3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I'm not a fan of Mario Tennis (or Strikers) gameplay style (special moves etc), but I do love this.

Yeah that is pretty cool, but I won't be buying it either
Simply not interested in Mario Sports games, just don't have a love for tennis, golf or sports in general to spend £25-£35 on games dedicated to a single sport.

Especially with the RPG mode thrown out, seems rather barebones.

( Edited 09.05.2012 20:25 by Mr James2t3 )

Not entirly 3DS related but since it can play DS games aswell I thought I'd put it here.

Diamond Trust of London A Video Games project in Davis, CA by Jason Rohrer

I want Fire Emblem like you wouldn't believe.

Smilie

Bravely Default battle theme:

I like it.

L said:
Bravely Default battle theme:

I like it.

Thanks a lot, now I have that music stuck in my head and want the game even more. Smilie

( Edited 11.05.2012 19:45 by SirLink )

Cool sounding battle music, who is doing the music for this game?

"Each week Nintendo makes available a mix of Nintendo eShop, Virtual Console, WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare games. Combined, these services currently provide gamers with hundreds of fun and interesting downloadable games to choose from. There is no preset schedule as to how many games will become available in a given week, but many more are on the way via all of these digital-delivery systems." - Nintendo statement

Linkyshinks said:
"Each week Nintendo makes available a mix of Nintendo eShop, Virtual Console, WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare games. Combined, these services currently provide gamers with hundreds of fun and interesting downloadable games to choose from. There is no preset schedule as to how many games will become available in a given week, but many more are on the way via all of these digital-delivery systems." - Nintendo statement

Is this recent? Why did they feel the need to make that statment?

( Edited 13.05.2012 16:49 by Mr James2t3 )

This week in North America. I guess someone either complained, or asked nicely how they go about selecting titles.

edit: It was born from a complaint about the lacklustre selection in North America

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/noa-responds-to-complaints-of-lackluster-3ds-eshop-support

( Edited 13.05.2012 17:21 by Linkyshinks )

F-Zero 3DX

Fan made Smilie

( Edited 16.05.2012 21:49 by Linkyshinks )

Capcom Bringing ExTrooper to 3DS, a Lost Planet spin-Off action shooter.

http://andriasang.com/con10y/capcom_extroopers/

- shooting game for PS3 and 3DS
- involves producer Shintaro Kojima of the Monster Hunter series
- shares the same world view as Lost Planet
- anime visual style
- school-themed story
- looks like a science fiction Justice Gakuen
- game uses a "manga demo" event system between stages
- Capcom will be using May'n for the game's theme song

Order Up!! 3DS Demo hits on May 24th (great game on Wii)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30153

( Edited 16.05.2012 05:24 by Linkyshinks )

No awesome LE for Europe (Kingdom Hearts 3D)

Sadly, Rayman Origins on 3DS suffers from poor resolution and is far too small to be able to see the amazing visuals. It also suffers from a slower framerate and the sound is fuzzy/muffled in places.

As someone who loved Rayman Origins to bits, I urge you to get it on another system to fully be able to appreciate just how good it is. You'll also be able to pick it up far cheaper than the 3DS version.

( Edited 17.05.2012 14:55 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
Sadly, Rayman Origins on 3DS suffers from poor resolution and is far too small to be able to see the amazing visuals. It also suffers from a slower framerate and the sound is fuzzy/muffled in places.

As someone who loved Rayman Origins to bits, I urge you to get it on another system to fully be able to appreciate just how good it is. You'll also be able to pick it up far cheaper than the 3DS version.

After playing the demo on both 360 and 3DS, the only thing I could notice on the 3DS is that it's basically like playing the game on a smaller screen. I didn't notice the slower framerate and the sound seems great to me.

Graphics are definitely blurry and grainy on 3DS. Sound does its best but comes out 'tinny' on its little speakers. HD versions will always be the superior ones. Only someone who doesn't have an HD console should go for the 3DS vers.

I'm pretty sure Rayman feels stiffer and less responsive to control, as well.

Of course, I'm comparing this to the Vita version, but I presumed the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions would be just as good, if not better. Either way, the frame rate is definitely slower than on PS Vita.

This 3DS port feels lacklustre to me, in comparison.

I just played Shooting Me Softly on the 3DS demo.. and wow. It looks great to me, I see what Michel Ancel was saying when he said it looks "Really cool" on the 3DS. So, I guess I'm the only one who didn't really have any problems with the 3DS demo? Smilie

At first I thought "Wow, Rayman is tiny" but then I was like "Actually, this is pretty good."

I'm still torn between getting the 360/Wii version or the 3DS one. I may get it on 360 and 3DS eventually. Not too sure yet.

( Edited 17.05.2012 19:06 by Mush123 )

That's fine if you think it looks good. But it's still obviously nowhere near as clear and gorgeous as the HD versions. Doesn't do the art style justice.

Azuardo said:
That's fine if you think it looks good. But it's still obviously nowhere near as clear and gorgeous as the HD versions. Doesn't do the art style justice.
I never said it did look as good as the HD versions. Smilie

Fair enough.

"The only thing I could notice on the 3DS is that it's basically like playing the game on a smaller screen"

made me think you thought it looked just as good since you didn't say anything about it. That's one of the first things I noticed.

Looks like Origins will be the first dual eShop/Retail release if this is anything to go by.

The full version of the game will be available at retailers and online on June 5, 2012.

Could just mean that its available to buy from retailers online, but the game's release date is the exact same day as Nintendo's E3 press conference, so who knows.

( Edited 17.05.2012 20:43 by Phoenixus )

Azuardo said:
Fair enough.

"The only thing I could notice on the 3DS is that it's basically like playing the game on a smaller screen"

made me think you thought it looked just as good since you didn't say anything about it. That's one of the first things I noticed.

Well, that's what it is. They've basically taken a 1080p game and shrunk it down for the 3DS' screen... obviously this made the game lose quality in the process. It doesn't look THAT bad to me, but I can see why people don't like the look of it. Like I said, I'll probably end up getting a console version and the 3DS version. (Not at the same time, just eventually.)

( Edited 18.05.2012 10:09 by Mush123 )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.