3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I also can't be the only one that jumped straight into the options to change the VO's to Japanese with English subs as soon as I heard how bad the voice work was?

Thank god that they left that option in.

Pretty much done everything story/other the game has to offer. Chronicals done, Survival is done and arcade all complete. The bots are a little on the easy side though, or maybe that's just because you can pull off some nuts combos, who knows.

Well, Aussie members, I can honestly say that youve gotten the better end of the stick this time, as far as Oot3DS preorder stuff goes;

Image for

I would honestly kill for that thing.

Sweet. Anyone importing it?

Image for

A new game that is the result of a collaboration of Square Enix and n-Space has been announced recently with only a little artwork and virtually no other information on it. N-space revealed it on their Facebook page but deleted it shortly after. Now luckily Nintendo Power had a good amount of details all along and to be honest it sounds quite intriguing. I'll just drop a quote from Handheld Gaming here:

The quick description of the game in Nintendo Power actually gives us a lot of interesting information about the game. As suggested by the concept art, Heroes of Ruin is a four-player game. The four characters in Heroes of Ruin are mercenaries. Depending on the character you choose, you will be able to customize his or her weapon, armor, and class abilities. These will be earned by completing parts of the main game.

You may be thinking that this all sounds dandy, but it’s almost impossible to get four friends together at the same time, in the same place that all have 3DS systems. Don’t worry, you won’t have to round up three friends to play this game cooperatively. n-Space is boasting one of the most impressive online offerings for the 3DS to date by offering drop-in/drop-out co-op gameplay and voice chat through the 3DS’s built in microphone. I can’t think of another game that offers voice chat on the 3DS, so this is very exciting for that platform. Heroes of Ruin’s online functionality doesn’t stop there, however. The 3DS’s SpotPass feature will be used to offer players DLC. Nintendo Power specifically lists daily challenges as an example of the type of content you can expect.

The game is sounding like quite an ambitious handheld game, and I’m hoping n-Space hits it out of the park at E3 (where this game will presumably be shown). Nintendo Power teases us by saying they will have more information in the next issue but something tells me we will be hearing about this game very soon.

The update for the 3ds shop channel is tommorow right?

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101
Our member of the week

For the US and Japan yup. Not for us europeans Smilie. We gotta wait one more day.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Ahh right. I just got a message through my 3ds saying about the update tommorow xD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I got a message on Friday and thought it was a bit soon.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Donkey Kong '94 for 3DS Virtual Console (source)

Up now apparently, but don't have 3DS to confirm. £3.60 I believe, and $3.99 in US.

Hell of a good game though. One of the best GB games.

I think I may have to send my 3DS off for repairs. Last week I updated and got the free game fine from the store. Now I think the wireless is buggered. The on screen wireless notification alternates between saying Internet, and merely being enabled. When doing connection tests, it times out even if I sit the console right next to the router. Changing my security settings makes no difference

Smilie

I want THIS for 3DS:

Image for

( Edited 16.06.2011 19:41 by Echoes221 )

Did anyone else get a system update notification for their 3DS? If so what was it for, I can't see any changes.

I updated mine. I think it was some bug fixes etc and making sure Ridge Racer worked again.

Only some minor bug fixes, nothing special sadly. NoE give us the E3 trailers already, FFS!

EDIT: Lol, right after I posted this I saw this quote coming from Nintendo's customer service.

"The downloadable and promotional content available on Nintendo eShop and its scheduling vary on a regional basis. However, we can confirm that The Green Lantern 3D trailer from Warner Bros is now available in the UK and is coming to additional European markets soon. The E3 special movies will also be coming to consumers in Europe soon."

At least we'll be getting them...sometime.

( Edited 16.06.2011 20:04 by SirLink )

Lrrr said:
I think I may have to send my 3DS off for repairs. Last week I updated and got the free game fine from the store. Now I think the wireless is buggered. The on screen wireless notification alternates between saying Internet, and merely being enabled. When doing connection tests, it times out even if I sit the console right next to the router. Changing my security settings makes no difference

Smilie

Mines been doing this, but only when I've been on Ocarina of Time. I have the wireless on and it's connected fine before hand and once I start playing OoT it just disconnects or goes into Street Pass instead...

I also had a problem last week where the charge light wouldn't go out, even though it was on for hours (7pm till 2am). In the end I just turned it off.

The 3DS is the most unreliable Nintendo console I've ever seen/used. It felt like it was rushed to launched, for some bizarre reason with no system selling software and no eShop. If you've not got a 3DS yet and plan to get one, I'd say definitely wait it out till the next model. Hopefully it will be more reliable.

Marzy said:
Mines been doing this, but only when I've been on Ocarina of Time. I have the wireless on and it's connected fine before hand and once I start playing OoT it just disconnects or goes into Street Pass instead...

I also had a problem last week where the charge light wouldn't go out, even though it was on for hours (7pm till 2am). In the end I just turned it off.

The 3DS is the most unreliable Nintendo console I've ever seen/used. It felt like it was rushed to launched, for some bizarre reason with no system selling software and no eShop. If you've not got a 3DS yet and plan to get one, I'd say definitely wait it out till the next model. Hopefully it will be more reliable.

It started to work normally again pretty much straight after I posted it wasn't working last night. I have no idea what was wrong, and didn't change anything. It just worked

Yeah Marzy, mine disconnects from the internet when I'm playing OoT too, only connects when I'm on the friends list. I think its just that game and needs a patch.

Hm... I've had no problems whatsoever, even when playing OoT.

Think I maybe just got lucky, heh.

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

The NoE website is back up so register OoT quickly to get the free soundtrack.
It says allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. >_<

Star Fox 64 3D Japanese website updated

Holy shit, you can actually see where you're going in the sub level now! And wow at the landmaster stage. Looking good.

Fuck, this game looks good. The water effects and ice level in particular look amazing. They really did a better graphics overhaul than what was done with Ocarina.

Hope you can change the controls to original Starwing, but I doubt it. Would get used to it, but that ABXY SNES setup makes me wanna play it Starwing style.

Hope all you 3DS owners are getting this come September (why is it so far away anyway?).

Starfox does look great, and since I never got the original, I'll get it if I have the money, but then I probably won't have to wait long since it comes out 5 days before my birthday Smilie.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

today in north america we got Kirby's Dreamland for the gameboy for the virual console.

OK that's bollocks, the system won't let you download software if the battery is running low, even with the adaptor plugged in: "Battery power is running low....Please plug in the AC adapter and recharge the system for a short while"

Seems it has a threshold where it won't let you download (the light is still red when charging). I can understand that, but its bollocks.

Just got Pilotwings Resort & think it's brilliant (if a bit short) & have to say out of the six games I've got so far, it makes the best use of 3D.

Other games look good in 3D & I use it (3D) nearly all the time, but never felt it was necessary for the gameplay & couldn't ever see 3D being integral to gameplay.

Pilotwings changed my mind on that. My eyes were feeling tired after playing on the 3DS for way too long, so I decided to play it in 2D. I found I couldn't play half as well in 2D, which surprised me. Judging the positions of markers & other things was a little harder than in 3D.

Pilotwings uses it so effectively & it feels natural.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Sandy Wilson

There are 1 members online at the moment.