Final Fantasy

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Martin_ said:
but every single Final Fantasy game I've ever played has an androgynous, whiny girly-boy teenager as the protagonist.

Never played FFVI then?

Unlike Lightning Terra was neither androgynous or whiny.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Not really, no. Played an intro on FFIII (which I believe is American for FFVI?) where there's a snowy village and you're this green or blue haired girl (can't remember) who's being chauffeured around by these goons using Ripley's loader rig from the end of Aliens. That's as far as I got.

Smilie oh that reminds me fuck you sonic team for trying new and original and go 3D You'd better make the same old based with little changes in every mainseries game from now on, because drastically evolving stale game franchises is a horrible terrible bad thing that should never be done[/rant]

bad is still bad its not about trying somthing new I just hate the game play and story so its just a really bad FF for me

its only get point for the wolrd and then it really FFT

( Edited 10.03.2010 18:42 by Jump_button )

Martin_ said:
Not really, no. Played an intro on FFIII (which I believe is American for FFVI?) where there's a snowy village and you're this green or blue haired girl (can't remember) who's being chauffeured around by these goons using Ripley's loader rig from the end of Aliens. That's as far as I got.
FFVI was originally released in the West as FFIII on the SNES, yes. All the re-releases have been called VI though. The green haired girl is called Terra.

Jump_button said:
Smilie oh that reminds me fuck you sonic team for new and original You'd better make the same old based with little changes in every mainseries game from now on, because drastically evolving stale game franchises is a horrible terrible bad thing that should never be done

Holy crap you actually thought I was being serious didn't you? Smilie
And yes the same argument applies to Sonic. How DARE they change it and try new things!

bad is still bad its not about trying somthing new I just hate the game play and story so its just a really bad FF for me

There ya go.

its only get point for the wolrd and then it really FFT

Expanding the world created for FFT is a brilliant idea though. Ivalice is awesome.

( Edited 10.03.2010 18:48 by Lyra )

I didn't see the issue people had with FFXII. I'm no FF fan, so maybe I don't have the right to comment on the matter, but I liked the more mature political storyline (made a change from all the world-saving stuff), I liked the battle system (whether or not it's similar to battles in MMOs, I really don't care), and definitely liked that there were no random battles. I thought it was kind of a rip-off of Star Wars in lots of places, but then fuck Star Wars and everyone who is a fan of it.

I heard about the debacle with FFXII's development though, where Square were being very heavy-handed in telling the team what to do, to the point where some extremely senior member of the FF team (can't remember his name) said "fuck you" and left.

Hahaha, my bro made me laugh last night when he could hear me playing the game. "That girl sounds like she's having sex all the time, it's pissing me off!", talking about Vanille of course.

Why do they insist on doing this to chirpy girls in video games and the like? Every step she takes she's moaning orgasms. No one is like this in real life, no matter how jolly they are.

I've grown to like her, but things like that are a tad annoying :/

Crocomire said:
Hahaha, my bro made me laugh last night when he could hear me playing the game. "That girl sounds like she's having sex all the time, it's pissing me off!", talking about Vanille of course.

Everyone seems to be noticing this, my brother and I pretty much agreed that the VA was constantly doing "private things" whilst voice recording, not very appropriate. Still Vanille is a lot of fun, the scenes with her may be cringeworthy at times, but as long as Sazh is in them too they usually put a smile on my face.

I've grown to like her, but things like that are a tad annoying :/

It's annoying, but that's not Vanille's fault. Vanille is probably one of my fave characters so far.

Also I'm currently raging at the fact that a good chunk of the game's music are remixes of that bloody Leona Lewis song. I like some of the remixes, like the one used for the Chapter 6 "dungeon", but how many original compositions did they replace with this song I wonder? My blood boils just thinking about it.

Lyra said:
Also I'm currently raging at the fact that a good chunk of the game's music are remixes of that bloody Leona Lewis song. I like some of the remixes, like the one used for the Chapter 6 "dungeon", but how many original compositions did they replace with this song I wonder? My blood boils just thinking about it.

They did that because (and only because) it'll sell more and reach a much wider audience if a pop-star is attached to it. Welcome to Fascism, where money makes the decisions, not people.

How the bumfuck do you beat Odin? I have no guard abilities with Lightning, I hate that Gestalt bullshit.

siMes. Bison said:
How the bumfuck do you beat Odin? I have no guard abilities with Lightning, I hate that Gestalt bullshit.

Levelling up a Spark Ring helped me a lot.

siMes. Bison said:

lrn2 Paradigm shift. If I was proe with Paradigm Shift by that point I would have pwnt Odin, and sure enough I gave my brother some advice and he pwnt Odin.

