3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 17.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Ah well, still had fun with Face Raiders and the other games. Also a few 3D photos, which work really well.

The top screen is an Fingerprint magnet though, thumb marks next to the slider. Its a shame they don't give you a cleaning cloth with it.

Squidboy said:
Just cancelled my order for SF, I'm going to the launch event tomorrow night instead. I want a signed copy of the game.

Will you be taking photos? Smilie

They're just packing my 3DS now! It's a bit late. I'm not holding out hope for getting it tomorrow. Smilie

Woot! Late post so I just got samurai warriors!

Had a go on it. The 3D proper messed with my sight at first. My sight is still feeling a little weird 10 minutes after using it. I'll probably have it set to half way instead of on full.

I just need a game now. Rayman got dispatched today so hopefully that arrives tomorrow.

How do you use the AR cards? The ones other than the '?' card.

I think you need to go to the option in the middle at the back when you get to the screen with the boxes on

Lrrr said:
I think you need to go to the option in the middle at the back when you get to the screen with the boxes on

Ah yes. You're right! Smilie Smilie

Trepe said:
They're just packing my 3DS now! It's a bit late. I'm not holding out hope for getting it tomorrow. Smilie

Who dud you order with? Amazon are still saying thise that haven't dispatched should still be delivered tomorrow

It's good that the slide pad can be used in regular DS games making games like Mario 64 DS much easier to play, but, DS games sure do look ugly due to the increased resolution. Smilie I think I'll keep DS games to my DSi and only use the 3DS for 3DS games. Smilie

Conspiracy - Hold shift whilst typing '3DS' = �£DS. Coincidence? I think not!

Ifrit XXII said:
It's good that the slide pad can be used in regular DS games making games like Mario 64 DS much easier to play, but, DS games sure do look ugly due to the increased resolution. Smilie I think I'll keep DS games to my DSi and only use the 3DS for 3DS games. Smilie

But you know you can play DS games in their native resolution too though, yeah? Like how you could flick between normal and stretched for GB games on the GBA. You'll just got some borders around the screens is all.

Wasn't there something like hold Select while starting up a DS game to play it in its original resolution with black borders? Smilie

EDIT: Damn you, Azuardo. Smilie

( Edited 24.03.2011 20:40 by SirLink )

SirLink said:
Wasn't there something like hold Select while starting up a DS game to play it in its original resolution with black borders? Smilie

Hold Start + Select when booting the DS game to play it in its native res.

You only need to hold start for it to work. I'd rather have a fuzzy picture than play in super tiny mode. Smilie

For those who haven't done so already, update your 3DS manually and a 3D video will be added to the menu for you to watch. Smilie Nothing special though.

Echoes221 said:
Conspiracy - Hold shift whilst typing '3DS' = ��£DS. Coincidence? I think not!
Image for

Ifrit XXII said:
For those who haven't done so already, update your 3DS manually and a 3D video will be added to the menu for you to watch. Smilie Nothing special though.

Nothing special, but its good to have something to be able to demonstrate the system

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/295155/blog/3ds-launch-games-reviewed-sort-of/

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Hideously addictive, it's the kind of game that'll have you replaying missions in your sleep. If you like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, this is the 3DS game for you. (84%)

This makes me happy

( Edited 24.03.2011 21:19 by Lrrr )

Loving the DS so far, Samurai Warriors is awesome >.<. I've only got two gripes with the system. First is the stylus, both the placement of it (left hand side instead of the right) and the method in which it opens, phones have been doing it for ages, in that it extends as you pull it out, instead of fiddling twice with it. (No Homo)

The other is the microphone + Menu combo. Its fine when your at home, but it doesn't just react to blowing on it, it reacts to any sound. So sitting on the bus and the engine starts up the menu whizzes round like crazy and is slightly nauseating. This is meant to be a portable. Its a nice touch but there is no option to turn it off.

Lrrr said:
Trepe said:

Who dud you order with? Amazon are still saying thise that haven't dispatched should still be delivered tomorrow

I ordered from Play.com because they have always been fast with deliveries, unlike Amazon which is usually pretty slow for me. Didn't mind paying a little more on Play 'cause I thought it would be faster, but they haven't even despached it yet. Smilie

Play did get my copy of MGS4 to me overnight a few years back. Wasn't dispatched until about 11pm, missed the delivery the following morning and I picked it up that afternoon from the local post office. So I wouldn't give up hope yet

( Edited 24.03.2011 22:03 by Lrrr )

So jealous of you guys, couldn't bring myself to risk buying online.

Hoping a few drinks help the next two hours fly, surprisingly excited about this one Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Got back from midnight launch about an hour ago. �£13 paid for the console plus Ridge Racer after trade-ins. Smilie Then I'd already got nintendogs, Street Fighter and Pilotwings online for about �£70...pretty successful launch I'd say!

To be honest, I've set up the 'net, downloaded the firmware update, and now I'm going to bed. It's giving me headaches at the moment because I'm so tired and I'm a bit ill as well. I'd prefer to view it with fresh eyes tomorrow. I'm not disappointed, though, as I already know the tech works well after an adjustment period after my play at the Nintendo post-E3 event last year.

( Edited 25.03.2011 01:52 by Mason )

It is amazing, fact Smilie

Seriously though i'm blown away, a very nice bit of tech and really worth every penny. Big thumbs up.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

The 3DS is awesome definitely one of the best things I've ever bought.

I agree with you on the stylus issue Echoes other than that it's amazing. The 3D gets better the more you play it. The 3D in Street Fighter is pretty good too.

My luck FTL! Smilie Amazon dispatched it very late yesterday and now the estimated delivery date says Tuesday...Smilie

I wanna play Street Fighter with you guys too...Smilie

( Edited 25.03.2011 07:22 by SirLink )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.