Persona 4 (Official Topic)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Staff Edit: Seeing as how most people here have played more than just 4 in the Persona series, and it is branching out into Anime and the Fighting game genre I feel this thread should encompass the entire Shin Megami Tensai sub-series itself. Hope you don't mind Mage! - Phoenom.

Since more than 1 person now has the game, time to discuss and talk about it.

Image for
Image for
Image for

( Edited 25.06.2014 11:03 by Azuardo )

Awww...Beat me to the punch!Smilie

But yes, it is fun. I haven't beaten it yet, but it is fun! A good sequel to P3 indeed!

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

*blows up* Ah. I was getting really tempted to start going on 4Chan again just to talk about it since hardly anyone on here has it Smilie

First thing I need to say is, anyone who has a PS2 who\'s ever liked a JRPG should definitely get it, especially if you like a good story in games. That means you Ace Attorney fans!

I love this game way too much. Since I started going to college, I have only wanted to play 3 games in the morning before college. The first was Mario Galaxy, which I played every waking moment, then Sonic Unleashed, which I quickly tried as soon as I got back from GAME first thing in the morning, and now this, which I play whenever I\'m at home and there\'s noone on the PS2.

Characters are awesome, all of them very likable in some way, although I\'m not sure about Naoto yet.

Spoilers for anyone who hasn\'t finished the 3rd dungeon, otherwise read on:

Also can\'t wait for New Game +! I\'m gonna keep playing this for weeks even after I finish it.

EDIT: Musn\'t forget to post random P4 art.

Image for

( Edited 31.03.2009 23:27 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:

First thing I need to say is, anyone who has a PS2 who's ever liked a JRPG should definitely get it, especially if you like a good story in games. That means you Ace Attorney fans!

What if you haven't played Persona 1-3?

Doesn\'t matter, as neither have I.

If the gameplay\'s any similar though I\'m definitely gonna look for the P3 re-release!

( Edited 31.03.2009 23:28 by SuperLink )

MY TIPS:

If you re-visit the dungeons\' last rooms after you beat them, you can get a new weapon!

Remember, you can directly command your party if you change their tactics!

There\'s more to life then dungeon-crawling!

P3 is for PS2, P2 has been re-sold on Amazon for PS1, P1 is on PSP!

( Edited 31.03.2009 23:30 by PK Mongoose )

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

PK Mongoose said:
P3 is for PS2, P2 has been re-sold on Amazon for PS1, P1 is on PSP!

P2 was never released in Europe so people who want it will need SwapMagic.

When's P1 coming out on PSP?

As for the hints, been there done that Smilie Already got the best weapons from the first 2 dungeons

Awesome, I'll look out for it then. ^_^

Probably the worst thing about the game that some people may hate (because they've been known to in the past) is the huge amount of cutscenes before the game really starts.

Personally I love cutscenes (I love Ace Attorney, pretty much an interactive book/cutscene) so it didn't bother me, but a heads up for people who get annoyed at that kind of thing; the story is awesome and the gameplay is worth it.

Well i've played all of the Persona games so far, and Persona 3 was really good, but not as good as this one. Look for Persona 3 and Persona 3:FES (which occurs one year after 3) more messed up than P4 as they shoot themselves in the head to summon personas, but its still good.

I've just finished the 3rd Dungeon as well, now working on the Old school dungeon, around level 8. I love how arkward some of the things in these games are. Has anyone done the Devil S.Link yet?

Random art:

Image for

TRAILERAGE!

Well, its the second opening(a bit spoiler-ish), but it makes a better trailer than Atlus USA\'s official trailer!

See what I mean?

And you only need FES to experience P3 since it has an updated version of P3 pre-installed.

And mage, what you really mean is that you\'ve played all the ones for the PS2, right?

( Edited 01.04.2009 00:01 by PK Mongoose )

I always thought Persona 3:FES was like a remake of Persona 3. Smilie If I get that instead of 3 will I be missing out?

FES just has a few minor additions. Nothing\'s really taken away from the original, so you won\'t be missing out, unless you want the soundtrack and the art book.

RANDOM FACT: I haven\'t played P4 in about 3 months.

