3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Glad to see the 3ds is getting so much praise everywhere. Can't wait for next Friday, 3DS and Dissidia 012!

( Edited 16.03.2011 18:02 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Also, just to add in that Amazon are now matching Morrisons price at �£187.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

It's very tempting a that price, but with there being no launch games that I'm interested in, I think it'd be best to just wait. I just got Golden Sun DS and, along with Pokemon White, I'll have enough to keep me busy till the good games get released. Smilie

I'm not gonna spen almost �£200 on something when it may be months before a game I want is out. Smilie Release Metal Gear Solid soon and I may just be sold. Smilie

Looks like I'm joining the party now. Smilie

Will make that C3 3DS Friend Code thread a week from now. Smilie

Love the conversions.First Ross now you Shane Smilie Good man Smilie

I am right now a happy man, because of this;

Image for

THANK FUCK. I despise those fat DS cases.

( Edited 16.03.2011 20:40 by Phoenixus )

Didn't mind the fat cases for the ds games. They were much better then thin american ones, which were really awkward xD
Although these new slimmer cases look nicer Smilie

Smilie Review Copy? Shweet! I'm going to get Samurai Warriors, I've had a look into it and it seems a lot better than 3 from what I can tell.

Oh, A word about DS games on the 3DS, apparently its not very good :/. If its full screen on the bottom but text/edges appear blurry. When you do it native, you can see everything properly its just very small and the touch screen gets letter boxed. I'll see if I can find the video with it in.

I can't find the youtube link, but here is something similar from 1UP!.com

EDIT: You're kidding right LK? the Japanese cases where by far better than our EU ones. Too much unnecessary bulk.

( Edited 16.03.2011 21:01 by Echoes221 )

LKR000 said:
Didn't mind the fat cases for the ds games. They were much better then thin american ones, which were really awkward xD
Although these new slimmer cases look nicer Smilie

Me neither and I liked the fact that they were see through and had that little green mark in the corner. XD

Anyways here's footage of the first FPS on the 3DS:

Not too keen on the Conduit though, the first one was poop.Smilie

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Echoes221 said:
EDIT: You're kidding right LK? the Japanese cases where by far better than our EU ones. Too much unnecessary bulk.

I hated those black cases. To me they were sometimes really awkward to open xD

From what I've seen about DS games on the 3DS, I don't see the problem. I was happy to play original GB games on the GBA in their native format with the black edges on either side. It didn't bother me one bit. Even now, with certain PS2 games, I change the aspect ratio to 4:3 because some games look like piss in widescreen. And even if DS games do become slightly blurred if you stretch them to fit the 3DS, it won't render them unplayable. I've seen people saying they run perfectly fine, and no problems.

This is just like playing GB games on GBA. I expected the same here, and see no problem.

Amazon UK are doing a 187 bundle:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_159253847_3&docId=1000489893

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

I much preferred the JP box art and the US spines, because the UK ones are boring and fat.

8 days to go Smilie

That AR shit is so fucking cool.

( Edited 17.03.2011 09:29 by Amethyst )

SINCE 06

I still haven;t decided what games to get with mine. Probably Street Fighter, but I don't know what else.

Whats everyone else getting?

Lrrr said:
I still haven;t decided what games to get with mine. Probably Street Fighter, but I don't know what else.

What about Dead or Alive? I know it's another fighter, but definitely one of the better games available at launch. If you haven't played Rayman 2 before, perhaps that one? Don't know if it's a good conversion to the 3DS though.

Lrrr said:

I'm getting Street Fighter too. Can't miss such a nice opportunity to get into the series. Smilie I'm not getting anything else as nothing really appeals to me and I'm still busy with Pokémon White and soon Okamiden anyways.

Dead or Alive isn't a launch title is it? On a few sites like shopto the release date is sometime in May. I'm holding off on games for a while until some better ones come out.

LKR000 said:
Dead or Alive isn't a launch title is it? On a few sites like shopto the release date is sometime in May. I'm holding off on games for a while until some better ones come out.

I think it was originally scheduled as a launch title but then was delayed.

Hmm, could be right about DOA. Looking around, a lot of places still have it down for March 25th in the UK, but the JP and NA releases are delayed. So I'm guessing a UK release is gonna be pushed back too. Unfortunate.

Yeah, I may just wait for that and Ocarina then.

I'm getting Samurai Warriors with mine.Looks better than three on the Wii. Getting it primarily to review though but looks quite fun Smilie

Lrrr said:

I'm gonna get SSFIV 3D and I might buy Nintendogs for my sister.

Echoes221 said:
I'm getting Samurai Warriors with mine.Looks better than three on the Wii. Getting it primarily to review though but looks quite fun Smilie

Keep in mind when you're reviewing it that the game is planned to get some DLC co-op wifi missions.

I just ordered another from Amazon to get the deal Squidboy posted. If Shopto beat it by Sunday/Monday, I'll cancel the Amazon order and vice versa.

For ���£10 more than Shopto, Amazon also offer a selected game, Screen Protectors and a case, plus delivery.

Whilst I like Shopto, With this I'll be able to afford another game on top, and won't have to bother about accessories

( Edited 17.03.2011 15:53 by Lrrr )

Okamiden's out today, I'll be getting a copy but waiting till next week to play it.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.