3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Wolvesgod said:
Bring Alpha and Omega, to the 3DS. I like that movie, it's so cute, and there's adorable moments. Smilie

I can't wait till 3DS comes out. hurry more and more, about 3D I want to see, how the Conduit will look in 3D, and even be able to walk by something, and have the product pop out at you.

I think the steel diver looks fun, I saw the video or picture, where you use the Gyroscope, for the one thing the captain will look through.

I think it's pretty sad, that people only take out the bad moments, in a interview. i really just saw a fair-Fan of something having fun with someone in the company. I didn't see any signs of annoyance nor hatred/

To me it clearly looked like he was getting on Reggie's nerves big time with some of his questions. Smilie

ToysRus are selling the 3DS for �£196.99 in store and online. That's pretty cheap. It pisses me off though that Nintendo hasn't set a price for it Europe. Loads of retailers are trying to screw people over with their �£200+ price tags.

L said:
ToysRus are selling the 3DS for ��£196.99 in store and online. That's pretty cheap. It pisses me off though that Nintendo hasn't set a price for it Europe. Loads of retailers are trying to screw people over with their ��£200+ price tags.

Once one lowers it, they'll all be at it or at least try to sweeten the deal. Sainsbury's have lowered from �£220 to �£200, whilst Curry's are �£220, but with �£75 of vouchjers (which may be worthless as it it is not specified what they are actually for)

SirLink said:
Wolvesgod said:
Bring Alpha and Omega, to the 3DS. I like that movie, it's so cute, and there's adorable moments. Smilie

I can't wait till 3DS comes out. hurry more and more, about 3D I want to see, how the Conduit will look in 3D, and even be able to walk by something, and have the product pop out at you.

I think the steel diver looks fun, I saw the video or picture, where you use the Gyroscope, for the one thing the captain will look through.

I think it's pretty sad, that people only take out the bad moments, in a interview. i really just saw a fair-Fan of something having fun with someone in the company. I didn't see any signs of annoyance nor hatred/

To me it clearly looked like he was getting on Reggie's nerves big time with some of his questions. Smilie

I can see what you are saying, but it might've been kinda like if you took your kid to work with you, and they ask you what's this for? what's this for? oooooo What does this do?

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Wolvesgod said:

I can see what you are saying, but it might've been kinda like if you took your kid to work with you, and they ask you what's this for? what's this for? oooooo What does this do?

Well, it seemed to me that the guy asked some questions knowing that he wouldn't get an answer and that's what seemed to annoy Reggie the most. Smilie I'd be annoyed in his position too.

I praise Reggie for not getting angry, Geoff has to be one of the most annoying journalists I've seen, even some of the BBC journalists aren't that bad.

I think the 3DS has a good launch line up, and with more games being confirmed in development, owning it will soon be a choice of what not to get, rather than what to get.

Not sure if I'll pre-order it just yet though, I don't think any of the launch titles are my type of game.

( Edited 11.02.2011 21:34 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

A montage of Japanese 3DS adverts.

The AR Games look really great.

( Edited 23.02.2011 00:16 by Marzy )

Wow that AR with the Mii, looks awesome. I will have fun with that alone, and harass my sister and everyone. imagin show a friend, who doesn't know about the tech and you put your Mii on their shoulders.

and even show them you Mii walking on the table. that's awesome. Now all we need is a Pokemon AR game, where we can see them in action.

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

How many times. YUGIOH!

Marzy, those ads are surprisingly honest! In the first one, you can see that the AR effect is very good, but not perfect- the augmented elements float slightly.

Do you think they will make the ads more like the old Wii ones with the cute Japanese girls?

I played the 3DS at GAME, it's frigging awesome. All GAME stores have them now so go down to your local store and try it.

L said:
I played the 3DS at GAME, it's frigging awesome. All GAME stores have them now so go down to your local store and try it.
You sure it's all GAME stores? When I went down a week or so ago, they said they'll get one around March time..

Mush123 said:
You sure it's all GAME stores? When I went down a week or so ago, they said they'll get one around March time..

I'm not sure if it's all stores but there's no harm in checking right? Playing the 3DS just made me want it even more. It made my hype level ascend to the next level.

Also the 3DS box is a lot smaller than it looks in pictures and Dead or Alive is a launch game.

L said:
Mush123 said:

I'm not sure if it's all stores but there's no harm in checking right? Playing the 3DS just made me want it even more. It made my hype level ascend to the next level.

Also the 3DS box is a lot smaller than it looks in pictures and Dead or Alive is a launch game.

Alright, I'll go down in a couple of days or something. Smilie

Just thought I'd ask, would you guys prefer a separate thread to post your 3DS system codes in, or should I modify this one? I wouldn't mind keeping the new thread updated with a code-and-games-owned-by person list. Smilie

Phoenixus said:
Just thought I'd ask, would you guys prefer a separate thread to post your 3DS system codes in, or should I modify this one? I wouldn't mind keeping the new thread updated with a code-and-games-owned-by person list. Smilie
New one. I'd be happy to share mah code.

Mush123 said:
New one. I'd be happy to share mah code.