ANOTHER RANDOM FACT: I\'ve been playing its distant cousin Devil Summoner for a few days.

( Edited 01.04.2009 01:51 by PK Mongoose )

PK Mongoose said:
RANDOM FACT: I haven't played P4 in about 3 months.

How come? How many times have you played it through so far? Smilie

Is it worth checking out the rest of the SMT series? There are art and music similarities with Trauma Center aswell so maybe TC is an SMT game too Smilie

Or maybe FAtlus just have no imagination. Only kidding Smilie

SuperLink said:
PK Mongoose said:

Is it worth checking out the rest of the SMT series? There are art and music similarities with Trauma Center aswell so maybe TC is an SMT game too Smilie

Or maybe FAtlus just have no imagination. Only kidding Smilie

Worth checking out every SMT game, as PK mentioned Devil Summoner is really good and if i'm not mistaken DS2 just came out in Japan so expect November translate in America for that one. Nocturne is marvelous and is the Digital Devil Saga games (currently two avaliable)

PK Mongoose said:
And mage, what you really mean is that you've played all the ones for the PS2, right?

Nah i've got P1 and P2 on PS1, NA versions like Crono Cross and FF Tactics. I've got two PS1's a PAL coded one and NTSC for RPG's, same as i used to have an NTSC PS2 for games like xenogears, which are so rare in australia its too hard to find.

My NTSC PS1 kinda gained dust though after Chrono Cross and FF tactics were released as anthology or watever it was back in 2000 over here, haven't played them since.

Persona 1 was really good for the time it was made, hopefully the PSP remake adds some of the evolving gameplay resolutions. It did have some cool aspects about it though, there were no unstory focused social links per se, it was more gain respect with a certain character and they'll join your team if i remember correctly. Theres was like 8 or seomthing, 3 mains that were all accessible, and 5 others that would cancel each other out depending on friendship level.

So long ago i forget now, but if i find the old PS1 i'll post some pics up of P1, P2, chrono cross and the NTSC tactics game. Such sweet looking covers *nostalia wave rushed over*

RANDOM ART:

Image for

Image for

I bought Persona 3fes and 4 about a month ago for about £30. I going to play them as soon as I finish my coursework; they're on my shelf still in the plastic flim. That makes 4 people on this site who own it.

SuperLink said:
PK Mongoose said:

0, 1/5 of the time I spend on it is spent on getting specific moves transferred through fusion. However, i've played through P3 1.5 times. Sadly, I haven't gotten to "The Answer" yet(Since I lost my damm game case!).

And yes, Devil Summoner is quite fun. You could say its like a real-time action-fighter RPG with a fusion system and some investigation included(more than P4, that's for sure).

And, hopefully, I can scraggle my way into getting a PSP!

On P4 I just unlocked the 4th dungeon and beat the extra boss in the 3rd dungeon.

( Edited 01.04.2009 22:25 by SuperLink )

You make a good point...But there\'s a few things...

( Edited 01.04.2009 22:45 by PK Mongoose )

PK Mongoose said:
SuperLink said:
PK Mongoose said:

0, 1/5 of the time I spend on it is spent on getting specific moves transferred through fusion. However, i've played through P3 1.5 times. Sadly, I haven't gotten to "The Answer" yet(Since I lost my damm game case!).

And yes, Devil Summoner is quite fun. You could say its like a real-time action-fighter RPG with a fusion system and some investigation included(more than P4, that's for sure).

And, hopefully, I can scraggle my way into getting a PSP!

ARGHH i hate fusion ability inheritance, can get annoying after a while.

I might get it this weekend considering it's only £10 on amazon.

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

Mario_0 said:
I might get it this weekend considering it's only £10 on amazon.

Bargain of the century

It's also only £10 on Play. Selling a new game better than most of 7th gen so far for this cheap should be criminal!

I've ordered it and my decision was based solely on the praise it's receiving on here. Smilie

Why did they keep it as Persona 3 and Persona 4 when the first ones haven't even been released here? Really bugs me when they do that. Smilie

wAyNe - sTaRT said:
Why did they keep it as Persona 3 and Persona 4 when the first ones haven't even been released here? Really bugs me when they do that. Smilie

Don't want to repeat what happened to Final Fantasy?

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.