Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS
Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 09:20
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Finally available due to popular demand and proper approval, I give you the newest forum game from Mongoose Co.: Who\'s the Dummy?

As I am too lazy to re-type the rules, i\'ll simply quote my official rule post I posted before

I have an idea for a forum game but am not sure if it would be allowed on this site.(EDIT: <-Disregard that) Basically, someone(EDIT: Me!) creates a new dummy user and posts on the game thread(EDIT: I will PM users until I find someone who wants to be the first dummy), that user can use the dummy user to post freely throguhout the site, make profile changes to the dummy, etc. However, back to the game thread, if anyone posts the controller\'s true user name(EDIT: On this thread), the controller must send a PM to the guesser\'s account containing the dummy\'s password. The guesser becomes the new controller, changes the dummy\'s password, and must post on the game thread(EDIT: Using the dummy, of course). Of course, no one really wants to keep the dummy user forever, so they will give hints as they please. I will act as an overseer and will keep track of whoever currently owns the dummy, who guessed correctly, the dummy\'s password, etc.

Good luck and happy hunting!

( Edited 01.03.2009 03:15 by PK Mongoose )

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Hello world! I'm Dummy! I'm sadly awaiting a good host, but i'm sure PK will find one soon! Smell ya later!

To err is human. To crash is Dummy.

So, I'm assuming that the Dummy will never openly state that they're the Dummy and that someone is right? Because if that happens, then everyone would know, right? So what's the plan here?

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

Keven said:
So, I'm assuming that the Dummy will never openly state that they're the Dummy and that someone is right? Because if that happens, then everyone would know, right? So what's the plan here?

A random member gets chosen, posts as the dummy, and by his posts you are to guess who is acting as the dummy. If you got it right, you can be the next dummy.

I think.

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Yes, I know, but won\'t they have to anounce who won? Therefore, everyone already know who the new Dummy is. I\'m trying to figure a way to get around that speed-bump.

( Edited 01.03.2009 08:14 by Keven )

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

Keven said:
Yes, I know, but won't they have to anounce who won? Therefore, everyone already know who the new Dummy is. I'm trying to figure a way to get around that speed-bump.

No, nobody really wins as far as I can understand,, The one that posted the right answer as to who the dummy is in this thread gets a PM from the current dummy with the password to the dummy-account. The one that gets the PM then knows he's right, and carries on to be the new dummy. Nobody except for the dummies themselves will know, I guess?

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

It sounds confusing, but fun, so if there's a sign up thingyjibymabob, then consider me signed upthingyjibymabob.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:
It sounds confusing, but fun, so if there's a sign up thingyjibymabob, then consider me signed upthingyjibymabob.

Likewise.

Senior ModeratorCubed3 Member

Ditto

Staff Member

Aye, I would also nominate myself for dummination.

Me too Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

ALRIGHTY THEN!

I have chosen a willing host and he/she will hopefully be posting soon!

And, just to clarify, the ex-controller and/or new controller may choose to post whether Dummy has been passed or not whenever they choose. This way, no one can simply guess among the last few guessers to guess who is the new controller. In other words, it's really up to the ex-controller and the new controller to work out how they can pass Dummy on as safely as possible.

This really rests on the hope that you guys will be mature enough to play the game fairly and within the boundaries as best as you possibly can.

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

'Ello everybody!

I'll be dropping more hints later. I'll let you to take shots in the dark for the moment Smilie

Crazy that I've already managed to get a star.

To err is human. To crash is Dummy.

Smilie Magic Dummy has posted twice and retained a post count of 0... Smilie
Ah, because game posts don\'t effect post count, silly me. Smilie

I\'m going to guess....Echoes221. For no apparent reason.

( Edited 01.03.2009 21:56 by Ikana )

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1453-7061
Senior ModeratorCubed3 Member

My guess is The Cheese.

I was gonna say The Cheese too, but the sig is a bit too big for what would usually be a minimalist approach from the cheese.

So I'll guess Keven! Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

This sounds fun.

I\'ll guess it\'s the head honcho himself, JB (quite a bit of alliteration there).

( Edited 01.03.2009 21:24 by TAG )

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

I'm guessing jb; the way the post is typed kind of gives it away.... if I'm right.....

So yeah, it's you jb.... I'm guessing.... Smilie

Staff Member

SuperLink said:
I was gonna say The Cheese too, but the sig is a bit too big for what would usually be a minimalist approach from the cheese.

Smilie

My guess is SuperLink.

Tis not me Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Staff Member

jb said:
Tis not me Smilie

He's bluffing guys. Smilie

It's not me either!...Or is it?...Smilie

good post idea but you need to tweek the rules a bit. theoretically the dummy can pass between the same two users. its unfair

Staff Member

MiiWiiKing said:
good post idea but you need to tweek the rules a bit. theoretically the dummy can pass between the same two users. its unfair

Yeh, and if you've been the dummy once you can easily track who's the dummy much later on.

The cheese. said:
MiiWiiKing said:

Yeh, and if you've been the dummy once you can easily track who's the dummy much later on.

how-so, they are only going to know the next person in the chain?

I guess TheStratMan. (I have a hunch)

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: What do you think of the Splatoon look and feel?
Looks great!
Looks good, want to see more.
Undecided, need to play it first
Don't like
Dislike! Needs more grey.
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is Zapp, awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move