3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Yoshi's Island 3DS - happy a game is coming, but disappointed by the rough looking visuals.

Very happy about Bravely Default's announcment. I just hope the awesome collectors edition Japan got is one of the first for 3DS in Europe.

New LttP - wow, cool mechanics, I think. Visuals looks kinda weird though, really not sure about that art style...

( Edited 17.04.2013 15:39 by Linkyshinks )

Apparently Japan NDirect is being shown a new Zelda? Can anyone confirm? Why the heck isn't it on EU Direct?

( Edited 17.04.2013 16:27 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:
Apparently Japan NDirect is beng shown a new Zelda? Can anyone confirm? Why the heck isn't it on EU Direct?
Link to the Past 2 is confirmed. Smilie

SuperLink said:
Apparently Japan NDirect is beng shown a new Zelda? Can anyone confirm? Why the heck isn't it on EU Direct?

Just seen it, it looks weird, LttP with 3D effects when jumping. You can merge into the wall as a drawing of Link, who's in the same art-style as the WW story intro.

I'm not keen on the art-style...

Both Yoshi and LttF(?) look weird... dare I say, cheap looking. It's probably still early days with both games, but I don't like what I see of them now.

( Edited 17.04.2013 15:47 by Linkyshinks )

Ah I saw it! Holy shit I'm excited. The artstyle could be better, but more than anything I'm OVERJOYED that we have a new proper 2D Zelda with a Link that isn't Toon Link, SO SO HAPPY.

Overall that was a fantastic NDirect, Bravery Default, Earthbound, Yoshi's Island 3, Link to the Past 2, WOW.

It's a new Zelda. And it's in the LttP world. I'm happy.

I quite like that they keep trying different art styles with Zelda. I'm glad it's a LttP style Link, too. Tired of Toon Link and Adult Links that look the same. I've missed LttP/Oracle Link's hair XD

Yoshi's Island 3DS is great news. The graphics remind me of the original Yoshi's Story alpha. Should look much easier on the eye in your hands.

Hell yes at Bravely Default. Best.

( Edited 17.04.2013 16:00 by Azuardo )

SuperLink said:
Ah I saw it! Holy shit I'm excited. The artstyle could be better, but more than anything I'm OVERJOYED that we have a new proper 2D Zelda with a Link that isn't Toon Link, SO SO HAPPY.

Overall that was a fantastic NDirect, Bravery Default, Earthbound, Yoshi's Island 3, Link to the Past 2, WOW.

Best Nintendo Direct ever. Nintendo really want my money...

I liked the Wii U update features and that Guild game looked quite interesting, The Starship Damery.

The flying Pikmin are adorable. I loved seeing footage of them in action.

Marzy said:
I liked the Wii U update features and that Guild game looked quite interesting, The Starship Damery.

The flying Pikmin are adorable. I loved seeing footage of them in action.

I loved the reveal too, that was one cute animation when he wiggles his legs Smilie

I'm only disappointed by not seeing anything on the WW, but I guess they need to save much for E3 given what they'll have to contend with this year, with two console reveals. (US ND had Wii U content)

( Edited 17.04.2013 16:03 by Linkyshinks )

I am cautious of LttP2, however. LttP SNES was a defining moment for the series. One of the best. It has a lot to live up to, so I hope they really are taking their time with this and will only release it when it's the best it truly can be.

A MM remake will fill the temporary void nicely, on the cart front, while Oracle and Ages would do their bit on the DL one.

The weirdest thing for me is seeing Atlus releasing SMT: IV in that CE form. The series has never been that popular in Europe, so it must be a big gamble. if Atlus can do something like that, Square Enix need to do the same...

I don't think MM3D is coming til later, unfortunately. Smilie Maybe it'll be shown at E3, but maybe not.

Ok but here are my overall thoughts on what was shown;

Yoshi's Island 3:
Looks gorgeous, background wise at least. I'll be skeptical on the platforming quality til I play it myself, and Yoshi's sprite is a liittle offputting, but it also looks like early versions of Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story and the Yoshi's Island cutscenes. Looks brilliant though, excited!

Mario Party 3DS:
Looks far better than the last couple of Mario Party games, but unless it's got online multiplayer or download-play multiplayer, no way I'll be buying.

