3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Super Sonic said:
Or what would be best is to have mercenaries from RE4 and RE5 put into one game. Then you have some of the RE4 characters and then you have the RE5 characters with all the maps and weapons. That would be my ideal game.

By the look of the screens their already doing that, they'll prolly just add additional characters, levels, weapons etc.

( Edited 03.10.2010 12:21 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I really hope there's a quality FIFA or Pro Evo on the 3DS. Every hand-held version of those games always sucks and never has the playability of a console version - but with the slider and all that junk in the trunk - I feel like it's time EA or Konami did the full works in a portable title.

If it was of or above the quality of say, the PS2 version, I would definitely buy it at launch.

I also think EXTREME G needs to make a 3DS appearance! Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I just found something kinda funny: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82286/forge-news-sony-unveils-4dpsp/
That made me chuckle Smilie

( Edited 04.10.2010 01:24 by LKR000 )

Kojima-san:

"In Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater, we believe the feeling of actually hiding in the shadows and other such areas will have even more impact with 3D video. We're also looking into using StreetPass functionality for exchanging data with other players even when you're not playing the game."

"MGS3's story can't change, so we're thinking of Co-ops, 3D and portable-like elements."

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
Kojima-san:

"In Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater, we believe the feeling of actually hiding in the shadows and other such areas will have even more impact with 3D video. We're also looking into using StreetPass functionality for exchanging data with other players even when you're not playing the game."

"MGS3's story can't change, so we're thinking of Co-ops, 3D and portable-like elements."

Co-Op? Smilie Hopefully we'll see that. It'll be pretty awesome.

Mush123 said:
Co-Op? Smilie Hopefully we'll see that. It'll be pretty awesome.

If it's anything like Peace Walkers co op then it's bound to be awesome Smilie

I just thought, FPS' will be damn hard to play for left handed people since there's only one slide pad, either that or they'll have the old style with turning left and right assigned to the slide pad, but that still leaves a problem for looking up and down and strafing. Unless ofcourse the face buttons do that, but that would limit the buttons to attack :/.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll figure something out.

( Edited 10.10.2010 00:23 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Stulaw said:
I just thought, FPS' will be damn hard to play for left handed people since there's only one slide pad, either that or they'll heave the old style with turning left and right assigned to the slide pad, but that still leaves a problem for looking up and down and strafing. Unless ofcourse the face buttons do that, but that would limit the buttons to attack :/.

Console makers and developers apply little thought to gamers that are left-handed, because such gamers are a minority. Today, your lucky to find games featuring controls suited to lefties. The last handheld I can remember which catered to lefties was the Atari Lynx back in the early 90's.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
Stulaw said:
I just thought, FPS' will be damn hard to play for left handed people since there's only one slide pad, either that or they'll heave the old style with turning left and right assigned to the slide pad, but that still leaves a problem for looking up and down and strafing. Unless ofcourse the face buttons do that, but that would limit the buttons to attack :/.

Console makers and developers apply little thought to gamers that are left-handed, because such gamers are a minority. Today, your lucky to find games featuring controls suited to lefties. The last handheld I can remember which catered to lefties was the Atari Lynx back in the early 90's.

They may not make the consoles to us lefties, but they certainly offer us left-handed controls. To me, that is enough.

GT have done a video preview

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Today, your lucky to find games featuring controls suited to lefties. The last handheld I can remember which catered to lefties was the Atari Lynx back in the early 90's

Theres quite a bit of DS software that caters to left handed people, pretty sure all book mode (brain training, ninja gaiden etc) games do, and Zelda on the DS had the option as well.

( Edited 10.10.2010 00:32 by Jimmy2000 )

Squidboy said:
Stulaw said:

Oh, it's just the stylus controls that I was talking about, normal console games, and DS games, even those that do use the stylus games are those that anyone can play.

I was just saying that if the players movement was stuck on the slide pad, then say, if you were playing Call off Duty and you wanted to quickly turn around and move at the the same time, or use a grenade, it'll make it very difficult.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Link's awakening 3d omg, I just want a whole remake with graphics of new zelda for wii skysword

PS3 is just good for Catherine, Demons souls, Dark Souls, and Folklore
8)

Natsume, the devlopers of Harvest Moon, have announced they're working on 3DS version of XBLA's twin stick side-scrolling shooter, "Omega Five".

