Gamespot All Time Greatest Game Hero

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Gigantorama said:
And let's be honest, a great deal of Nintendo fans aren't the type to even care to vote for such a thing, but PC people are exactly the type of dudes to mass vote a trivial thing like this.

And why? Because PC fans are always on their PC and, therefore, the internet. Who honestly uses their Wii to access the internet anyways?

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Gigantorama said:If you had logged onto Steam (the PC game distribution service and playing hub) you would've seen that Valve made an appeal in the form of a pop-up every time. You can't miss it.
ahaha so it was like a massive corporation vs a few fans...mario stood no chance. That's a bit cheeky of valve....

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

Manny Calavera lost to fucking Dante? That white haired pretty boy lost to the Grim Reaper?

The fuck internet?

Guest 18.10.2009#29

Why is this contest held every year? An all time greatest game hero is for all time, if multiple characters win the contest the whole idea loses all it's fucking meaning! Smilie

Hitler was 'an hero'. Probably the greatest an hero of all time, in my book.

Martin_ said:

Yeah thanks to that we're probably better off.

And let's be honest, a great deal of Nintendo fans aren't the type to even care to vote for such a thing, but PC people are exactly the type of dudes to mass vote a trivial thing like this.

Are you serial? Where have you been for the last bazillion GameFAQs character battles?
This is like the first time in years that Link or Mario haven't come first place in a popularity contest!

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:
Martin_ said:

Yeah thanks to that we're probably better off.

Are you serial? Where have you been for the last bazillion GameFAQs character battles?
This is like the first time in years that Link or Mario haven't come first place in a popularity contest!

That's true, but as I said before, Valve made a pop-up appeal every time you logged onto Steam. That's a lot of votes right there. But honestly, when you think about it, GameSpot doesn't really have the reputation of being all that Ninteno friendly. I mean, some of us are still burned by Gertsmann's 8.8 for Twilight Princess! A great deal of the Nintendo people I know don't visit gaming websites all that regularly.

I dunno, Gerstmann\'s score seemed ridiculous at the time, but right now I wouldn\'t say 8.8 is that far off to what I would give it (a 9 and not much higher, maybe lower)

I\'m too busy being constantly trolled by IGN to pay any attention to GS.

( Edited 19.10.2009 18:15 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Tbh, I voted Gordan and I've only played Orange Box on the PS3 (keyboard&mouse shooters do me in, I grew up with a ps controller in hand Smilie )

He's just a badass motherfucker, he has the gravity gun, the most genius of inventions at his disposal, a crowbar, that pwns zombie face, a sniper crossbow that pins people to walls, and a swarm of killer bugs.

Oh and he fights aliens occupying earth.

How the hell is he NOT better than mario?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.