Blink 182 - possible reunion

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Taken from the official Kerrang! website

Bassist Mark Hoppus has hinted that a Blink 182 reunion is on the cards.

In an online posting on his official site, Hoppus reveals that drummer Travis Barker's near-fatal plane crash has paved the way for a reconciliation with Tom DeLonge, who left the band in 2005 to form Angels And Airwaves.

"In the midst of everything else that has happened lately, Tom, Travis 
and I have all spoken together," said Hoppus. "First through a number of phone calls,
 and then a couple of weeks ago, we all hung out for a few hours.
 They've all been great, very positive conversations. We're just 
reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. It's a good
thing."

"Obviously the first question for a lot of people will be 'does this mean a Blink-182 reunion?'," he adds. "The answer is none of us know. We
haven't talked about it at all. Right now, it's just good for the three
 of us to see one another, reconnect and let the past be the past. The events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. Life is too short."

Personally I could not be more excited and welcoming to a Blink reunion, I mean they're one of my favorite bands. However in the same breath im a bit dubious of the strength of this new "reconnected friendship" and it could lead to a hasty tour leading to a massive fuck up and everything going back to square 1. This is coupled with the fact Tom may have spent too much time, the last 4 years, with the God fearing AVA to still have the same effect when singing about fucking dogs and his grandad shitting himself.

Either way...anything that get's rid of that god awful Angels and Airwaves is fine by me.

Your thoughts?

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

They split up?

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

Blink 182 are kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Most of their stuff is pretty terrible, but somehow in a good way.

I'm not sure about this, I'm just gonna see how it all shakes out.

Ah, fuck Blink 182. Fuck them. Tom DeLonge's voice is just whiney horribleness, and their music is nonsense. Fuck them. Barker should have died in that plane crash in order to spare the world from a Blink reunion. It's mostly DeLonge that I hate, though.

There's no option that signifies knowlege of Blink 182 yet pure hatred of band members and their music.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Yay, more crap for attention craving teenages who want to believe they have a unique, superior taste in music. Is it these who have a video where theyre salgging band using "The" in the name for being commercial? The ironySmilie

Although I'm now not a fan, I can't hate them. I grew up on blink-182 (when I knew no better) and they do have some decent tunes (Feeling This, Adam's Song, Story of a Lonely Guy, Mutt, Going Away to College) and if you can't see that Travis Barker is probably one of the most talented musicians of the last few decades, you have issues.

Still, a tour of them running around in Y-fronts singing about fucking a dog up the arse? No thanks.

im no fan of them but there kind of good

Robsy said:
and if you can\'t see that Travis Barker is probably one of the most talented musicians of the last few decades, you have issues.

Please. Travis Barker is merely a \"decent\" drummer.

Buckethead

Image for

Les Claypool

Image for

Paul Gilbert

Image for

Neil Peart

Image for

Frit Odman

Image for

To name but a few musicians who are infinitely better at their instruments, and represent the apex of the current generation of musicians. Travis Barker is very small potatoes compared to these guys, and loads more that I didn\'t mention.

( Edited 26.11.2008 06:33 by Martin_ )

Angus said:
Yay, more crap for attention craving teenages who want to believe they have a unique, superior taste in music. Is it these who have a video where theyre salgging band using \"The\" in the name for being commercial? The ironySmilie

Nope, that would be Sum 41 - Still Waiting

Awesome video =]

EDIT: How is it ironic? They arent called THE blink-182

Martin, Travis Barker is an insane drummer. Ok, some of his in song drum beats arent THAT challenging or impressive, but you gotta watch some of his freestyle stuff to really get the brunt of his talent.

