3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Our member of the week

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I've watched that trailer several times already and it's looking really interesting! Smilie All I need is some actual gameplay footage and I'm sold, given that it does get a localisation. Smilie

I've also read about another new, online-heavy game Marvelous has in the works which is currently codenamed Dragon Marked for Death. Yoshifumi Hashimoto, who worked on many Rune Factory games and Muramasa: The Demon Blade before, has stated that

the online is going to be amazing, but we can’t announce anything else right now, though.

Next year is certainly looking to be a very interesting one for the 3DS. Smilie Can't wait to see how things turn out.

( Edited 06.10.2011 10:42 by SirLink )

That game is surprisingly interesting. It won't be the first Japanese game I want. Fire Emblem 3DS is on my list, too.

So... the 3DS has another software flaw. A few days ago, my system reset its time and date by itself. I've also seen other people reporting the same problem and have had it happen more times than me.

( Edited 11.10.2011 11:50 by Marzy )

Our member of the week

I've seen the step counter sometimes resetting itself in the middle of day, personally. Strangely enough it retained how many coins I had already earned that day though, not allowing me to use that to get more than 10 coins a day.

On one occasion, it resetted itself, I made more steps and could see that it had counted the new steps from zero... And later on during the day, the steps I got before it reset itself were added to those I got after Smilie ...

Haven't had that problem for a while though, and I can't recall if the last time it happened was before or after the last firmware update.

Has anyone heard anything about an European release date for Bit Trip Saga or Complete so far? Randomly seeing it while browsing GameRankings reminded me that I still need to play those games, so I want to buy one of those collections. Bit Trip Saga for the 3DS would be ideal since it's portable and I need a couple of 3DS games for when I'm on the go. It would be a shame if neither of those collections got a release here. Smilie

@Marzy: Eh, wouldn't that be a software flaw?

( Edited 11.10.2011 11:20 by SirLink )

Our member of the week

SirLink said:
Has anyone heard anything about an European release date for Bit Trip Saga or Complete so far? Randomly seeing it while browsing GameRankings reminded me that I still need to play those games, so I want to buy one of those collections. Bit Trip Saga for the 3DS would be ideal since it's portable and I need a couple of 3DS games for when I'm on the go. It would be a shame if neither of those collections got a release here. Smilie

One of the guys responsible on the Aksys Games website mentioned that "They've never let down their European fans", but no firm release date so far.

If I were you, I'd look towards Bit Trip Complete on Wii rather than Saga on 3DS, because the 3DS version reportedly doesn't control as well.

And having played Bit Trip Beat on Wiiware where you must tilt the Wii remote to control the paddle on screen, I can't imagine it working right on 3DS with either the circle pad (just the thought of it makes me shiver) or by tilting the system (defies the point of making it 3D and even in 2D mode there's no way you would be able to retain your concentration if you have to tilt the system (and consequently the screen with it) as a control method.

Lastly, the Wii version has bonus content that's completely missing from the 3DS version.

EDIT : wasn't aware of what Marzy mentioned in the next post.

( Edited 11.10.2011 11:41 by Kafei2006 )

You can move the paddle using the stylus on the touchscreen, which is reportedly much quicker and precise than tilting the Wii Remote.

The 3DS version does suffer slowdown though, so I'd go with the Wii version too.

( Edited 11.10.2011 11:40 by Marzy )

Hm, it's gonna be a tough one. On the one hand, the bonus content makes the Wii version much more attractive, but on the other hand I can't really picture myself sitting down and playing them on the Wii. :/ They just scream portable to me. I guess I should wait with making up my mind about it though, since they both still have no release date.

( Edited 11.10.2011 12:22 by SirLink )

Got my 3DS back from repair today, Nintendo didn't charge me anything for replacing it's flaking bezel. They seem to have inserted a completely new bottom half, with new Slide Pad, D-Pad and bezel. I think the frosty toned note I included in the package saw to that.

(3rd 3DS repair in six months)

I bought Super Mario Land 2 & Gargoyles Quest. I'm hoping I can spend the £4 I have left on something cool in the coming months.

( Edited 11.10.2011 12:56 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

3DS Renegade Remake Videos here: http://www.giantbomb.com/renegade/61-18293/renegade-remake-3ds-videos/35-519794/#1

( Edited 17.10.2011 17:59 by Marzy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

No bikes? :[

A leaked image suggests a 3DS sequel to Solatorobo

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Ubisoft suck so bad...

Ugly art style.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744
Our member of the week

They merely followed the style of the movie. Blame Spielberg for that !

The SNES games had a much better art style IMHO (although they weren't exactly "good" games XD), much closer to the comics and animated series.

( Edited 19.10.2011 09:22 by Kafei2006 )

There's another 3DS conference in 2 days on the 21st October which will discuss Mario Kart's online abilities and the November update. The conference is going to be streamed as well; Link.

Kafei2006 said:
They merely followed the style of the movie. Blame Spielberg for that !

The SNES games had a much better art style IMHO (although they weren't exactly "good" games XD), much closer to the comics and animated series.

Yea, I know, but I think they should have reverted to the classic style for all the videogames. I was hoping so when I heard about the game early last year.

I'm a big fan of the series, I grew up reading the books. I hope to visit the museum one day.

We have a store in London's Covent Garden.

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Ugh, IGN does it again.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/121/1210474p1.html

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744
Our member of the week

Squidboy said:
Yea, I know, but I think they should have reverted to the classic style for all the videogames. I was hoping so when I heard about the game early last year.

I'm a big fan of the series, I grew up reading the books. I hope to visit the museum one day.

We have a store in London's Covent Garden.

These stores can be found in most major cities in my country. The stuff they sell is always ridiculously expensive though :/. By the way, anyone willing to get into the series should buy Tintin in Congo when they still can. It'll become a collector when it gets banned from stores for being racist.

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Those are pretty cool!

The Mario one is art.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Harvest Moon 3DS

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Seems like Tales of the Abyss got delayed in Europe as well, however according to Electronic Theatre it has only been pushed back to an unspecified 2011 release date. Its previous release date was November 25 this year, which is right inbetween Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Makes sense for them to delay it a bit, but hopefully to mid December and not somewhere early next year like in the US.

( Edited 25.10.2011 09:09 by SirLink )

Our member of the week

I read about this last night. This and One Piece Unlimited Adventure SP are being delayed by Namco Bandai, but I read 2012 and not later in 2011 :/.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jesusraz

There are 2 members online at the moment.