The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DSi

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

So the new Zelda is called The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and it\'s for DSi. It has been announced by Iwata at GDC.

Apparently the main asspect of the gameplay (e.g an ocarina, wind waker, time travel etc.) will involve \"conducting a train\".

Need to say thanks to VG247 for providing a great live blog of Iwata\'s GDC speech.

( Edited 25.03.2009 17:23 by -orion456- )

Super Smash Bros code: 0903 4196 2445
Wii Address code: 5857 7795 0905 9367 [/img]

I hope it has an original graphical style, mainly. I do like WW's style but I don't want it to be over sea and cel shaded again, we need a break from that.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Cel shading works well with the DS limitations though so i'm sure they will keep it celshaded.
Dosn't sound like it's over water considering it's a train though.

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

It's the visual style from Wind Waker.

Parish:
New Zelda looks better than my description probably makes it sound. Looks like a fairly traditional Zelda portable game, with puzzle dungeons and Phantom Hourglass-style touch mechanics. The train basically works like the boat in PH, running along the overworld (presumably on a rail defined by players). Enemy control mechanics look pretty nice -- link distracted a big Zora with a controlled shadow guard, then snuck around to hit it from behind.

cant wait to see pics

Just as long as you don\'t have to keep going back to the same dungen over and over again I will be happy.

( Edited 25.03.2009 17:44 by Mario_0 )

Awww maan. Sounds like a PH clone :/ Wish they\'d do something more original for the DS, like an actual on foot overworld. Until then the DS titles will never have a scrape on Minish Cap or especially Oracle games.

( Edited 25.03.2009 17:46 by SuperLink )

Image for

Image for
Image for

Smilie

( Edited 25.03.2009 18:00 by Jump_button )

I agree, a massive overworld, especially one where u need some sort of vehilce, doesn\'t neccesarily make a great zelda game. In fact i would go as far as to say that that\'s what u don\'t want in a portable game. An example would be gta:cw, where the cars are generally a bit faster compared to gta4, where driving from one island to another will take 1.30-2.00 minutes, as opposed to about 4.00 minutes respectively.

[after seeing pics above]
*facepalm*
it is a PH clone *sigh*

( Edited 25.03.2009 18:01 by -orion456- )

At least it's not on the Great Sea again... I'm looking forward to a good cast of characters and references to other Zelda titles.

Flagship should do another Zelda...

who r flagship?

i wonder what the point of that train is, as opposed to say... a horse.

( Edited 25.03.2009 18:08 by -orion456- )

pics

( Edited 25.03.2009 18:11 by spursboy94 )

apparently link can create and controll enemies. there's something nice and new.

Smilie

Wait a minute...a train!??? Is this for real? What the hell are they doing!?

Zelda is supposed to be with bow and arrow and sword fighting. Trains came into use around the mid-19th century or so?

Other then that, I have no complaints about another Zelda being made. Smilie

I might pick up the inevitable gold DSi when this comes out.

Looks pretty good but a train? XD guess it would be like having the boat in wind waker.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Well they had a steamboat in the last game so steam engines must have existed, also it's a fantasy world that is not real Smilie

I just hope the travelling to the same dungen aspect has been removed.

The cheese. said:
Wait a minute...a train!??? Is this for real? What the hell are they doing!?

Zelda is supposed to be with bow and arrow and sword fighting. Trains came into use around the mid-19th century or so?

Phantom Hourglass had a steam powered boat.

Pasted from news comments:

\"What\'s with all the PH hate? Jacob\'s spot-on - it\'s Zelda in great handheld form. The difficulty and length were perfectly judged in the context of the hardware, as were the controls. If you want more variety and challenge then that\'s what the home console versions are for (although I wouldnt say any of them are gruellingly difficult). PH was tailored for the DS and the short-bursts of playtime that usually accompany it.

This will probably be just as good, although the veil of the train to compensate for large navigable spaces doesn\'t work as well as the boat did (mainly because you can see all the low-poly land you\'re not exploring).

This will no doubt be workmanlikely brilliant. Crap name though.\"

Why are people moaning already? Of course it\'s a \'PH clone\'. Everyone knew it was going to be after PH\'s producer said they planned on reusing the engine. It\'s an invalid argument unless you sighed and moaned when Oracles or Minish Cap turned out to be Link\'s Awakening clones.

-orion456- said:
i wonder what the point of that train is, as opposed to say... a horse.

Train is completely controllable in 3D. With a horse they\'d have to give you control, and open 3D areas would look pretty ropey on DS.

( Edited 25.03.2009 19:39 by dartmonkey )

Less posty, more gamey.

Mario_0 said:
Well they had a steamboat in the last game so steam engines must have existed, also it's a fantasy world that is not real Smilie

I just hope the travelling to the same dungen aspect has been removed.

...fantasy? Smilie
I never really thought about the steam boat in PH before. Here's hoping there will be at least one boss that takes place on the train, possibly against a huge dragon. Now that would be awesome.

And yeh, a train is much more restrictive then a horse. You can ride a horse to anywhere, but with a train you can only go to a train station.

If there aren't horse-riding train robbers I'm going to be very upset.

Hell, I'm upset already.Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.