( Edited 28.11.2008 10:32 by Takeo )

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Hey Martin, I actually created an account to tell you how f**king stupid you are. You made it quite clear to everybody that you don't know anything about music, or Blink 182. Travis Barker, as Robsy previously stated, is one of the best drummers today. You mentioned that there are "a few musicians who are infinitely better at their instruments." No, there aren't. In fact, that doesn't even make sense. You're an idiot. I don't understand how you can compare Travis Barker, who plays pop punk/rock, to somebody like Ferit Odman who plays jazz. This brings me to my next point. You also said that "Travis Barker is merely a "decent" drummer." Well guess what you dumb sh*t, you're merely a "decent" speller. It's spelled Ferit, not Frit. Anyways, I hope someone does you a favour and pushes you in front of an oncoming train. Thanks for your time, d*ckhead.

You don't have to censor your swear words, they come up on C3 anyway. I study music, and earn money giving music lessons. I do know my music, and my musicians. Just because Ferit plays a different genre doesn't mean he can't be compared. You're obviously some huge Blink 182 fanboy or something. I'll leave you to salivate over the prospect of their return.

The only blink song I like is "I Miss You", which is weird because I'm big on the Punk rock genre...

.:Zelda Adventures:.
u guys are DNA.

martin_is_a_fag said:
Hey Martin, I actually created an account to tell you how f**king stupid you are. You made it quite clear to everybody that you don't know anything about music, or Blink 182. Travis Barker, as Robsy previously stated, is one of the best drummers today. You mentioned that there are "a few musicians who are infinitely better at their instruments." No, there aren't. In fact, that doesn't even make sense. You're an idiot. I don't understand how you can compare Travis Barker, who plays pop punk/rock, to somebody like Ferit Odman who plays jazz. This brings me to my next point. You also said that "Travis Barker is merely a "decent" drummer." Well guess what you dumb sh*t, you're merely a "decent" speller. It's spelled Ferit, not Frit. Anyways, I hope someone does you a favour and pushes you in front of an oncoming train. Thanks for your time, d*ckhead.

Wow, I don't think I've see such strange rage since the whole Zidane vs Materazzi incident.

On topic, not a fan of Blink 182 or the whole pop-punk thing in general, plus the lead singers voice grates like almost no other. From some of the videos I've seen Travis Barker does seem like a pretty sick drummer.

Yeah, Travis Barker is better than Neil Peart and Ferit Odman? So I guess Pete Wentz is better than Marcus Miller and Billy Sheehan?

I think I would go as far as saying Travis Barker is a more creative drummer than Neil Peart, yeah. Peart has stamina and is a good drummer, but technically I wouldn't rate him above Travis.

Argue on Smilie

I dont like Blink-182 but i do like travis barker. He is talented but I know many drummers that can easily kick his ass. He just stands out more because he\'s with a alternative rock band, put him in a heavy metal band and he wont be able to handle it. Smilie

EDIT: BTW, it looks like the guy that hates you, Martin, is a huge Blink-182 fan. But yea, you can\'t really compare pop rock drummer to a jazz drummer, but it doesnt matter cause every other pop rock drummer sucks so what else can you compare to. And yea Neil Peart is fucking amazing, so much better than Travis Barker, the only guy I believe is better than Neil, or more agil i should say, is Tim Yeung. The guy can make a bass drum sound like a buzzing bee for fucks sake!

( Edited 28.11.2008 00:14 by Demoni Rakkausenkeli )

Robsy said:
I think I would go as far as saying Travis Barker is a more creative drummer than Neil Peart, yeah. Peart has stamina and is a good drummer, but technically I wouldn't rate him above Travis.

Argue on Smilie

Not that technicality necessarily makes the best drummer. Even though the Professor Peart is the best drummer in my eye (not to mention a brilliant song writer) I'd probably prefer to watch Keith Moon tearing it up at Woodstock or the Isle of Wight Festival '71.

Travis is overrated.

Anyone remember the good old days of thegamesforum.net? MK WII FC : 4167-4622-3954

Angus said:
Yeah, Travis Barker is better than Neil Peart and Ferit Odman? So I guess Pete Wentz is better than Marcus Miller and Billy Sheehan?

Lets not get out of hand, shal we? Pete Wentz is a disgrace to humanity and it shames me to play the same instrument as him...although the bass he played when I saw him in scotland was gorgeous :.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.