Pikmin 3:
Looks brilliant, I love the new pink Pikmin much more than the rock ones! Shame about the delay though, now it's not coming til August :/

Zelda LttP2:
I'm callin it that for now, but wow LttP Link now has 5 Zelda games to his name? It must take a lot of work rejuvinating a dying timeline Smilie it looks BRILLIANT simply through definition, a brand new 2D Zelda game with a Link that isn't Toon Link, in an era that hasn't had a game for like 15 years! Considering how much wasted potential were in ST and PH, I imagine they have tons of great ideas for this one, I'm already loving the wall-gimmick.

Lastly I'm really happy about Bravery Default, the WiiU update and Earthbound Smilie because holy shit, it just proves more than ever that Nintendo listen through Miiverse! I've never seen Nintendo caring about their audience's thoughts so much before! And I finally get to play Earthbound myself!!

also @LS:
I doubt SMTIV has much to do with Atlus so much as NISAmerica, who claimed to be helping make Atlus games for Europe a lot better than the past, they're not a fan of how crappily Atlus treats us so I'm sure this is part of their apology efforts to EU fans.

Q: Is the Animal Crossing 3DS XL too effeminate?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163368670495979&set=a.162664203899759.1073741828.151778811654965&type=1&theater

I personally think it's very cute with those red apples and leaves.

Would have loved to have seen this announced also...

( Edited 17.04.2013 17:31 by Linkyshinks )

Effeminate? Not really. The core base of Animal Crossing is females, surely. More designs is always good. The whole Luigi focus is really cool.

I think the west will get the Luigi 3DS at a later date too. The Animal Crossing 3DS is going to be insanely successful, oh man.

Atlus USA
ANNOUNCEMENT: Exclusive to the first printing, Shin Megami Tensei IV will be a Limited Edition Box Set. In addition to the game, customers will receive a 176-page Strategy & Design Book that includes the official starter strategy guide and artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi. They will also receive the Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series. All this will be housed inside a deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi. 

http://atlus.com/smt4/purchase.html

If you had taken this image back to 2-years-ago me I wouldn't have believed you;

Image for

WiiU will probably be in the same situation in 2015.

Anyone else really saddened and kind of surprised by the lack of Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney? I can't believe Layton 6 is already being localised.

Bump

Oh boy, where's the posts in this thread? The 3DS is currently where the party's at guys..!
So of course there's the awesome new deal

And also some charts for this week;

Image for

Fire Emblem hit third in the UK charts..!? Even if it's just the UK, I never thought I'd see the day. I hope FE now has a firm fanbase that will guarantee the future localisation of the series! Good to see Luigi still hanging around in the Top 10 too.

( Edited 22.04.2013 16:45 by SuperLink )

It's very encouraging, considering the last couple of FE games released here didn't chart at all. Hopefully it'll have some legs like Luigi has had, rather than drop to the bottom of the chart and off after a week or two, like Wii U games do.

Azuardo said:
It's very encouraging, considering the last couple of FE games released here didn't chart at all. Hopefully it'll have some legs like Luigi has had, rather than drop to the bottom of the chart and off after a week or two, like Wii U games do.

Monster Hunter just came back into stock on both systems this week, so I'm hoping that'll bob up the chart again soon.

It's unfortunate how stock shortages can affect sales though.

Still haven't got my copy yet. Smilie Fuck Shopto.

SuperLink said:
Anyone else really saddened and kind of surprised by the lack of Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney? I can't believe Layton 6 is already being localised.

Bump

Oh boy, where's the posts in this thread? The 3DS is currently where the party's at guys..!
So of course there's the awesome new deal

And also some charts for this week;

Image for

Fire Emblem hit third in the UK charts..!? Even if it's just the UK, I never thought I'd see the day. I hope FE now has a firm fanbase that will guarantee the future localisation of the series! Good to see Luigi still hanging around in the Top 10 too.

Holy crap! Really wasn't expecting that at all! I wonder if its all the fans getting it week 1, be good to see it stay in the chart for a little while longer though!

Potentially decent alternative to Waverace. Smilie

Just got the Luigi's Mansion 2 Letter from Miyamoto on LetterBox Smilie it was adorable.

Phoenom said:

Potentially decent alternative to Waverace. Smilie

Would rather have Waverace U though, doubt it will ever happen!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.