3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

SuperLink said:
Aw ok I've done that. I guess we just wait.. I'm really excited for them especially since I heard one of them might be Golden Sun.

..Even tho I already have that.

I'm really hoping for Metroid: Zero Mission, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Minish Cap. The first two because I have never played them and the last one because it's epic.

Still, I'm glad we're getting Mario vs. DK. Never got a chance to play the original and I loved Donkey Kong on the GameBoy... so I'll love that too.

I just hope the full list of games is epic! The first 5 seem pretty awesome, considering I've never played Metroid Fusion or Mario vs. DK. I've only briefly played Mario Kart: Super Circuit and WarioWare. Yoshi's Island... well, that's just an epic game. Smilie

EDIT: Oh, it's good to have you back btw! Smilie

( Edited 19.09.2011 17:12 by Mush123 )

Mush123 said:

I'm really hoping for Metroid: Zero Mission, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Minish Cap. The first two because I have never played them and the last one because it's epic.

Still, I'm glad we're getting Mario vs. DK. Never got a chance to play the original and I loved Donkey Kong on the GameBoy... so I'll love that too.

I just hope the full list of games is epic! The first 5 seem pretty awesome, considering I've never played Metroid Fusion or Mario vs. DK. I've only briefly played Mario Kart: Super Circuit and WarioWare. Yoshi's Island... well, that's just an epic game. Smilie

EDIT: Oh, it's good to have you back btw! Smilie

Omg I really hope we get Amazing Mirror too, that's the Kirby game I'd like to play the most..

As for the revealed ones I'm not a big fan of Super Circuit a t a l l but I've never had the original WarioWare so I'm really excited about that. Metroid Fusion is my favourite Metroid game so it's brilliant that more people will have access to it.

And yes it's good to see you all~

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Does anyone know why the screen brightness goes even brighter only when the charger is on? I wanna play with that brightness without it plugged in.

Our member of the week

Az'> Maybe you have the energy saving mode turned on ? (it's only active when playing on battery, which would explain why it's brighter for you only when the charger is plugged in).

Anyway, came to post this, because it cracked me up (not that I'm a fan of Tekken or anything)

( Edited 19.09.2011 23:42 by Kafei2006 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Nah energy saving is off. Try it. Plug the charger in and see the brightness go up a notch. Brightness level is on level 5 and it still goes brighter. Really don't get it. If it's not happening for others it's a bit of a strange one.

That was a great vid btw.

Azuardo said:
Nah energy saving is off. Try it. Plug the charger in and see the brightness go up a notch. Brightness level is on level 5 and it still goes brighter. Really don't get it. If it's not happening for others it's a bit of a strange one.

That was a great vid btw.

Dude, I think that's even described in the Nintendo 3DS instruction booklet, hehe. It just gets an extra jolt of power I guess, so the screen goes brighter. Happens to me as well. It should happen to every 3DS if that's the case, so you shouldn't worry unless it doesn't turn brighter Smilie

Also, that was one awesome little video. I'm really looking forward to Tekken Prime; Hope it doesn't disappoint like SFIV disappointed me =/.

( Edited 20.09.2011 02:32 by Faust D. Strooijer )

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Ah cheers for confirming. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to play with that level of brightness without it plugged in. We'd probably only have an hour of battery then though!

Direct-feed trailer of KH: Dream Drop Distance. I'll newsie it when someone Youtubes it.

Can't wait for this one. Smilie

Our member of the week

It's up on Dailymotion, Shane :

The Tokyo Game Show trailer for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance showed a cameo appearance from The World Ends With You main character Neku. Is this just an innocent cameo, or is Square Enix hinting at something more?

In an interview in this week's Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura, one of the key creative forces behind the game, hints at the latter. Responding to a question about a sequel, Nomura said that Neku's appearance could be taken as notice of something to come, adding that something is being worked on.

Nomura didn't use the phrase "sequel," nor did he directly say that a new game is in the works. But we'll take his comments as an indication that one of Square Enix's most critically acclaimed games of the current generation has a good chance of seeing a revival outside of Neku's appearance in the new Kingdom Hearts.

from Andriasang

If there's really a sequel to The World Ends With You on the way... OMFG Smilie *explodes in excitement*

Our member of the week

It'll be a remake for the PSVita and we all know it Smilie.