Natsume have not stated whether this will be a cart or download release, but I personally hope it's the latter.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/1275927594/natsumes-omega-five-an-xbla-shmup-coming-to

Omega Five - XBLA Version Trailer

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Wooooooo Smilie

( Edited 14.10.2010 09:32 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

knighty said:

Mush isn't talking about making a 2d screen show a 3d image. He's talking about how do you make a 2d game which has NO perspective 3d. It doesn't make sense.

....The point is that it makes no sense to make a purely 2d game 3d. Having floating sprites will just look stupid. And the pixels don't vibrate at all, I dunno what you're on about.

Well it looks great by all accounts. I meant refresh.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

The bitwhere he says about making the game 'easier to play' worries me, and reminds me of the horrible EO control system on Capcom Vs SNK 2 for GameCube and Xbox. 3DS has enough buttons, don't simplify the controls.

Martin_ said:
The bitwhere he says about making the game 'easier to play' worries me, and reminds me of the horrible EO control system on Capcom Vs SNK 2 for GameCube and Xbox. 3DS has enough buttons, don't simplify the controls.

EO was dire because it was default and provided no option, this is optional.

You can program four panels on the touch screen to correspond to individual moves - Ultra Combos, throws, Focus Attacks and standard special moves. You can also assign a simultaneous press of all three punch or kick buttons.

Image for

Image for

Image for

( Edited 15.10.2010 10:23 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

The left-handed controls are usually worse though. Using the DS buttons as a D-pad was pretty bad in Metroid Prime Hunters. It was playable, but it put me in a disadvantage when playing online.

It can be a pain being left-handed sometimes.

Image for

Time Travellers has today been confirmed as a 3DS game by Level-5 Inc.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Skeleton, a terrorist who knows the future, and Mikoto Shinmichi, a girl who also knows the future.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Level-5 Inc have announced a new crossover game for Nintendo 3DS at their Level-5 Vision event. Level-5's CEO, Akino Hino, alongside Capcom's Shu Takumi, announced the game at a press conference earlier today.

Level-5's CEO Akihiro Hino:

"I didn't think they'd give it the okay," - "I know there are many fans who are waiting for Ace Attorney 5, so is this really okay?"

Regarding Takumi-san's role in the game, Hino said:

"We have Mr. Takumi working closely on the project. Looking at it as an Ace Attorney game, it will look like the real thing. Looking at it as a Professor Layton game, it will look like the real thing. With this collaboration between two titles, we're aiming to make an even bigger title."

Takumi-san:

"With the cooperation of Level-5, we hope to deliver a game that exceeds everyone's expectations."

Layton Kyouju V's Gyakuten Saiban" Teaser Site: layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/

The game's story has Professor Hershel Layton and Phoenix Wright finding themselves in another world. They come to the medieval city of Labyrinth City, where reality and illusion mingle, and where magic is real. Labyrinth City is a home to witches who hide in the shadows...

"Layton Kyouju V's Gyakuten Saiban" Screens

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is currently date TBA. Level-5 will be publishing the game.

Image for

Fantasy Life has switched platform to 3DS - there will be no DS version.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

( Edited 20.10.2010 09:05 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Level-5 have my attention, as do Capcom. Smilie

Smilie 3DS looking better and better cant wait to see more of Time Travellers looks to be right down my street

I'm looking forward to "Fantasy Life" the most, Brownie Brown (of Mother fame) are awesome.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

All three look fantastic.

I like Fantasy Lifes' visuals, they remind me of Fat Princess'.

Marzy said:
All three look fantastic.

I like Fantasy Lifes' visuals, they remind me of Fat Princess'.

They looked a lot different when we last saw the game, back then it looked a lot like Mother 3.

The new visuals are clean, colourful and just as quirky as they looked in the original artwork, I like them, but I will miss the pixel style the game originally had.

Image for

Image for

Image for

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.