Pokémon Black & White Versions Discussion [DS]

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Pokémon Black & White (Nintendo DS), news, the latest pictures and videos!

SuperLink said:
Cheesing it up said:
I thought there were areas in the game you could visit after defeating the elite 4 (or equivalent, if there is no elite 4) to catch older pokemon as well?

There are, I caught a wild Vespiquen and a wild Metang, pretty insane stuff. Levels of Wild Pokémon range to almost 70 in some areas.

Being able to send any Pokémon from 4th (and therefore 3rd) Gen up to B/W should make the Dex pretty easy to finish between these two versions alone. In the past fans have had to wait for new releases before being able to complete it.

And, you find a couple of stones throughout the game too, as per usual.

Being able to buy them in Black City is actually more generous than Gens 2 and 3.

I meant, people with the Black version, there might be hardly anyone generous enough to trade a Pokemon holding a stone, for others. especially for an insane trade, at that.

I just had an Idea.

Can we make a forum, for a group of people, With any of the two, Black or white version. to be able to trade between the two.

Have the group of people, that choose to be in it, with White version, Catch Pokemon from the past Generations (in white forest) that anyone requests. The White Version group, can take the offer, for a Pokemon he doesn't have or just to help someone else, his/her choice.

Then the group of people with Black version, does the same but for the evolutionary stones, by giving the stone To a Pokemon they trade, Their choice of who the equip it to, and their choice for what pokemon.

May we make an official Thread for that?

( Edited 16.02.2011 05:11 by Wolvesgod )

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Wolvesgod said:
I meant, people with the Black version, there might be hardly anyone generous enough to trade a Pokemon holding a stone, for others. especially for an insane trade, at that.

There were tons of generous traders in Gen4. I mean I got legit Shinies through trades, and there were people giving away things like Lucky Eggs and stuff. I'm sure if you go on Serebii then it won't be all that hard to find what you're looking for.

Either way I'm not sure yet what we should do forum-wise, the WiFi parts of the site haven't been working properly for ages now, so if that doesn't get fixed before release and I can't make a new thread in the WiFi Board, I'll make one here I guess.

However as always it'll just be one thread for B/W trading. I'm also not sure whether or not people should just use the old threads for it.

Idk will think about it and ask the other mods.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I was thinking, it can even be fun. Smilie like a Cliental, kind of thing. with missions, and just make the game, that more fun. It can bring more people to Cubed3 if people can make thous forum tags, Like you have where it says SuperLink on the left and Yamuber2 on the right.

Where it can have:

White: Show the white forest, with the player in-game name, and friend code. with "White Forest Team" or whatever the name will be.

Black: same thing, but with the Black City, and it can say selling rare items. yadda yadda yadda, whatever the people with the Black forest.

( Edited 16.02.2011 16:53 by Wolvesgod )

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Which version should I get ahhaha.. tough choice :-(

bruce1289 said:
Which version should I get ahhaha.. tough choice :-(

It will be tough, but you can look at what each game has to offer, for what pokemon are exclusive or what items are exclusive.

tyty (guest) 18.02.2011#381

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie uuuummmmm

Can someone quickly explain the difference between the forest and the city? Does the forest have pokemon from past gens whereas the city has trainers/items to collect? Or is that not what's going on? I'm a bit confuzzled.

Cheesing it up said:
Can someone quickly explain the difference between the forest and the city? Does the forest have pokemon from past gens whereas the city has trainers/items to collect? Or is that not what's going on? I'm a bit confuzzled.

Yes, that is exactly, what it is.

White forest, has All pokemon, from past gens, but Black city, is pretty much all trainers, and rare items to buy.

I'm going with White for Braviary, if you go for Black version, for the evolutionary stones, I'll catch you past generation Pokemon, for evolutionary stones.

( Edited 22.02.2011 01:18 by Wolvesgod )

Right bitches let's get some postings going on in here. Where's everyone at? How are you enjoying it? And if you haven't gotten it yet, why? (jk)

I got mine yesterday as some of you know, I'm making my way to the 3rd Gym.

I got White yesterday and chose Oshawott. Smilie

Only got the 1st badge so far and my Oshawott has evolved into Dewott.

Loving what I've played so far and the game looks amazing. My only problem is that they've taken several steps back with the touch screen integration when compared to HG/SS. I could play HG/SS with just the d-pad and touch screen, but now were forced back to diamond and pearl levels like HG/SS never happened and the top screen get's the menu options etc. Why can't we even set run as automatic?

Still, great start minus the shoddy lack of touch screen integration. Smilie

Ifrit XXII said:
My only problem is that they've taken several steps back with the touch screen integration when compared to HG/SS. I could play HG/SS with just the d-pad and touch screen, but now were forced back to diamond and pearl levels like HG/SS never happened and the top screen get's the menu options etc. Why can't we even set run as automatic?

