3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Cool. I kindof want one, about £125 is my sweetspot.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

That price drop is tempting. I think I still might wait for the 3DSi though..

Unless Nintendo reveals a new (not a remake) Fire Emblem. They have a direct line to my checking account for that sort of thing.

Super Mario 3D Land looks utterly charming though. And Mario Kart 7 is of course going to be great. It's really going to be a good Holiday season for the system.

Wow! Suddenly I'm no longer pissed at Nintendo for their crappy launch line up, crappy eStore delay and their crappy Video channel. Smilie Bring on the GBA games!! (though I'm expecting a crap line up from Nintendo of Europe. Smilie)

( Edited 28.07.2011 19:07 by Ifrit XXII )

My 3DS just asked me to update with no wireless connection present, it must of hooked up and downloaded it either from someone else or from a hotspot. Clever Nintendo.

Echoes221 said:
My 3DS just asked me to update with no wireless connection present, it must of hooked up and downloaded it either from someone else or from a hotspot. Clever Nintendo.
My 3DS did this a couple of days ago, not sure what the update was for though, but oh well.

Really fucking excited to find out that Nintendo are offering us 20 free games! 20! The great thing is, I don't own any of those games, due to my GBA being stolen while I was on holiday one time and no longer having a NES. My love for Nintendo continues to grow stronger. Smilie I probably haven't played some of those games, either.

Can't wait to see which other games will be a part of this. *hopes for Minish Cap*

I'd also like to explain why I haven't been around. Me being the unlucky person I am, hasn't got a working laptop. It just died on me randomly one day. (About 3 days after I got my new hard drive installed too!) The HDD wasn't the problem though, think it's the battery or something to do with the motherboard.

I hope all is going well in the world of C3 and hopefully I'll get a new laptop/get my laptop fixed soon.

( Edited 29.07.2011 04:28 by Mush123 )

I just got my 3ds 2 days ago.
It has quite some story behind it aswell. *ahem*

It begins with me buying a 3ds at an auction site from sweden (where I live)-
blinded by love for nintendo I pay for my shit that is shipped from abroad
and think of nothing like: hey this might be a fraud.

While another day at work, I sit an check my mail
One mail stands out as it screams YOU FAIL!!
An imposter if I may,
took my dream away.

So there I am, 120$* fell through a big black hole
into the hand of some thieve with a black soul.

As I despair on my own
I feel like there is still strength to be shown.

I go to amazon.co.uk
Order my 3ds and it says you will have your stuff on the 8th day.

A few days later I read on the web
That amazon.com draws back what is sells,
the 3ds, perhaps cause of malfuntion?
I also hear from a forum, it's just a guess
-but the problem lies within the black coloured 3ds

Just the kind I ordered.

I hold may faith and pray for my 3ds
there is after all a big diffrent between uk and us

Wednsday is the day it's suppose to arrive.
I check my mail but no letter about a package nearby...

As I go inside I check my mail and see to my suprise a packaged on th kitchen floor
aparently my little sister though it was tools for my father who has ordered the lord of the ring books, all four, (bilbo counts)

So I rip up the package and lay the 3ds on my bed
apparantly it arrived on monday instead.

But then i understand a price cut is near
... this bad luck might be something to fear.

But! a good turn! free games!
And 20 of em', mario, metroid and some other names!

And that is the story of how I finally got my 3ds.

thx for reading! just wanted to let you guys know

*(1200 swedish kr)

Quick question from a non-3DS owner.

If you were to buy another 3DS, can you transfer all your bought games, saves etc to your new system? Only asking because I'm wondering if I bought a 3DS now and then maybe got the next model in the future (3DSi or whatever), would I be able to transfer all my stuff over? Just wanna know how this works, and what can and can't be moved.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Nintendo are going to be tight and will be restricting the Ambassador stuff to the system and not the user.

So I'm not sure if those games will be transferable.

What about all other games you buy off 3DSware etc? I wasn't aware there was any sort of user account so wasn't sure if anything was transferable between multiple 3DS's at all. Is it a case of having to move everything onto an SD card or something?

( Edited 30.07.2011 13:02 by Azuardo )

You can only transfer DSiWare games from a DSi to a 3DS system, from what I gathered.

Nah you can transfer all your data, it's in the system settings. It's under system transfer. It'll give you two options. 1 for transferring from a DSi and the 2nd for transferring between 3DS's.

Oh, sweet. So nothing in particular is ever tied down to the system itself? I was already ridiculing Nintendo for lack of user accounts because of this, but that sort of puts my mind at ease.

Sorry Azuardo, I hadn't seen those settings before.

That's okay, mate. We both learned something.

"State of the art online functionality" Smilie

I guess I was a bit harsh on this, but it's certainly not "state of the art" yet. Hopefully they can improve the online services soon.

In terms of interaction, you could do more on the Wii, when it first launched. At least you could send messages and photos to each other.

( Edited 03.08.2011 11:21 by Marzy )

Yes that advert is a little... well.. it's crap.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Yeah, the advert is over the top but because of the one sentence at the end alone, I think it actually does its job much better than the previous ones. They really should have been saying "This is not DS. This is Nintendo 3DS." from the beginning just to clear up at least some of the confusion because apparently many people are still thinking it's another DS despite the gameplay footage showing stuff that the DS wouldn't even be able to handle in its dreams.

In my opinion, the 3ds is the worst nintendo system invented.

It hurt my eyes so much the first time I played it. I will have to buy it though because I believe a new paper mario and new luigi's mansion is coming out for it.

Overall, good games, bad system.

prince2.0 said:

It hurt my eyes so much the first time I played it. I will have to buy it though because I believe a new paper mario and new luigi's mansion is coming out for it.

You know, nobody is forcing you to play anything in 3D. Smilie If it hurts your eyes then just keep the 3D turned off and view it as a beefed up DS.

( Edited 02.08.2011 20:05 by SirLink )

SirLink said:
prince2.0 said:

You know, nobody is forcing you to play anything in 3D. Smilie If it hurts your eyes then just keep the 3D off and view it as a beefed up DS.

never said I wouldn't play it
I mean I'll put the 3d on from time to time but not much

prince2.0 said:

never said I wouldn't play it
I mean I'll put the 3d on from time to time but not much

I was just saying, because there are actually people who don't give the 3DS a chance solely because of that.

Did you play Pilotwings when you were playing with the 3DS for the first time? It seems that a lot of people have problems with 3D in that game.

lose fat (guest) 02.08.2011#1222

Hack again?!

Nintendo has revealed it will be adding GBA titles Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror to the list of free games it will be offering as part of the 'Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors programme'.

sauce

Glad I'm getting Fusion and Super Mario advance 4 for free as well as others Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Fusion, SMB3, Yoshi's Island and Super Circuit? Smilie

Now we just need Metroid Zero Mission and Zelda Minish Cap. Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.