the course of the game.

Lightning on the other hand is pretty leet but she needs to stop being so damn pessimistic about being a hero and stuff.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Lightnings a right bitch alot of the time, but also a cool character as well. I'm really enjoying it so far, up to chapter 7 Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Chapter 5 here. Still thoroughly enjoying it. I like Lightning as a character. Does seem very Cloud Strife, but that's no bad thing for me.

I also commend Square for adding the datalog and being able to read the story of the game as it happens. Ever since I saw the same thing in Tales of Symphonia I thought it was simple but brilliant and something that should be in all RPGs.

Working for 5 days straight from tomorrow so trying to make the most of my time with the game now D:

( Edited 09.03.2010 20:53 by Crocomire )

Yeah the datalog's good, I think something similar was implemented in Kingdom Hearts. It's very useful if you're coming back to the game after not playing it after a couple days.
Why is a Chocobo in Sazh' hair? Reminds me of the birds in Peter Griffins' beard.

Digital Foundry's Face-Off between the 360 and PS3 version of FFXIII.

In summation:

· PS3 version runs at 720p native, 360 version runs at 576p native. In comparison terms, this means the resolution of the 360 version is a third lower than the PS3.

· The alpha transparencies on the 360 code are just as weak as the PS3 code. Usually the 360 triumphs here as it has a massive fill-rate, which is an area where the RSX cannot compete at all. DF say they find this baffling, then something to do with tiles that I don't really understand.

· 360 version does at least have a better frame-rate than the PS3 version.

· The FMVs on 360 are compressed in a horrible manner, and look pretty bad whenever there is any action going on. Still, slow scenes where much of the information in a frame can be re-used for the next do look OK. Any action scenes look bad, though.

· Disc-swapping is actually the smallest of the issues with the 360 code, though was expected to be the biggest.

Not to mention some of the cutscenes are shortened by some seconds, give or take.

In other news God of War 3 has 16x MLAA (morthological anti-aliasing) that game will have the best IQ on consoles and since Sony share tech imagine UC3 or Killzone 3 utilising 16xMLAA? Instead of 2xMSAA or that fucking Quincux.

On Martins topic, who 'ere bought this game on 360? Stand up.

( Edited 10.03.2010 13:30 by Simez )

I didn't mention shorter durations of cut-scenes simply because Digital Foundry didn't mention that at all. I'll take your word for it, though. As for 'who bought it on 360', I imagine it was anyone who only has a 360 and really likes Final Fantasy Smilie

Personally I think FF is pretty wank, so I won't be getting either version.

Oh you'll get it.... you....'ll.....get....it

M. Bison, Will Martin get Final Fantasy XIII?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voyg6SNVpu8&feature=related

Will he get it on his PS3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb6Z7CgCkpg

SmilieSmilie

Naaaaah. Still haven't finished FFVII, and that came out last Thursday!

WTF Smilie

M. Bison, can you double over 9000 and then kill it with fire and do it last Thursday?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voyg6SNVpu8&feature=related

Zangief, what do you recommend?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZvxBd06zqM&feature=related

( Edited 10.03.2010 14:16 by Simez )

Now now girls, the FF thread isn't obscure meme land.

You can't expect Martin to get FFXIII since it got everything that made FFXII good, the only other FF game Martin ever liked, and set it on fire with plenty of oil.

In order to bring the thread back on topic, I'm going to make a humerous observation.

As soon as you get magic and "roles" (the poor man's "job system"), any character without the Commando job suddenly forgets how to use physical attacks. Brilliant!

Commando = Warrior
Ravager = Black Mage
Medic = White Mage
Synergist/Saboteur = Green Mage divided by 2.

They shoulda just used the standard FF phrases imo~

Goldfinger. Do I expect Martin to get FFXIII?

Lol just joking SL,

I'm currently playing as a NOW useful Sazh, before he was just a synergist doing Magic tricks he was as useful as Judas to Jesus.
I like to balance with a Comm-RAV-Medic combo because Vanille is useless and Hope is hopel... you know, unless they're throwing cure at me and my sub-ordinates. Yes YES.

WADA - "Microsoft asked us to bring FFXIII to 360"
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/10/wada-microsoft-asked-us-to-do-ffxiii-for-360/

( Edited 10.03.2010 15:56 by siMes. Bison )

FF13 feel alot like FFx-2 in fights best FF for a long time but still not up there with FF6-9

and why is Sazh all ways saying he old XD he not that old if he was 70+ then yeah

( Edited 10.03.2010 16:09 by Jump_button )

Well good on them. They got a good game on their console. Well played Microsoft.

So I'm just at the start of Chapter 6 now, and the boss of Chapter 5 wowed me in a way I never expected. It wasn't the boss itself, it was the way I used Paradigm Shift to beat it. By that point in the game I'm sure everyone will be used to it, but I have to say for that boss I was in the zone with it or something. I knew exactly what to Shift to and when to do it, and because of that a boss that seemed otherwise really bloody hard was a breeze.

Paradigm Shift is a very awesome mechanic.

EDIT: J_B I still disagree. It's definitely better than VIII but for me it's no XII beater.