Still, great start minus the shoddy lack of touch screen integration. Smilie

I'm not sure where you're finding that. The only problem is that the menu isn't on the bottom screen all the time, and this is in favour of the C-Gear. Once you open up the menu though, you can do anything with the touch screen, and using the select button on the touch screen instead of A was never really necessary. The box functions are also better than in HG/SS.

I agree about the Running Shoes though, I'm not sure why that feature was removed.

I also got mine yesterday and I've put in nearly 6 hours so far.

I've not even done the second gym yet and I'm taking it slow and levelling up my pokémon. Overall though, it's really great and has a freshness to it, especially seeing animations in battles and all the new pokémon.

It's a shame they've taken steps backwards again though. No pokémon following you and also the auto-run feature from HG/SS has gone.

My party:

Blitzle - Lv.18
Dewott - Lv. 19
Pansear - Lv. 14
Sawk - Lv. 16
Herdier - Lv. 17
Pidove - Lv. 8

( Edited 04.03.2011 17:58 by Marzy )

Hello!

I have recently created a dedicated Pokemon Community for the new Black and White Pokemon versions! Here you can discuss tips/tricks/strategies, and so much more! Meet people from all around the world and create new friends.

Register to our site today and let's talk Pokemon!

-PokeFreaK

Mod Edit: No advertising thanks.

( Edited 04.03.2011 17:59 by SuperLink )

Marzy said:
It's a shame they've taken steps backwards again though. No pokémon following you and also the auto-run feature from HG/SS has gone.

My guess is the following Pokémon feature was purposefully omitted as a salepoint for the third version.

Which apparently isn't happening afterall.

The auto-run feature isn't such a big deal to me, though it's something others have brought up, who used it in HG/SS.

I actually prefer to hold B down to run.

I definitely would have loved it if your Pokémon followed you though.

Yeah, I would've loved it if Woobat flapped around after me...

Not reading too much of this topic, as I've been on media blackout for the last six months or so and have gone into White almost totally blind. Just reached the second main town, not explored it yet. Really enjoying it, actually like a bunch of the new Pokémon I've seen so far. Pansage and Woobat are my favourites at the mo!

I haven't got the game yet, but I will be getting White version soon. I've also had a sort of media blackout on this, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game

Oh yeah, this was just on IGN.

EDIT: Just changing the embed into this link - it was cutting off the rest of the page and I can't work out why! - Mason

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/03/04/pokemon-black-and-white-theme-song

( Edited 04.03.2011 22:39 by Mason )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

*shakes fist at Europeans who get the game 2 days before me* Smilie

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

I'll be picking this up tomorrow!
Although I still haven't decided...black or white!? Smilie

Cheesing it up said:
I'll be picking this up tomorrow!
Although I still haven't decided...black or white!? Smilie

Black Version:
- Reshiram, Gothita, Cottonee, Vullaby, and others
- More Rotation Battles, less Triple Battles
- final City is futuristic, Gym Leader is the mayor.
- Black City, rare items can be bought and strong trainers can be fought.

White Version:
- Zekrom, Solosis, Petilil, Rufflet, and others
- More Triple Battles, less Rotation Battles
- final City is ancient looking, Gym Leader is a little girl.
- White Forest, rarer Pokémon from previous Gens can be caught there.

Those are the main version differences~

I just thought, if they were to make a grey version, wouldn't it involve something like Unova being in two alternate dimensions with you eventually being able to pass though both of the last cities and black city and White Forest. I think that would be cool.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I went to the shop still not knowing which one I was going to get. :s I ended up with *checks game just to make sure* White though.

And I chose the fire starter, twisted fire starter.

Stulaw said:
I just thought, if they were to make a grey version, wouldn't it involve something like Unova being in two alternate dimensions with you eventually being able to pass though both of the last cities and black city and White Forest. I think that would be cool.

I dunno they'd probably find some way to make it work out, perhaps it'd be a third new location with all the things that the others had.

Just curious, if I was to pick up a new Pokemon game for the first time since Yellow version, should I get Heartgold/Soulsilver or start totally new with Black and White?

Jacob4000 said:
Just curious, if I was to pick up a new Pokemon game for the first time since Yellow version, should I get Heartgold/Soulsilver or start totally new with Black and White?

HG/SS have aged game mechanics and the difficulty is all over the place, definitely start with Platinum or B/W.

B/W is the best way to see how much things have changed despite lacking a couple of features HG/SS had (only being Pokémon following you and total touch control that is)

Comment on Pokémon Black & White (Nintendo DS)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Game Freak

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Turn Based RPG

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (54 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Insanoflex

There are 2 members online at the moment.