Think a new one would be better too to keep things well-arranged. That and I'm sure that there'll be lots of random 3DS stuff to post about in this thread, so why not have a new one for the codes alone. Smilie

As a future suggestion, JB could implement a 3DS code section in user profiles (like the current Wii Code one). Smilie

Gonna be so good to finally just have one code to share, gonna make things so much more simple.

Alright then, I'll make the thread just before the EU March 25th release date. Smilie

(I doubt it, but if anyone here is importing a Japanese unit next week then let me know and I'll create it early. Smilie)

I played the 3DS again today and it was even better than last time. The 3D screen doesn't feel like a gimmick at all. It works really well. Also the motion controls and touch screen are really responsive. It's a lot more comfortable to use than the other DS models and the blue 3DS looks so much better in person, it's so slick. I'm not sure if I want the black one any more. XD The circle pad is really comfortable and the D-Pad is better too. It's like everything on the previous DS models have been fine tuned to perfection. Hype level now is 9001.

L said:
I played the 3DS again today and it was even better than last time. The 3D screen doesn't feel like a gimmick at all. It works really well. Also the motion controls and touch screen are really responsive. It's a lot more comfortable to use than the other DS models and the blue 3DS looks so much better in person, it's so slick. I'm not sure if I want the black one any more. XD The circle pad is really comfortable and the D-Pad is better too. It's like everything on the previous DS models have been fine tuned to perfection. Hype level now is 9001.

Reading this just made me even more excited, if that was even possible. I'm very likely the only guy here who has NEVER watched anything in 3D before. No 3D movie because I stopped going to the cinema years ago, obviously I have no 3D TV and I never go to big eletronic stores to test all sorts of stuff just for the fun of it, so no there either. So yea, I have pretty much no clue whatsoever how it's going to look like. Smilie I'm probably going to be blown away and won't believe what I just saw. Smilie

Don't worry Link, you're not the only one who hasn't witnessed 3D in motion before! So I'm looking forward to what it will be like on the 3DS too, although I don't think I'll be purchasing one as soon as it comes out. I may wait for Zelda or some more first party titles come out first.

You aren't missing much not having seen 3D at the cinema, doesn't really add much to be perfectly honest.

I can imagine it being a bit better for games though.

Hideki Konno has revealed 3D wasn't always on the cards for the DS successor, speaking in a interview with Famitsu, the Nintendogs +Cats designer revealed the following:

(translation courtesy of Andriasang)

Konno was first spoken to about the 3DS project by Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata around the end of development of Mario Kart Wii as he started to work on Nintendo DSi Sound, the DSi's built in sound program (this was in early 2008). The two said to Konno, "We're making this kind of thing," as they showed him a new hardware which would be one of the devices that lead to the 3DS.

At Nintendo, the hardware and software development teams work in the same building and have always valued having a close relationship. However, they never had someone in charge of software enter the development area of the hardware. With the 3DS, however, Miyamoto and Iwata wanted an even closer relationship between the two sides. Konno is from the software side. 3DS represented his first time working on hardware development.

Planning for the successor to the DS began when the original DS was completed, so by the time Konno joined the project, they already had prototypes which would serve as the basis for the 3DS. Konno gave his opinion as a software developer.

Famitsu asked Konno what he kept in mind when creating the follow up to the system that serves as Nintendo's representative platform, the DS. The initial target that was in place for creating the DS successor was to make a new system that was backwards compatible. This meant that certain design choices had to be kept in place -- things like having two screens and the bottom screen being a touch panel. Because of this, Konno placed his focus on features that were added later, including 3D.

That's right, the 3DS didn't have 3D planned as one of its initial features. This was true when Konno joined the development team back in 2008. It wasn't until after 2008 that they considered using 3D in games once again (Nintendo had previously experimented with 3D through Virtual Boy and 1988 Famicom Disk racer 3D Hot Rally).

To initially test out 3D, Konno asked the hardware development team to connect a 3D LCD panel to a Wii system so that he could see if Wii software could be made into 3D. He found playing Mario Kart Wii on a naked-eye 3D panel to be very nice. Various related parties gathered to see this demo and were impressed. These early demonstrations also consisted of 3D figures of Mario and Luigi, which also impressed viewers.

Elsewhere in the interview, Konno revealed that the system's gyro sensor, which is used heavily as an optional camera control and aiming method in many games, was added particularly late into development. They didn't decide upon including it until before last year's E3. This was actually after the specs had been finalized, meaning adding the gyro sensor would be difficult. However, Miyamoto said such things as "it feels like it's missing something," and "if there were a gyro sensor, the play could change greatly."

Konno also commented on the system's unique 3D Volume control. The volume control went through numerous ideas before the slider control was decided upon. Among the ideas was plus and minus buttons and options settings at the software level. That 3D Mario Kart Wii demo is what lead to the final slider form. They tested out the Mario Kart demo with an analogue volume switch and found the feel of the game world changing in real time to be unique.

Interesting stuff.

Just pre-order a Cosmos Black 3DS with a copy of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - for 230 at Amazon UK.

Super Street 3D Japanese Site:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/3DS/trailer.html

( Edited 23.02.2011 19:01 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.