3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

As long as it comes in early 2012 I don't really mind.

New Mario Kart 7 European Trailer

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Loving the look of the new items Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101
Our member of the week

I had never seen the Lakitu driving a Kart before. Nice addition Smilie

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Good news everyone!...or bad news depending on how many games you plan to pick up next month. One of Namco Bandai's PR guys has confirmed that the odd report was wrong and Tales of the Abyss is still set for a November 25 release this year.

Contrary to the odd report yesterday, tales of the abyss has not been delayed in europe. Still 25th nov.

Source: Twitter

I never even heard it was delayed.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

That's understandable, as those reports simply came out of nowhere. Smilie

( Edited 25.10.2011 16:59 by SirLink )

LKR000 said:

It's just the fire flower that worries me. Looks really spammable.

Ifrit XXII said:
LKR000 said:

It's just the fire flower that worries me. Looks really spammable.

So long as they fix the ridiculous blue-shell spamming of MK Wii, I think I can deal with that. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

The blue shell in MK7 is back to its MK64 iteration; running along the ground hitting everyone in its way instead of just going straight to first, so that's an improvement. Plus, with online friend matches, you can choose which items to allow. Smilie

Phoenixus said:
The blue shell in MK7 is back to its MK64 iteration; running along the ground hitting everyone in its way instead of just going straight to first, so that's an improvement. Plus, with online friend matches, you can choose which items to allow. Smilie

Oh that is much better! Yay for balance.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I finally did it... I gave in and preordered Cave Story 3D. It will be my first time playing Cave Story, so I'm pretty excited.

My November now consists of Cave Story on the 11th, Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land on the 18th and Sonic Generations on the 25th. With each release just a week apart from each other, I'm going to have to balance out which games I play. Obviously Skyward Sword is top priority though. Smilie

UPDATE: I just now recieved a SpotPass notification from the eShop that informed me about Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary... isn't it a little late to inform me now? Or did I just recieve the notification later than others?

( Edited 27.10.2011 19:28 by Mush123 )

Loving this, especially the violin part and the song in the beginning!

( Edited 28.10.2011 13:28 by SirLink )

Kind of old news, but I haven't seen anyone post anything about it. Found it whilst I was browsing Nicalis' site. http://blog.nicalis.com/2011/10/vvvvvv-coming-to-3dddddd/

I've never actually played VVVVVV so maybe I'll get it when it comes to the eShop. I've heard good things about it. Smilie

Lots of new (and exciting) information about Super Mario 3D Land has been revealed in the latest Iwata Asks. There are just a TON of details on Nintendo Everything, so I just picked the one I found the most interesting.

According to that Iwata Asks, Super Mario 3D Land is going to have content comparable to Galaxy, with the amount of bonus stages almost equal in number to the game's main stages. These special stages have all kinds of things, like fast-paced scrolling, continuous enemies, or the Cosmic Clone enemies to make things more difficult. There are also going to be levels similar to normal 3D Mario levels where you have to find the star, collect red coins etc. There are also some new stages among the special ones.

I think that should dispel any doubts people might have about the amount of content in the game...unless some wanted even more. Smilie

Oh and..

- Long jump wasn’t included originally, but Miyamoto wanted it in the game

Thanks Miyamoto! Smilie I constantly did Long jumps in the Galaxy games and would have had to completely change my playstyle if it was missing.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/3ds-firmware-update-confirmed-arriving-december-uk Looks like we have to wait... :/

Some clarification on how Mario Kart 7's online communities work:
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/121/1210362p1.html

Nintendo will also host a new online feature called Communities. Communities are online groups formed around customizable play styles, and provide players with options to determine which karts, power-ups and tracks will appear in their community's online matches. If you only want to play with lighter karts at 150cc, there can be a Community for that. If you prefer 50cc races only on a Luigi's Mansion DS track, there can be a Community for that, too. Creating a Community generates a 14-digit code, which can be shared with other players. Unless otherwise specified by the Community creator, they will also be visible publicly, and all of them will include online leaderboards.

The top 100 most active Communities will be hosted on the Mario Kart Channel, which is accessible from Mario Kart 7's main menu. Players will also have the opportunity to trade Community information while interacting with other players via Street Pass. Any time another player is nearby, Street Pass can activate to exchange Player Cards, which contain the number of races a player has participated in, their win and loss record, how many coins they've collected, ghost data, Mii racers, Community information, and more. Players will have the option to keep this information private via privacy settings. Once data is exchanged, players can later race with the people they've encountered via Street Pass through the 3DS's online modes.

Nintendo will also create its own Communities, which will be distributed via Spot Pass. If a player's 3DS is in sleep mode and connected to Wi-Fi, Spot Pass will push new Communities, ghost data and other information to them automatically (assuming they've activated the Spot Pass feature for Mario Kart 7). Up to twenty new ghosts will be sent this way each day, spread amongst the game's 32 tracks. Ghosts will more or less be matched with your skill level to keep things competitive. Downloaded information will appear on the 3DS home screen, similar to videos downloaded via Nintendo Video.

Right. First person to pick up MK7 on this site has to create a Cubed3 Community Group. Agreed? Smilie

That's the only thing that bothers me. We could theoretically create a large community. I mean, imagine bigger forums like Neogaf or something. Is it only the group creator that can edit rules for the entire thing? What if the guy never comes back to it? I guess we'll find out how things work soon enough.

Phoenixus said:
Right. First person to pick up MK7 on this site has to create a Cubed3 Community Group. Agreed? Smilie

I've already preordered MK7, I could make up a community when it arrives, if you want?

If you like Mush, that'll be brill. Could do with some kind of official thread too...Smilie

Phoenixus said:
If you like Mush, that'll be brill. Could do with some kind of official thread too...Smilie
I'll probably make the thread along with the community. Unless of course somebody else wants to?

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Something I have been thinking about quite a bit. We haven't heard anything from Nintendo about the Flipnote Studio for 3DS in a while. So... is Swapnote what we're getting instead? Because, if it is.. that's pretty crap. I'd like to see an animation/flipbook studio as well as this messaging service they are providing.

( Edited 31.10.2011 18:30 by Mush123 )

So like the YuGiOh nerd I am I've been doing a little research on the 3DS game Konami are reported to be making, and lookie what I found!

Image for

Admittedly its all mostly speculative, but quite grounded; the game will most likely be based on that new Zexal series (hense a revamp of gameplay mechanics explaining why the game is taking so long), and it'll be out in Feb in Japan to co-inside with the booster packs represented in the game. Excite!

( Edited 10.11.2011 20:11 by Phoenixus )

I think it says "Aim for Japan's best dualists" at the top. (nihonichi no 'duerisuto' wo mezase)

The rest of the Japanese text reads:

"Yu-gi-oh Zexal";
(Yugio 'zearu')

"Official card game"
('ofisharu kado gemu')

"Konami Tournament".
(Konami 'tonamento')

If you were curious.

( Edited 13.11.2011 10:48 by keith )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.