3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Ikana said:
That's what I thought at first, but a quick google suggested otherwise. Smilie

Yeah I heard about that
Jesus it's even more ridiculous than having London Life taken out of the EU version of Layton 4. How the hell can half of the game be missing?

I really hope this doesn't become a regular thing during localisations, I think people would rather wait a little longer than have content omitted completely.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

The stupid thing is it's only on a 2gb card. If it didn't fit why not use a 4gb card?

That means that I'm not getting it then. It's a shame, and a really stupid decision on their part.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I REALLY hope they don't screw up the localisation for One Piece Pirate Warriors on PS3 now... it looks amazing.

Ikana said:
The stupid thing is it's only on a 2gb card. If it didn't fit why not use a 4gb card?

Most likly Scamco trying to save money as bigger cards tend to be more expensive.

They should have just waited untill Cart capacity was cheap enough to use.

That said they could have done a budget release for each title

Sell Episode 1 for £20 then Episode 2 for £20 some months later, selling each episode as a stand alone game full price is dickery of the highest order.

( Edited 08.02.2012 23:20 by Mr James2t3 )

It's coming...

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744
Our member of the week

Online for the west would be awesome Smilie, and would definitely make up for the long wait. You can bet the upgraded version we would get then would be re-released in Japan under a different moniker, like they did with Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer
Image for

Very nice. Smilie

Phoenixus said:
Image for

Very nice. Smilie

Very Kingdom Hearts-y indeed. Here's hoping the rumours of a relatively quick localisation are true x-x I'm so excited for it.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Coming from the Nicalis Twitter...

Hey Europe, we fixed one last bug (Gravitron, you bastard) and your version of VVVVVV is getting to Nintendo this week. cc: @terrycavanagh

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Super Mario Bros. Ambassador NES game has now been updated to support Restore Points. It seems a lot of the 3DS apps/games have updates, shame the "Available Updates" section doesn't seem to be working properly, so you have to go through "Titles You've Downloaded" and download all the games with a "Update Available" above the title.

I think this is only for UK/Europe (maybe Australia) at the moment, and SMB is the only NES Ambassador game outside of Japan to get this feature so far. All of the others will come soon, hopefully. With this update, the sound effect when you put the selector over the icon has now changed to a NES sound effect, rather than the short snippet of music that played before. It also has a 3D NES on the top screen and under the game title it now tells you which year the game was originally released in.

( Edited 14.02.2012 11:06 by Mush123 )

Japanese eShop Releases

3DS Downloadable Titles
- nintendogs + cats Demo (10 plays) �" FREE
- New Love Plus Tools �" 200 yen
- Tobidasu Puricula Print Club Kiradeco Revolution (three sets) �" 100 yen each

Virtual Console
- Hoshi no Kirby 2 (Kirby’s Dream Land 2) �" 400 yen

Video Content
- two videos fro Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

( Edited 16.02.2012 08:59 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Mush123 said:
Super Mario Bros. Ambassador NES game has now been updated to support Restore Points. It seems a lot of the 3DS apps/games have updates, shame the "Available Updates" section doesn't seem to be working properly, so you have to go through "Titles You've Downloaded" and download all the games with a "Update Available" above the title.

I think this is only for UK/Europe (maybe Australia) at the moment, and SMB is the only NES Ambassador game outside of Japan to get this feature so far. All of the others will come soon, hopefully. With this update, the sound effect when you put the selector over the icon has now changed to a NES sound effect, rather than the short snippet of music that played before. It also has a 3D NES on the top screen and under the game title it now tells you which year the game was originally released in.

It makes a mockery of their intent to make things easy, I've just looked in there to find tens of games that need updates, and what makes matters worse is that not all of them can be downloaded in sleep mode.

Still shit, just about covers it /

( Edited 16.02.2012 12:03 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
It makes a mockery of their intent to make things easy, I've just looked in there to find tens of games that need updates, and what makes matters worse is that not all of them can be downloaded in sleep mode.

Yeah, hopefully they'll fix the available updates section soon. I had NO idea that there were any updates, until I found out SMB got the Restore Point update. I reckon they should have a similar update system to the iPhone, where it tells you how many games/apps have been updated and you have the option to "update all". What's the point in having an "Available Updates" section when it isn't even functional yet? :/

Anyon try the MGS3 demo on the eShop? It's a wee bit rubbish.

Mush123 said:
Squidboy said:

Yeah, hopefully they'll fix the available updates section soon. I had NO idea that there were any updates, until I found out SMB got the Restore Point update. I reckon they should have a similar update system to the iPhone, where it tells you how many games/apps have been updated and you have the option to "update all". What's the point in having an "Available Updates" section when it isn't even functional yet? :/

Not even a simple notification to inform the audience, that's my gripe. I don't mind if they have problems at the back end, as long as they inform their users.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

eShop is down, what a surprise.. It's becoming a regular feature when a high profile demo hits.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
eShop is down, what a surprise.. It's becoming a regular feature when a high profile demo hits.
I'm sure things will get better. They definitely have improved since the Wii Shop. There's still a lot of room for improvement, though. Smilie

Yeah like properly organizing the eShop instead of the spread out mess it is currently. I don't care if Nintendo thinls it's more "fun", they need to take some ques from the psn as to how better organize their library for people who know what they want but can't find it.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

I gave Metal Gear Solid 3D a try, but didn't really like it. That was expected though, since I'm not really into the Metal Gear Solid series. I didn't get on with the controls, it really needs the circle pad pro for camera movement and the frame-rate is choppy.

As for the eShop, it's always worked fine for me. I've never had any problem connecting to it. I personally think it's well organised, more so than PSN and it looks more appealing. What's easier than just typing in the game you want into the search box? It's right on the front page for convenience.

( Edited 16.02.2012 19:13 by Marzy )

How about letter based organisation Marzy? Sure you can search by genere, but you need to dive into a fairly burried menu in order to access that feature. Though searching by developer is nice & niether XBLA or PSN showcase that ao I'll give Nintendo credit for doing that first on the Wii.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Etrian O IV

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/etrian-odyssey-iv-is-coming-to-the-3ds-on-the-5th-of-july#more-611554120

New Megamam news incoming later today

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man/go/thread/view/7461/28939381/2K_Games_Making_A_Megaman_Game?sdb=1

( Edited 22.02.2012 06:32 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.