Kafei2006 said:
It'll be a remake for the PSVita and we all know it Smilie.
*cough* Killjoy... *cough cough* Smilie

( Edited 21.09.2011 10:59 by SirLink )

Omg that would be so cool and I'm especially happy because a lot of people thought a new TWEWY game wouldn't feature Neku.
If they're working on something TWEWY related I absolutely can't wait to see what it is! Smilie

EDIT: They'll call it The World Ends With Two ;DDD

( Edited 21.09.2011 11:04 by SuperLink )

Just saw some new screens of Green Hill on Sonic Stadium, and they are looking much better than the older build of the game. Plus Radical Highway is a stage in the 3DS version, so that will look epic boosting along that stage. Ugh, bring on November so I can be screaming like a little girl would do for Christmas.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999
Our member of the week

Super Sonic said:
Plus Radical Highway is a stage in the 3DS version, so that will look epic boosting along that stage.

Do we know if City Escape will be part of it ? If it is, then I'm sold Smilie.

( Edited 21.09.2011 11:34 by Kafei2006 )

Kafei2006 said:

Do we know if City Escape will be part of it ? If it is, then I'm sold Smilie.

It's not, City Escape will be in the HD version and the 3DS version has Radical Highway instead.

I am puzzled by that mysterious cutscene where there is a reflection of classic Sonic in a mirror when Modern Sonic is in front of it. Emerald Coast I have a feeling will be great and Sky Sanctuary just looks gdhgbdgdgjkder.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Bravely Default screens.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Azuardo said:
Bravely Default screens.

Those screens look pretty darned shweeet. I love the pre-redendered environments. It'll probably look like a story-book come to life, hehe.

Also, what's with the Final Fantasy enemies? XD

They're not FF enemies but the confusion is understandable. The artstyle is remarkably similar to Yoshida's so I'm pretty sure he's the one designing all the characters and such.

In a similar vein apparently the gameplay is reminiscent of FFV's battle and job system which means it's automatically amazing.

So basically I can't wait!

( Edited 21.09.2011 23:06 by SuperLink )

Our member of the week

Faust D. Strooijer said:
Those screens look pretty darned shweeet. I love the pre-redendered environments.

There seems to be lots of perspective and parallax effects into them.

It almost seems like it's real-time to me, and not pre-rendered, looking closely . I actually wonder how you would make the the 3D effect work if it's pre-rendered, I don't even think that's possible, or maybe then you would only be able to turn on the 3D effect but not adjust depth since that requires what's on screen to be generated by the console and not pre-rendered.

Look at this video at 3:31 :

Take a close look at the bar and see how the perspective slightly changes as the camera moves to the left (it only lasts like 4 seconds so that's hard to spot). That could only be achieved in real-time.

( Edited 21.09.2011 23:27 by Kafei2006 )

SuperLink said:
They're not FF enemies but the confusion is understandable. The artstyle is remarkably similar to Yoshida's so I'm pretty sure he's the one designing all the characters and such.

In a similar vein apparently the gameplay is reminiscent of FFV's battle and job system which means it's automatically amazing.

So basically I can't wait!

Not confused at all, and it's not just a case of them being similar.
Some of the enemy-types are nearly identical to their FF: Heroes of Light versions, braaah. Notable the pig, single ghost, and the fish.

@ Kafei: I saw the scrolling and such, pre-rendered wasn't really the right choice of words I guess.
I just meant it doesn't look like completely polygonal/textural in nature. Even if they were 'hand-drawn' textures they still wouldn't look this crisp.

Also, that bit with the lava and such is one of few parts that does look to be mostly polygon-based, and it's also the one bit that seems to lag a bit, making me think the rest of it is just trickery, really Smilie

Ah nvm, I can't properly explain what I mean anyway Smilie

Well there were some people saying this was originally down to be the sequel to 4 Heroes of Light but ended up becoming Bravely Default, so the enemies looking similar probably gives those rumours some more truth and makes a bit of sense.

Our member of the week

Yep, some are from 4 Heroes of Light, and some reminded me of enemies from Chocobo Dungeon on Wii, also.

Mario kart 3ds is amazing!!! just played it at eurogamer!!! can't wait for this!!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.