( Edited 10.03.2010 16:09 by Lyra )

XII was a mmo dressed up as a RPG boring as hell anygame where you dont have a to touch a button is a bad one all the Characters where the same in a wolrd full of races the only non-human was the rabbit only really two of the characters had any point being there the other were just along for the fun

Jump_button said:
XII was a mmo dressed up as a RPG boring as hell anygame where you dont have a to touch a button is a bad one

And a game where all you do is mash X most of the time is any better?

Don't start on Paradigm Shift, because we both know that FFXII's battle system is a lot deeper than just "leaving the controller" too.

all the Characters where the same in a wolrd full of races the only non-human was the rabbit

That was a bit annoying, but atleast 2 of the 5 human characters were awesome and I wouldn't have swapped them for anything.

only really two of the characters had any point being there the other were just along for the fun

That's your beloved Square-Enix's fault. Upper management didn't allow one of the best characters in the game, Basch, to be the main character like he was originally intended, because he was too old. So they stuck in a generic whiny teenager with no plot relevance as the protagonist, which really fits the bill for FF games don't you think?

PS. If FFXII was an MMO dressed like an RPG then why do I love it? Didn't you know I'm C3's resident MMORPG hater?

( Edited 10.03.2010 16:25 by Lyra )

everything about FF12 say MMO boring grinding, hunting monsters, one player other acting on they own

Jump_button said:
everything about FF12 say MMO boring grinding, hunting monsters, one player other acting on they own

If you need to grind on FFXII then you suck. You need to grind far more on FFIV than you do on XII.

One player acting on their own? You have more control over your entire party on FFXII than you ever do on FFXIII. Not only that, but controlling a party of 4 in real time Vs controlling 1 character in almost turn based battles.

Your own arguments aren't working in FFXIII's favour here.

every day leveing was grinding boring as hell

FF12 *walk up press attack (if you didt have it on auto) wait for it to die* all you had to do not one did i ever feel like i was loseing in fact didt feel like i was doing shit

FF13 you can pick to wait and hold your attacks or just let one off to keep the chain going

what roll you give to the partys really is life or death

Jump_button said:
every day leveing was grinding boring as hell

FF12 *walk up press attack (if you didt have it on auto) wait for it to die* all you had to do not one did i ever feel like i was loseing in fact didt feel like i was doing shit

Probably because you didn't get far enough for the battle system to actually require strategy and thought. Not surprising considering your attitude to it. Sometimes you need to control the party members yourself to use certain attacks and spread your focus across multiple enemies, and sometimes you're going to have to leave it to the AI because your main character is dying too quickly and you have to concentrate on staying alive so you can keep the battle going on longer.

And lol. "Every day levelling is grinding"? No. Don't you know the difference between levelling and grinding? Grinding is purposefully staying in the same place to get stronger, but you never have to do that in FFXII, and if you do then you suck.

FF13 you can pick to wait and hold your attacks or just let one off to keep the chain going

Yes, huge depth right there. Choose to attack early or just keep mashing X. It's amazing![/sarcasm]

Speaking of chains, FFXII had a chain system too. Killing loads of the same types of enemy in a row got you rarer items, as well as experience and money bonuses, and it was really incredibly handy at midway parts of the game, it makes you plan your pathway through an area or dungeon too.

( Edited 10.03.2010 18:04 by Lyra )

in ff12 everything did feel like you was grind i just i thank the gods when i got a no encounters item geez ever fight was as boring as the last

FF12 really borded me to death and Iam a big FF fan its like a god to me but FF12 did feel like a MMO dressed up as a RPG just look at it i cant see how you can say you hate MMO's but love FF12 its the same shit

Jump_button said:
in ff12 everything did feel like you was grind i just i thank the gods when i got a no encounters item geez ever fight was as boring as the last

Lol, it's the same way with most FF games if you hadn't realised. Every random battle is the same old same old. If it felt like you were grinding the whole time then now you know how I feel about FFIV and FFVIII.

FF12 really borded me to death and Iam a big FF fan its like a god to me but FF12 did feel like a MMO dressed up as a RPG just look at it i cant see how you can say you hate MMO's but love FF12 its the same shit

Clearly it's not, otherwise I would hate it. I personally can't see why so many people dislike XII.

Oh wait.

Fuck you Square-Enix. How dare you try to do something new and original. Fuck you. You'd better make the same old turn based battle system with little changes in every mainseries game from now on, because drastically evolving stale game franchises is a horrible terrible bad thing that should never be done[/rant]

( Edited 10.03.2010 18:38 by Lyra )

Lyra said:
So they stuck in a generic whiny teenager with no plot relevance as the protagonist, which really fits the bill for FF games don't you think?

I know nothing of the plot for the new game (something like "evil person goes on rampage to rule world, you and your party of anime characters defeat said evil"..?), but every single Final Fantasy game I've ever played has an androgynous, whiny girly-boy teenager as the protagonist. So yup, whiny teenagers do in fact fit the Final Fantasy bill. At least this time they ditched the androgyny and decided whether the main character was a boy or a girl.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.