3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Ok, I admit I was wrong. Colour me impressed, I played some of the upcoming titles at Eurogamer (Mario, Kart, Kid Icarus) and they seem really good. I'll hang onto it for the Christmas period I think.

What was Kid Icarus like? I keep hearing complaints about it's controls but if it controls anything like Metroid Prime Hunters then it should be great.

It controls exactly like metroid prime hunters. Having the slide pad takes the pressure off the hand as well so no cramp Smilie

Kid icarus is meant to be a game where little is more like metroid! there is just too much going on, its lost it's charm of the original!

I love my 3DS but at the same time, I do regret selling my DSi for it. D: I feel like there's not that much going for it, and it has pointless little features that wont really provide much use, let alone fun. But I'm glad I got it. I'm just waiting for more games. Then again, I feel like Nintendo is always doing that to us. Promising something great, but first we have to get the system first.... D: I do want Kid Icarus though.

Nilavae said:
I love my 3DS but at the same time, I do regret selling my DSi for it. D:

Don't feel bad. Pretty much everything the DSi has the 3DS can do. it makes sense to trade up.

Confession: I traded in 15 games to buy my 3DS. (And then came the price cut...)
*sob*

I really loved the little flipnote hatena though! And I also had a Red DSi XL. ;A; It was such a huge canvas to work with. ;A; I used it all the time and made silly little movies on it that are thankfully saved on a little SD card. Still, I'm waiting to see what 3Ds will come out for animations. I know they're supposedly working on something, right?

Nilavae said:
I really loved the little flipnote hatena though! And I also had a Red DSi XL. ;A; It was such a huge canvas to work with. ;A; I used it all the time and made silly little movies on it that are thankfully saved on a little SD card. Still, I'm waiting to see what 3Ds will come out for animations. I know they're supposedly working on something, right?
Flipnote Memo for the 3DS was confirmed to be in development quite a while ago.. though I haven't heard anything else about it since then. So, whether they're still working on it is beyond me.

The trailers that were shown at the Japanese Nintendo Conference 2011 are now on the eShop in 3D. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising all look amazing. Make sure you subscribe to each game to receive notifications about them.

Wow, those actually look really good unlike those crappy trailers from E3. Can't wait for all those games (well, except for Mario Tennis)! Smilie Such a shame that the Fire Emblem trailer isn't in there though...I guess that means that it's not decided yet whether it's going to get localised. :/ I really hope it does, along with the DS game we have yet to get.

I'll keep those on my 3DS and show them to a couple of friends. Maybe I can get one of them to buy a 3DS as well. XD

( Edited 29.09.2011 16:18 by SirLink )

SirLink said:
(well, except for Mario Tennis)!

But Mario Tennis is a legendary game, it's so much fun with 4 players.

SirLink said:
Such a shame that the Fire Emblem trailer isn't in there though...I guess that means that it's not decided yet whether it's going to get localised. :/ I really hope it does, along with the DS game we have yet to get.

Oh crap, I didn't realise that. =/

On a more positive note, I just found out that there's no limit to the number of channel blocks you have on the 3DS home screen because an extra 20 empty blocks were added to my 3DS home screen after I downloaded the trailers. Seems like Nintendo has learnt from their mistake they made on Wii.Smilie

@L: That may be true, but I rather go for Mario Kart for some Mario multiplayer fun (or even a good Mario Party game). Smilie I have enough games on my list as it stands too. Smilie It had to hit one of those. Smilie

I actually noticed that too with the number of channel blocks. I was wondering earlier what would happen when all of them are full and was surprised when I scrolled all the way to the right today. XD

( Edited 29.09.2011 22:24 by SirLink )

Four Swords is out.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

As is Super Mario Land 2. Such a nostalgia rush playing that game again. ^^

Glad to see those trailers up so soon, the last batch took months. Seeing that there's no third party game trailers this time though has got me thinking of whether those specific trailers last time were the reason why they took so long after E3, and whether we'll soon have more up for download (Dream Drop Distance in 3D, fuck yes please).

L said:
On a more positive note, I just found out that there's no limit to the number of channel blocks you have on the 3DS home screen because an extra 20 empty blocks were added to my 3DS home screen after I downloaded the trailers. Seems like Nintendo has learnt from their mistake they made on Wii.Smilie

You managed to fill up the original slots? What do you have on there? Smilie

( Edited 30.09.2011 13:18 by Mush123 )

I keep wanting to buy a game, but there's hardly anything out on 3DS yet. It looks like there's gonna be a flood of great games shortly though. Then I'll change to complaining I haven't got enough money for all of them. Haha.Smilie

Watching the 3D gameplay trailers, I think Luigi's Mantion 2 uses the 3D the most effectively, better than Super Mario Land 3D in my opinion.

The plastic on my 3DS's screen bezel has started to flake off near the D-Pad...

Sending it in for repair, anyone know how long they take?

( Edited 02.10.2011 18:45 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:

I haven't had that happen, but I'm annoyed because there are loads of bad scratches on the upper screen,because it touches the bottom part of the console when it's closed. Not impressed. I always take great care with my consoles & every time I play on my 3DS it annoys me!

Trepe said:
Squidboy said:

I haven't had that happen, but I'm annoyed because there are loads of bad scratches on the upper screen,because it touches the bottom part of the console when it's closed. Not impressed. I always take great care with my consoles & every time I play on my 3DS it annoys me!

You should call up the service centre, if it's under warranty they're obliged to replace the screen and hinge to prevent that from happening.

I know what you mean:

http://www.giantbomb.com/nintendo-3ds/60-117/3ds-bezel-plastic-flakes-off/35-517332/#3

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

I don't have the problem where it scratches the top screen when the 3DS is closed. I do however have the Circle Pad mark, on the top screen. The mark isn't permanent though, I can easily just wipe it off with my cleaning cloth.

Nintendo should've added small protectors around the screen to avoid the Circle Pad coming into contact with the top half of the 3DS and to prevent the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen. But, oh well. Smilie

( Edited 03.10.2011 01:02 by Mush123 )

Mush123 said:
I don't have the problem where it scratches the top screen when the 3DS is closed. I do however have the Circle Pad mark, on the top screen. The mark isn't permanent though, I can easily just wipe it off with my cleaning cloth.

Nintendo should've added small protectors around the screen to avoid the Circle Pad coming into contact with the top half of the 3DS and to prevent the bottom screen coming into contact with the top screen. But, oh well. Smilie

Screen protectors only make this issue worse as they bring the point of contact even closer than it is already, and they make glare even worse...

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Mush123 said:
You managed to fill up the original slots? What do you have on there? Smilie

Just 2 Gameboy games and everything that was free on the eshop.

Travis on 3DS and PSVita, could happen...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-suda51-and-the-rise-of-grasshopper-manufacture-interview

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
Screen protectors only make this issue worse as they bring the point of contact even closer than it is already, and they make glare even worse...

By protectors, I mean "lines" that stick out around the edge of the top half. Kind of like what's seen on most laptops to prevent the keys coming into contact with the screen. I'm aware that standard screen protectors would only make things worse.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.