3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 16.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Resident Evil: Revelations 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Riiiiidge RACER!!!

Looks better than it did in the screens.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

It still looks weak though - the PSP game looks better.

Steel Diver (Miyamoto's favourite)

Nintendogos +Cats

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

how do you say will you marry me in japanese?

Jump_button said:

What's the point, Jump, you'd probably end up saying it in Chinese Smilie

"The 3D part of the Nintendo 3DS tends to get the most attention, but as a moderately high spec gaming device it's very attractive," said Funamizu. "It's not too week, not overly powerful -- it has the image of being easy to work with. I'd like to try some of the ideas that I gave up on in the past because they could not be expressed on the DS but also were not appropriate for the PSP."

- Noritaka Funamizu - Crafts & Meister (ex Capcom talent)

Crafts & Meister are currently working on this fantastic looking RPG for Wii:

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/39737/

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
Jump_button said:

What's the point, Jump, you'd probably end up saying it in Chinese Smilie

oh I didnt know awesome was the same in both Smilie Sugoi

StreetPass Plaza

- view avatars of everyone that you've passed by
- view the person's screen name
- see the last game they played
- learn when the "pass" took place
- total of how many times the two have come across one another
- features can be disabled for privacy if the user chooses

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Creepy

Madden NFL 3DS

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Woah! Madden is looking pretty fine. I hope the FIFA 3DS looks as good.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

0:59> on the Ridge Racer video... Smilie

Do we know if the 3DS is going to be region-locked yet? I'm in the US until June and I really want to get one whilst out here, but it could be irritating if I had to import everything. And expensive.

Soundworks said:
Woah! Madden is looking pretty fine. I hope the FIFA 3DS looks as good.

Finer than any Wii version so far. I hope so too, I also hope they nail the MP.

FIFA and Madden are titles that should work well in 3D, I hope they don't botch it up.

The music here sounds very much like a Bebel Gilberto track called "So Nice".

Bebel Gilberto "So Nice"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLuTVp7qy0

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

I feel like it's time we had some new footage of the 3DS plus games. I need something to go off!

Yea, with Christmas coming they should remind us why it's worth keeping some money for March.

Codemasters seem to have F1: 2010 in the works for 3DS, a listing for a 3DS version has appeared on a Canadian retailer database.

I want Pac-Man Championship Edition DX on 3DS

( Edited 27.11.2010 10:27 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Resident Evil: Revelations & Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D - News & Images

Resident Evil: Revelations - 20% complete

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - 70% complete

RE: Revelations

Resident Evil Revelations wasn't given much in the way of details at the Nintendo Conference a couple of months back. But Famitsu has stepped up this week with a full look at the 3DS title, complete with little bits of commentary from the development staff.

That staff includes producer Masachika Kawata (also producing The Mercenaries 3D), producer Takayuki Hama, and director Koushi Nakanishi.

Revelations is an all new Resident Evil game that's set on a creature infested luxury cruise ship. The game is set between the time of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 and follows the actions of the BSAA anti bio-terror forces, which has just recently been formed (around the year 2005).

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, main characters of the original RE, are confirmed for the game. Famitsu says that a number of other BSAA members will appear as well.

The game's prologue starts out on a dark, stormy night out at sea. Some BSAA soldiers are approaching a once great cruise ship, which nows looks like a ghost ship. As they approach, Jill says to herself, "Surely, they are somewhere on this ship."

A luxury cruise ship is the main setting for Revelations, but the game will also have other environments.

The concept of the game, Kawata told the magazine, is to deliver a game that makes players feel a greater sense of fear. This will be achieved by adding the "classic style" of exploration and puzzle solving found in the older RE games to the style of play featured in RE4 and beyond.

They're following a different path from the post RE4 series, which Kawata feels placed the focus on an invigorating gameplay experience. This time, they'll be placing an emphasis on the fear and suspense side, making players feel so scared that they don't want to move.

The type of fear and suspense detailed in the interview should be familiar to players of the old Resident Evil games. You won't know where the enemies will emerge, so you'll have to slowly advance in fear of when something might pop out. Creatures will appear from unexpected directions. You'll also have to deal with limited ammo. It's true "survival horror," said Nakanishi.

Nakanishi also detailed how the game's cinematic and visual effects will contribute to the fear. In addition to the interior of the ship being dark, the 3D output will give you a true feeling that there's something in the depths of the halls. The ability for 3D to deliver this feel is the reason they decided to place the emphasis on horror, said Nakanishi.

Fans of the classic Resident Evils will probably be pleased with the new focus on horror. But it looks as though, in terms of story, the game is actually being designed for newcomers. Asked if Revelations will have connections with past titles, Nakanishi assured that as the game is set just after the formation of the BSAA it won't be totally unrelated. However, because it's coming out for a new system, they're making it so that players who are new to the series will enjoy themselves. At the same time, there will be some elements that fans of past titles will appreciate.

On the media front, Famitsu's has some game screens which show Jill and Chris walking through the halls of the cruise ship, taking aim at creatures. One screen shows shows a red targeting light coming out of Jill's gun.