Odin gave me tons of trouble. In the end I just used War & Peace until he used his shield, at which point I quickly switched to Slash & Burn. HOWEVEERRRR~~~

Odin wields to those who have a nice chain bonus. When I first fought him I didn't know this, but magic is far more effective for chaining than physical attack.
Here's what you do.

War & Peace the whole time, until he uses his shield. At this point VERY QUICKLY change to Dualcasting and do as much magic on him as you can before he puts his shield away. When this happens switch back to War & Peace to keep the chain high but also get healed while he's attacking. Rinse and repeat, he should be done before long.

This thread is delicious.

I hope you don't mind if I delete your post. It has about as much point to it as Hope does to FFXIII's plot.

( Edited 11.03.2010 11:49 by Lyra )

you keep hope alive when he geting the shit kick out of him

Smilie that how you get the bar up to clam him

didt you pick up on all the keeping hope alive stuff befor you fight him same with snow and he going to Protecting her?

( Edited 11.03.2010 11:59 by Jump_button )

Since when was Lyra a mod? Are you an old member by a different name?

Martin_ said:
Since when was Lyra a mod? Are you an old member by a different name?

Have you gone for almost a whole month without knowing I was SuperLink in a girly disguise?
Also noone else has a post count over 20,000. NOONE.

You coulda just looked at my userpage, I keep all my old usernames listed there.

FFXIII time. I'm pretty sure I'm right at the end of Chapter 7. Another awesome boss, Paradigm Shift just gets better and better, especially now that I've had the chance to put all I've learnt into a 3-man party and nuke the hell out of things.

Sometimes Square-Enix can be incredibly silly.

( Edited 11.03.2010 18:29 by Lyra )

Ah, I see. I never even look at people's post counts or profiles. Ever.

Martin_ said:
Ah, I see. I never even look at people's post counts or profiles. Ever.

Your loss. Stalking people is fun. I bet you missed "him" though. Smilie

Another boss at the end of Chapter 7. Holy shit, I didn't think it was beatable. It took forever but I managed to beat it first try Smilie
Finally on Chapter 8.

( Edited 11.03.2010 19:24 by Lyra )

I don't mind you deleting Bison's delicious post. In Bisonica everything's delicious.

However thanks Croc and Lyra for the posts I will try both these tonight, if I fail then... well just remember what I did to Chun Li's village and father on Tuesday.

Good game, great Final Fantasy game. Enjoying it.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

Okay I bumfucked Odin now he's my treacle. Thanks again for the help guys, I need to level Sazh up a bit, his skills are lacking.
Seriously even I'm not stupid but sometimes I'm mistaken the in-engine cutscenes for CG cutscenes, very impressive visuals indeed.

siMes. Bison said:

Seriously even I'm not stupid but sometimes I'm mistaken the in-engine cutscenes for CG cutscenes, very impressive visuals indeed.

Until you see the fingers.

Chapter 8 was very short and I'm already on Chapter 9. Fighting with Sazh and Vanille has always been hard and even though I'm used to the Paradigm Shift it's still not easy. Sazh is a bit of a poor Commando so battles take too long.

this is gold

Jump_button said:
this is gold

Wow, that video's sad beyond belief Smilie

( Edited 12.03.2010 19:57 by Lyra )

Holy shit, It's bigger than the internet. LOL at the boos.

I would boo MS too, bull shit that they push the port more over here. But then that MS PR for you they do anything, too bad it only pissed off alot of hard core FF fan that got a PS3 just for FF13

I know I did ^^ and who want that green box next to my psone and ps2 FF's?

Jump_button said:
I would boo MS too, bull shit that they push the port more over here. But then that MS PR for you they do anything, too bad it only pissed off alot of hard core FF fan that got a PS3 just for FF13

Yeah damn Square for putting FFXIII on a more popular console that would actually get the game mainstream sales in the west.

I know I did ^^ and who want that green box next to my psone and ps2 FF's?

Who wants those CD boxes next to my NES and SNES FFs? DAMN SQUARE FOR PUTTING FF ON A SONY CONSOEL GRR.

PS. I was wrong about the Leona Lewis music, I haven't actually heard it yet and I have no idea when it plays. The vocal music in the English version was in the Japanese music too. Some of it was even still in English in the Japanese version.

So now I can finally admit that I think this song is really awesome:

Leona Lewis' terrible "doesn't belong in a game period let alone an RPG" song

I've never heard it before. Holy crap why Square?

( Edited 12.03.2010 20:25 by Lyra )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.