Final Fantasy

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Smilie you forgot with help from leona lewis Smilie she just use for PR i think -_- or she at the end ps i love that song lol not my hand the one you posted lol

well I have ff1 to 9 on PSone so :/

( Edited 12.03.2010 20:25 by Jump_button )

Jump_button said:
Smilie you forgot with help from leona lewis Smilie

No I'm pretty sure that music isn't sung by Leona Lewis or anything, it doesn't sound like her. She's a terrible generic singer, there I said it.

she just use for PR i think -_-

Yeah thankfully it seems like her music isn't pasted all over the game box or anything, I think it's used more the other way around almost.

well I have ff1 to 9 on PSone so :/

FFIII never came out on PS1 Smilie Haaa haaa.

( Edited 12.03.2010 20:30 by Lyra )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Smilie well seeing as it never come out over here DS one will do

I feel like riping the page out with her on it but they FF13 on back so

Xbox cases are ugly next to my DVD ones. Black vs Greewwwwggggghh. Me puking. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I like the Leona track, I sing along to it.

"MY HANDS"
where can I put my knob Leona?
"MY HANDS"
I will get a handjob from?
"MY HANDS"

( Edited 12.03.2010 22:39 by siMes. Bison )

siMes. Bison said:
Xbox cases are ugly next to my DVD ones. Black vs Greewwwwggggghh. Me puking. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Racist.

I'm currently stuck on this really really hard boss at the end of Chapter 9. Right now I'm thinking I just plain suck and I'm going about this the wrong way.

He even cast Doom. What the hell is one supposed to do about that D:
Just beat him, I guess you need to win quite quickly.
Wow what a horror that was.

( Edited 13.03.2010 21:35 by Lyra )

What is this doom bullshit? Even premature ejaculators don't ejaculate before that time runs out.

Smilie slow him down and buff up and hit him hard and fast two magic one attacking and keep hp up when you get close just keep going unless the leander about to die

just wait for 10 boss he hits hard your not too far away from him

( Edited 13.03.2010 22:45 by Jump_button )

Jump_button said:
Smilie slow him down and buff up and hit him hard and fast two magic one attacking and keep hp up when you get close just keep going unless the leander about to die

Yeah I probably should have considered sabotage.
Did anyone find the Chapter 10 random enemies quite hard? Especially those soldier things. If the rest of the game is going to be this hard... well let's just say it might even be harder than early FF titles at this rate >.<

Any suggestions for item/weapon upgrading? I hate the system since there are never enough parts to make upgrading simple or easy, you never know what's good to upgrade or not... ugh it annoys me.

I hear you on the upgrading front, Lyra. I always think, oh I don't want to upgrade this weapon because I might find a better one later and upgrade that instead. But I've noticed new weapons are scarce in this game so I dunno, if I start getting stuck soon I might think about upgrading more.

I've just hit the open plains now too. Bit of exploration might be in store.

Just beat Bulbasaur, open area here I come

Tomorrow Smilie

Am I the only one who hasn't made it there yet Dx
I'm a bit of the way through Chapter 10. Haven't come across the famous killer boss just yet, but I'm really not looking forward to it from what I've heard...

Since everyone seems stumped on the Upgrading/Weapons in this game i'll give you all the information I've obtained over my course of the game.

Weapons:
Each character has access to 8 different 1st tier weapons. I'll use Lightning as an example since everyone should have her in their party for reasons later obvious.

Lightning has access to the following weapons;
Blazefire Saber, Axis Blade, Edged Carbine, Lifesaber, Gladius, Organyx, Hauteclaire, and the Lionheart.

Each of these blades has differing stats, whether strong in attack, magic of balanced. The idea behind Weapons in FFXIII is upgrading to make the weapons stronger. Each weapon has two upgrades, a Tier 2 and Ultima Weapon class. Therefore if one wanted Lightning to be a ravenger class, it would be suitable to go for either a balanced or magic heavy sword so that when upgrades are performed, the damage will spike.

Upgrading:

The idea behind Upgrading is leveling your weapon Disgaea style to the weapons maximum level and then forging it with a stone to produce the next tier level weapon. For this section I will use Lightning's Gladius as an example because it's the only weapon I have got to Ultima class.

Upgrading uses components of either a mechanincal or organic nature. The difference is massive and if used correctly together can make forginf extremely easy. Note: Lots of money is required to quickly level up weapons, farming is too slow and not worth it.

Upgrading features a Bonus and EXP system. Weapons are leveled up using EXP from the type of component used, as you've probably noticed organic components are inferior to mechanical components in EXP value. There is a reason for this.

Organic components come with stats that increase your weapons bonus EXP multiplier. Mechincal items are used thereafter to achieve the highest possible EXP yield.

For players around the chapter 10 area i suggest using superconducters or insulator coupling to upgrade weapons. Insulator coupling is ideal for first tier weapons because it's cheap and has a good EXP yield. Superconductors are unlocked in Chapter 10/11 depending on region.

Now to upgrade that weapon. Note: Mechanical componets reduce the weapons EXP bonus, so you must stock up on several hundred before using them to obtain the highest possible EXP yield.

First get your Gladius level 1. Buy exactly 36 sturdy bones, this will grant you an instant x3 EXP bonus on any weapon. Now save up and purchase approximately 350 pieces of insulator coupling. First use the 36 sturdy bones on the gladius, this gives the x3 bonus. You will have to purchase more sets of 36 Sturdy Bones as the item limit for carried items is 99. The approximate number of couplings required to upgrade the Gladius is 350. Save before upgrading and check the desired exp needed to achieve level 26.