The magazine provides only a few gameplay details besides what can be determined by the screens. You'll be able to freely move while your gun is equipped. You'll also be able to freely move your viewpoint around. Many of the screens in the magazine are from the character's backs like in Resident Evil 4, but there are a few shots where it looks like the player has moved the camera around to Jill's side.

The developers told Famitsu that Revelations is being developed to offer a new play control feel. No details yet, but the magazine does speculate (and with Famitsu, it's usually informed speculation) that this could relate to the 3DS's unique functionality.

These older Revelation shots (distributed at the Nintendo Conference in September) don't show any of the enemies. The game will have a variety of new enemies, Famitsu confirms.

In addition to the gameplay shots, the magazine has some storyboards showing concept images of other areas. One storyboard shows a storage room that's filled with dead bodies. An air duct has broken, and one body seems to be hanging out partially from the broken end of the air duct. There's a similarly bloody scene from the ship's kitchen, which is also filled with dead bodies.

Some of the image boards show areas off the ship, including a port town and a snowy mountain. The mountain image board shows a crashed freighter plane in flames.

The overall setting for the game is Europe, Nakanishi said when asked about the setting. He wouldn't go into details beyond this.

Development on Revelations is currently at 20% complete, Famitsu reveals. The game is still listed in the magazine as date TBA.

Andriasang

RE: Mercenaries 3D

Famitsu has a full update on the game in this week's issue, complete with commentary from producer Masachika Kawata (also producer on Revelations) and director Kazuhisa Inoue.

The Mercenaries 3D is a package version of "The Mercenaries," a mode of play that first appeared in Resident Evil 3 Last Escape but will be more familiar to modern day players from its appearance in Resident Evil 5. Players team up to defeat enemies in a limited amount of time.

In its 3DS incarnation, Mercenaries will support Wi-Fi co-op for up to two players. Like the past mini games, it will be a pure gameplay experience. There won't be any story elements.

Controls are being reworked to make the game more player friendly. There will also be some form of unspecified touch screen aspect to the controls.

One of the big additions to the control scheme is a first person aiming mode. The game is normally viewed from behind your character's back. However, when you ready your weapon, the game automatically switches into first person mode and you use the analogue slider to aim. You'll be able to freely move while in this first person view.

Commenting on the first person switch, Inoue said that the 3D view support lets you truly get a grasp for the gameplay space and feel like you're there when enemies attack and fire.

Also new for the game is a character customization system. You'll be able to build up your character like in an RPG. Details are a bit sparse on this area, but it looks like you'll be able to set your character with skills, which will level up. You'll also be able to customize weapons.

Currently confirmed for playable appearance in the game are Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield, Jack Krauser and Hunk.

Chris's model is based off his Resident Evil 5 model. Claire, making her first Mercenaries appearance, serves as a contrasting character to Chris. While Chris is powerful, Claire uses her nimbleness to her advantage. She's shown in Famitsu's screens using a weapon with a laser site, which could mean that less experienced players will have an easier time using her.

Jack is good with archery and rocket launcher weapons, and also uses a knife for close combat. Kawata described him as a power character, with high attack and defensive strength. Hunk, while a soldier like Krauser, has a style that's more focused on balance rather than power.

With The Mercenaries 3D having a 70% completion level, it may seem like it's a prime candidate to launch with the 3DS early next year. Unfortunately, Famitsu still lists the game with a general TBA time frame.

Andriasang

Image Slideshow

http://img140.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mercs1.jpg

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for
Image for
Image for

Image for

Thanks to Andriasang

( Edited 08.12.2010 12:45 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

OMFG SQUIDBOY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Claire's back baby!
Been waiting for something relevant to both RE games and their both looking pretty awesome Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I'm not buying it unless you can play as:

- Ashley
- Geno
- Barry's old voice

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I'm guessing they'll be more characters since there's only like 4 characters shown there and I know for a fact Jill is playable. So I'm hoping Leon is playable also Smilie

I want Ashley playable too.

Just added an image slideshow to make viewing those images easier.

http://img140.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mercs1.jpg

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

If you ask me, Geno and Ridley are shoe ins, but I don't think Wesker will return because he's a clone.

In all seriousness, I really do want Ashley to be playable, I'd love that.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Ashley would be awesome but sadly it wont happen >.<
I wonder what alternate costumes they'll have for each character, although I'm just glad Claire's in Smilie

( Edited 08.12.2010 13:34 by LKR000 )

Never liked mercanaries so will be passing on that. Am really glad that the main RE will be more puzzle/exploration/horror based like the classics. Smilie

Ifrit XXII said:
Never liked mercanaries so will be passing on that. Am really glad that the main RE will be more puzzle/exploration/horror based like the classics. Smilie

Pretty much my opinion as well.

Ifrit XXII said:

Yeah I'm glad their going for a creepier approach now, I mean RE4 was awesome and 5 was pretty good but it should stay as a survival horror game.
Hopefully we'll get something like Nemesis following us xD

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.