RE5 XBL demo out today.

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Super Sonic said:
I hope that it comes out this Friday, because my membership ran out. I can't see why they had to bring it out for gold members to begin with. I can't wait till the full version comes out. The best thing ablout the demo is that it is online co-op. That is the first demo to have that feature.

Quite a few game demo's are released with co-op demo's.

Aki-T spilt the water.

That's one big-assed sig you've got there TaoFire.

Just an observation...

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I must say that it's one of the first demos I've played with it's multiplayer component intact, and definitely the first with online co-op.

out on psn what the hell have they done to this game

Don't you like it?

I downloaded it the other day and gave it a go. Went with Control Option A because it most resembled RE4's layout, and I've heard bad things about the new Options. Smilie

Gotta say, it has promise, the first demo level strongly resembled Resi4's village scene at the beginning, and the second felt more original and Resi0-esque. Haven't been able to try Co-op properly, but if it's as decent as Gears of Wars' is, then I'll be happy. Sheva (sp?) is a decent AI partner anyway, so I can't complain.

Probably will buy eventually, it can wait though. Smilie

I'm getting it when it comes out, I was really impressed. Mind you, I've been mostly playing it online, which seems to be what the game is tailored for. I like it offline as well, though. Me and my mate Ben will probably get it on day 1, and complete it together over XBL.

The screens on offline spilt screen co-op are too small.Smilie

You\'d think with more games having widescreen options that vertical split screen would have improved since them old days?

( Edited 02.02.2009 18:48 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Smilie i just wanted Res evil 4 in HD camera the wrost thing just feel like im fighting it the camera more

co-op add little and take away the feeling you on you own you know the horror part <_<

Jump_button said:
Smilie i just wanted Res evil 4 in HD camera the wrost thing just feel like im fighting it the camera more

Really? Personally, I found it to be almost identical to RE4 in terms of gameplay. I do actually just see it as a HD RE4, in most ways.

Jump_button said:
co-op add little and take away the feeling you on you own you know the horror part <_<

I know what you mean, but then you can't judge RE5 yet. You've only seen two levels. There may be creepier parts. Also, RE4 wasn't scary in the slightest, anyway.

SuperLink said:
You'd think with more games having widescreen options that vertical split screen would have improved since them old days?

Actually, the split screen appears to be 4:3 (standard ratio). When you've got your console set to widescreen, it merely pushes Chris' screen to the left a bit, and Sheva's screen to the right. You guys must understand that RE5 has very impressive graphics, and doing it split-screen is twice as difficult for the hardware. I think if we're sympathetic to these things, we can forgive the absence of the motion blur and the smaller screens, can we not? It's still playable.

it not the same as 4 its a lot like 4 but 5 somthing just off about it, all the AI is just same see as they more or less drop the living dead thing you think they know better then to line up and wait for you

i think its co-op all way right? Smilie res evil 6 best go back to horror this feel more like joke now

( Edited 02.02.2009 19:35 by Jump_button )

I'm 50/50 about being rooted to the spot when shooting. It's been a few years since RE4 and things have changed. Why don't they make the control system better and to balance the difficulty, make the enemies actually come to get you. At the moment, they'll run into your vicinity then begin to walk towards you. Peculiar...

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

To be honest, the only time Resident Evil was ever scary was with the GameCube remake of the original game. All the other Resident Evils are just ridiculous, to the point of being hilarious. I laughed my way through every single RE other than REmake. I don't see why the lack of 'horror' in RE4 and RE5 is really an issue. The only 'horror' in the other games was of the cheap slapstick variety.

I don\'t remember fighting with the camera at all, infact are you even given the option to fight with it?

Yeah RE4 was not scary most of the time, maybe with Ashly with those big knights but then you had no wepons so they where kind of gimmick portions of the game.
Regenerators where quite formidable and freaky foes though, i\'m guessing there probably have equivelent of those in this game.

( Edited 02.02.2009 20:18 by Mario_0 )

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

Looks visually v. impressive, considering it - but didn't seem at all freaky/scary from those two stages. Sure, it's setting the scene but the mood is v different from the PS/GC era.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I think the demo is great. I hated the controls but changed it to control type A and it was more like controlling RE4.

I don't understand why some people complain and say it's like playing RE4.5. It's got to be similar or it wouldn't be Resident Evil. And RE4 is a good benchmark to start with anyway.

I was really impressed with her the teamwork aspect works really well over XBL.

A lot of people have lost their hype since the demo came out, but I still reckon it's gonna be awesome Smilie
I play the demo a hell of a lot despite their only being two levels Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I played RE5 last night with Patrick (Lightmare on C3), and he commented on how the way your character moves about is quite a bit smoother in RE5. I couldn't remember, and had just been thinking that the movement of your character was identical to RE4, so I've just been playing some RE4 this morning to refresh my memory. It does indeed feel significantly clunkier than RE5. Leon controls like a tank compared to Chris. Chris and Sheva have been blessed with the ability to sidestep/strafe in RE5, and their general movement is noticeably smoother and more natural when directly compared to RE4. So you see, subtle little improvements all round.

I noticed the side strafing when I first played it, theres a setting too go back to the RE4 controles in the demo though, it felt weird i\'m not sure thats to do with the shape of the controller being diffrent to the gamecube controller though.
So i dunno where people are getting off saying the controles are out dated when infact they have improved them or at least given the option to be more flexible.

Side strafing is the only thing RE4 needed anyway.

( Edited 03.02.2009 10:21 by Mario_0 )

Yeah. I honestly didn't really notice the improvements until I went back and played RE4 this morning. I'd wager many who haven't played RE4 recently won't notice a difference in the movement of your character, either. It's quite subtle.

I'm guessing alot of people who moved straight from Xbox to the 360 probably havn't even played RE4 and have been influenced by Gears of War and are making unfair comparisons. Oh well their loss.

Is there a lot of people going about saying it sucks or something? I haven't really come across anyone saying that.

I've come across quite a few myself.

Most of them being on GameFAQs or /v/ though, and they hate everything, so go figure.

But it seems lots of people think not being able to move while shooting sucks.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.