Reload and buy just enough coupling to make it to lvl 26. The Gladius is now maxed out and can be molded into a Helter-skelter.

Resist the temptation to forge straight away. As soon as you forge the tier 2 weapon, damage dips backs down to initial damage spec of the Gladius. The difference is a greater increment of damage per level and a maximum weapon level of 61.

Now wait until you have unlocked either the R&D shop or simply use semiconductors and start farming for lots of money. You want to have enough money to buy at least 999 semiconducters and 36 sturdy bones. Once you have these items ready, forge the helter skelter and repeat above upgrading routine, remmber to save before to double check the amount you need, so not to overuse or underuse.

Hope this helps everyone; any questions just ask away

( Edited 15.03.2010 07:16 by mage_mccloud )

Thanks for the info mage, will have to read over it tomorrow.

Just died on the Chapter 10 boss, as expected. Fucking Seraphic Ray o_o
Gonna try again tomorrow morning. If anyone has any hints for him, please put 'em in spoiler tags or something xD ciao!

ch 11

ch 10 boss

( Edited 14.03.2010 08:45 by Jump_button )

THANK YOU JUMP! Smilie Debuffing is just what I needed to make it actually seem like a pretty easy fight. That and using sprays before the battle to buff myself until he goes into debuff mode.

Now open areas surely await me. Smilie

EDIT: Fuck yes open areas! Now this feels more like FFXII, and marks too! It's so fucking dangerous aswell o_o Maybe I'll take a break.
EDIT2: Good god, I just heard that the last 3 Chapters (13 Chapters lol) make up about half of the game.

( Edited 14.03.2010 18:19 by Lyra )

Having a tough time on a certain chapter 11 boss at the mo. First boss you come across after reaching the open world I think :/

Spoilers as to who it is:

( Edited 14.03.2010 21:48 by Crocomire )

@ Mage.
How are you supposed to get 350 pieces of Insulated Cabling if you can only hold 99 at once? Or did I miss something there Smilie

Just trying to get my head around this and wandering around grinding a little and exploring really. Then I'll probably get started on all those Marks.

Crocomire said:
Having a tough time on a certain chapter 11 boss at the mo. First boss you come across after reaching the open world I think :/

Spoilers as to who it is:

Ahh this guy took me ages to get past and does seem impossible. I mainly use Vanille as Sabouter and Fang as sentinel I think. The spells vanille uses should raise the bar quite a bit. Switch back to a class with Vanille as a medic otherwise you'll die fast. You should try medic and commando when you need healing, so atleast Fang can raise the bar while recovering hp.
So far he's one of the hardest bosses to fight in the game xD

( Edited 15.03.2010 01:40 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Lyra said:
@ Mage.
How are you supposed to get 350 pieces of Insulated Cabling if you can only hold 99 at once? Or did I miss something there Smilie

Sorry let me flesh out the instructions. Check the post again

Thanks Mage, I am now the proud owner of a max level Gladius. I haven't seen a superconductor or anything like that in the shops, so I guess I'll just leave it for now.

I'm currently just exploring the hell out of all these areas, and spending hours and hours just fighting marks and getting items. The levelling is going quite quickly too, I'm already finding battles I used to find quite hard quite easy.

Thanks for the tips LKR. Still not successful yet though. Might go back to the fields and level up some.

Concerning the weapon upgrading, I currently have a level 6 gladius for Lightning. Am I okay to start doing the method posted here to carry on levelling it up, or is it ideal to start from scratch with a level 1 gladius? I.e. Have I missed out on extra boosts by not using the above method on a level 1 gladius, or am I okay to start now on my level 6 sword?

Also, where the heck do I find lots of gil? I have less than 10,000 currently.

I didn't have a problem levelling up my Gladius from level 11 to max on Chapter 11. Yeah I may have wasted a bit of money, but it wasn't too much.

Sell extra items, such as accessories you won't use, weapons you won't use. Don't dismantle them 'cos I find you rarely get decent materials from them. I had plenty of money after that.

I've done the first 10 marks. While exploring the vastly huge hugeness of the lovely areas so graciously granted to us by the nice chaps over at Square, I've levelled up enough for the enemies I used to find hard (such as the random dogs, mages and Behemoths on the main plains) to be quite easy, like I said before. The difference in my power is pretty shocking.

I haven't even made an effort to go to Oerba yet, I even got to see a fair few PA-like (think Star Ocean) cutscenes, using the ingame animations rather than the usual FMV (looks pretty crap), the lip movements were all random. It was pretty weird Smilie but they were some decent scenes.
Taking a break for now, but when I reconvene it'll be back to hunting. I suggest the same to anyone else who wants to make the best out of their time on Pulse Smilie

done all D ranking onto C's

Crocomire said:
Thanks for the tips LKR. Still not successful yet though. Might go back to the fields and level up some.

Concerning the weapon upgrading, I currently have a level 6 gladius for Lightning. Am I okay to start doing the method posted here to carry on levelling it up, or is it ideal to start from scratch with a level 1 gladius? I.e. Have I missed out on extra boosts by not using the above method on a level 1 gladius, or am I okay to start now on my level 6 sword?

Also, where the heck do I find lots of gil? I have less than 10,000 currently.

No it doesn't matter what level you start upgrading from. My way simply reduces the amount of items and time needed to upgrade

I suggest selling all components bar the sturdy bones and the mechanical component you are stocking up on. Never sell your weapons unless you double up. Same goes for accessories. You never know when one will come in handy

Nice, thanks. I'll sell some items then and start upgrading Smilie

Finally beat the boss I was stuck on too. Time to move on with the story at last.

( Edited 16.03.2010 12:22 by Crocomire )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.