3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

When I originally played the E3 Demo of Pilotwings last year I thought that besides the MGS tech demo, Pilotwings was the best in terms of 3D. it actually made me feel like everything was in perspective and I was able to judge distances better.

Oh yeah, I just watched another SF64 video and the water effects are gorgeous, it's another game I can imagine making good use of 3D.

( Edited 08.07.2011 15:17 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

The water looks amazing on SF64. It looks better every time I see a new video. I think it'll use 3D just as effectively as Pilotwings.

( Edited 08.07.2011 15:28 by Trepe )

Capcom to bring Monster Hunter to 3DS?

Should please a couple of people here.

Our member of the week

Me included Smilie, though that's not the kind of game for which I'd buy the console that it gets released on. If it lands only on PSVita, which I don't plan to get or at least not before long, I'll live without it. But if it does arrive on 3DS, that'll be a day one buy for me Smilie.

( Edited 14.07.2011 23:58 by Kafei2006 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I would love it if it came to 3DS, my main gripe is that its a game that works well for handheld, much like Animal crossing. For the sheer amount of hours that need to be put into it, its perfect for the system, and one of the reasons why I haven't completed MH3 (and I guess getting my Xbox at the same time didn't help). I've started to play my Wii again and its on my to do list. But for the amount of hours that are needed, I would prefer a handheld version for accessibility reasons.

It would be a day one purchase for me as well. I've put around 500 hours into MH3 because it was just so much fun, both offline and online. It didn't bother me at all that it was on a home console because I'd play it the whole day anyway. Smilie I agree with Echoes though, it really is more suited to handhelds for quickly doing one or two quests and then putting it away again. Even then, I'd probably find myself playing it the whole day with my AC adapter plugged in all the time. Smilie

I'm used to dual analog for MH as MH3 with the CC Pro was the only game of the series I've played but I'm sure that Capcom will find a good way to make that work for the 3DS. The PSP only had one analog stick as well and that didn't stop millions of people buying and enjoying its MH games.

The funny (or sad) thing here is, I already put like 500 hours into MH3 and it actually had much less content compared to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd (still a ton though). Now if Capcom brings out a 3DS game with as much content as those two PSP iterations...I don't think my social life could survive that. Smilie

( Edited 15.07.2011 05:57 by SirLink )

Mega Man Legends 3 has been cancelled: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

So annoying, Capcom seem to want to get rid of the Mega Man franchise now that Inafune is gone.

Assassin's Creed 3D has also been cancelled. >_>

Went on a 3DS for the first time yesterday. Tesco store had a demo stand, the actual console is pretty nice I like it. It was locked into the game (Pilot Wings) so I couldn't browse through menus etc.

The game visuals were really nice ... in 2D. The 3D killed my eyes, I just couldn't get used to it. I tried it at different angles, distances from my face etc but nothing..

Seemed like a solid system though, maybe somewhere down the line i'll get one, or get the 3DSi! Smilie

Pilot Wings 3D is really strong, it takes a few days to get used to 3D on the 3DS then its fine I found.

EdJozsa84 (guest) 20.07.2011#1185

Can you present a website link with additional info?

Squidboy (guest) 22.07.2011#1186

America's eShop got the free Nintendo Video app today.

A Netflix European (unlikely to be widespread) service is rumoured to be arriving next year, and not solely for the 3DS.

PS: Nintendo need to release one of their games earlier than expected.

saunderscowie said:
Went on a 3DS for the first time yesterday. Tesco store had a demo stand, the actual console is pretty nice I like it. It was locked into the game (Pilot Wings) so I couldn't browse through menus etc.

The game visuals were really nice ... in 2D. The 3D killed my eyes, I just couldn't get used to it. I tried it at different angles, distances from my face etc but nothing..

Seemed like a solid system though, maybe somewhere down the line i'll get one, or get the 3DSi! Smilie

I found that when I tried the touring demo stations. My eyes ached like crazy & gave me a bit of a headache.

To be honest when I got my 3DS I've had no problems whatsoever. I play all the time at home, in full 3D (sometimes for hours) and have no problems.

I've discovered I only have problems when I'm out in strong light. The screen is shiny and gets reflections on it. My eyes start to strain when I'm trying to look at 3D through the 2D reflections over the surface of the screen. The darker the environment the better the 3D effect looks to me. I don't know why they went with such a shiny screen surface.

It's the same for me Trepe, I have to play the games with my curtains shut simply because I can see the screen, I don't know if turning the brightness up helps though, it does with the iPod Touch.

Marzy (guest) 22.07.2011#1189

Pilotwings worked fine for me, straight away.

Squidboy (guest) 26.07.2011#1190

There are some cool handmade 3DS cases available on Etsy.com. There's an article on NintendoLife with a direct link. I'm getting a grey Pikmin one for £12.50.

just seen the new 3ds advert on e4. ALOT BETTER

it now does its job so much better

BREAKING NEWS: The 3DS will receive a price cut by "around a third" next month!! There will also be a reward program for early adopters! You can read more about it here

Personally, I got my 3DS for €222 at launch and I'm not feeling any regret after this announcement. I'm actually happy for the people who haven't gotten a 3DS yet but plan to. A larger userbase is always beneficial for every videogame system owner. I very likely don't own any of these 20 NES/GBA games except for The Legend of Zelda either, so that's a nice plus. They're actually really damn good ones, too! Smilie

In other words, this is Nintendo's counter against the PS Vita. Nintendo can afford a price cut like this, Sony can't.

Since when were GBA games announced for the VC?

They weren't. They are just part of the early-adopter reward program. Early-adopters will be getting those 10 NES games before they are released on the VC for free along with 10 GBA games for free as well. They've said that there are no plans to release those GBA games in the future, so those are going to be exclusive to early-adopters. I suppose other GBA games are coming to the VC at some point though.

Suddenly, buying a 3DS on launch doesn't seem as bad as before. Those are actually some good games Nintendo are offering.

I'm quite surprised.

( Edited 28.07.2011 11:33 by Marzy )

Me too. 20 games is quite a lot. I'm surprised they're giving anything away. So is the 3DS's price now £150?

Metroid Fusion! Smilie I've played through it so many times, but I definitely want to go through it again, good way to kill 2 and a half hours! This is good, considering I got my 3DS for around £180ish, I think this is brilliant. I just wish they would hurry up and launch 3DS ware though, we need some fresh new content.

Echoes221 said:
I just wish they would hurry up and launch 3DS ware though, we need some fresh new content.

I'm pretty sure 3DS Ware launched ages ago with Pokedex 3D, Lets Golf 3D etc. Unless your referring to them releasing more 3DS Ware titles the yeah I agree.

Holy shit. I'm buying it now. This is a steal!!!

L said:
Echoes221 said:
I just wish they would hurry up and launch 3DS ware though, we need some fresh new content.

I'm pretty sure 3DS Ware launched ages ago with Pokedex 3D, Lets Golf 3D etc. Unless your referring to them releasing more 3DS Ware titles the yeah I agree.

I forgot about those >.< But yeah, we need more 'good' titles, what we have now is pitiful. I would really like to see some Wii Ware titles ported over as well, I know we need less ports but I would really love to see Lost Winds 1+2 and something like My Life As King or Icarin on the console.

Oh and Level 98! >.<

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.