3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 16.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Soundworks said:
I'm becoming a little bemused by the 3DS launch. So now OoT isn't a launch title? I mean, they shouldn't even use the term 'launch window' if it persists for so many months. Screw that. If there's not a few quality games out on day one, there's no way I'm paying $250.

I think it'll be a huge mistake not to launch with a major Nintendo title. Nintendogs does not count, at all. I mean, this Zelda 3DS is a remake - I don't understand why they haven't been working their asses off to make sure it's a launch title.

Smilie

Imma go and speak to gamestation tomorrow and see what deals they have got going.

Shopto did have it for �£220 but it's gone down in price to �£200 which is pretty good. That's where I've preordered mine from Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Do you have to pay a deposit or anything on shopto?

Nope you just preorder it and you can either pay straight away or wait for the 3ds to come out and they take the money out then.

Ohhh okay, I might just pre-order there then! thanks

No problem Smilie

Echoes221 said:
Imma go and speak to gamestation tomorrow and see what deals they have got going.

Let us know what they say!

I have one preordered on shopto, but I'll decide on whether I actually want it when it gets closer to launch

I think I'll pre-order from ShopTo as well.

I really hope I can find something to use as a thumb strap though otherwise Kid Icarus is going to be really difficult to play, and I lost my DS thumb strap.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Doesn't it use the analogue stick?

Wow, I just saw. Left-handed people are pretty much screwed...

( Edited 22.01.2011 17:22 by Marzy )

I just preordered a black one from Shopto Smilie

Man, thumbstraps! I forgot those existed...they never really worked in the first place though.

Gamestation are doing theirs for ��£220, if I traded in my DSlite it would become ��£189.99....But then that would mean that I'm selling my DS for ��£10 if I can get it on shopto for cheaper...

I really want them to port Monster Hunter 3 as well...

( Edited 22.01.2011 17:31 by Echoes221 )

Marzy said:
Doesn't it use the analogue stick?

Wow, I just saw. Left-handed people are pretty much screwed...

Exactly my point.

Atleast when it came to the DS, those FPS' could use the face buttons for direction, I can't see it being an option for KI.

Echoes221 said:
I really want them to port Monster Hunter 3 as well...

They shouldn't just port it but rather make a completely new Monster Hunter with ALL weapons being included this time. I really want to have a bow... Smilie There's also so much stuff they could do with the 3DS' capabilities. It would be glorious. Smilie

Come on Capcom, we know you want it. Smilie

SirLink said:
They shouldn't just port it but rather make a completely new Monster Hunter with ALL weapons being included this time. I really want to have a bow... Smilie There's also so much stuff they could do with the 3DS' capabilities. It would be glorious. Smilie

Come on Capcom, we know you want it. Smilie

Do you know what would be even more awesome? If they add Nintendo related stuff to it, like the Master Sword or Mario's hammer. Maybe even some Fire Emblem stuff. Then put in Link and Mario's costumes as armour, kinda like what they did in MHP3 with Snake. That sure would make the series popular in the West.

L said:

Do you know what would be even more awesome? If they add Nintendo related stuff to it, like the Master Sword or Mario's hammer. Maybe even some Fire Emblem stuff. Then put in Link and Mario's costumes as armour, kinda like what they did in MHP3 with Snake. That sure would make the series popular in the West.

Yeah, just like they had Tetsusaiga, the sword from Inu Yasha, in Japan. I don't know how I'd feel about those, especially the Master Sword, though. If almost everyone ran around with them it wouldn't be special. Them being a reward for really hard event quests would be cool though. Smilie

Thinking about it left handed people are screwed..

Its just what it is, Its only because they have to hold a 'pen'. On every other console its fine, its just due to the touch screen.

Pity more people can't train themselves to become Ambidextrous. I have myself; back at school I used to twirl a pen around my writing hand's fingers during class, and I practiced so I could do it with the other hand too.
Just for kicks, I played through Twilight Princess with the Nunchuk in my right hand when I first got it, and still do with many games like that to this day. I played Brain Training using my left hand to write with, and had little trouble.

Not that I'm defending Nintendo's choice to omit a second Analog stick, and I sympathize with lefties who feel left out/victimized, but the issue can be overcome with a little practice, and certainly should not be an excuse to miss out on potential gems like Kid Icarus.

They can just as easily rectify the issue by including a thumb nub like the original DS and let us use our thumbs on the touch screen, it wouldn't be so awkward then as it would more or less feel like using a second analoge stick.

Or they could allow for digital movement with the ABXY buttons and let us aim with our left hand. I can't imagine analoge controle being that important in the game anyway.

I would be very surprised and disappointed if they didn't at least have some options for lefties seeing as Nintendo published DS games always had an option, even if it was just to switch hud graphics around, quite a few third partys (if not all) provided these options as well if the game was touch screen intensive.

It would be kind of bizarre, lazy and arrogant if they didn't at least provide alternative options and told us to "just get used to it".

If they don't then I won't buy it, simply because that kind of shit doesn't deserve my money or my time.

( Edited 24.01.2011 00:36 by Jimmy2000 )

In all fairness, its down to the developers to put in lefty options, not nintendo.

Most did on the ds.

Well, I am trying to use my right hand more when playing the DS, so hopefully by the time I get a 3DS I'll be use to it, it'll still be awkward but I guess I can do it.

BUMP!!!

Amazon dropped their price to �£202, let the price war continue Smilie.

Also, I have a feeling we might see a 3DS revision with extra battery power sooner rather than later, considering the NGP is reportedly around the same amount.

If that happens, hopefully the 3DS' battery will be easy to replace.

Phoenixus said:
Pity more people can't train themselves to become Ambidextrous. I have myself; back at school I used to twirl a pen around my writing hand's fingers during class, and I practiced so I could do it with the other hand too.
Just for kicks, I played through Twilight Princess with the Nunchuk in my right hand when I first got it, and still do with many games like that to this day. I played Brain Training using my left hand to write with, and had little trouble.

Not that I'm defending Nintendo's choice to omit a second Analog stick, and I sympathize with lefties who feel left out/victimized, but the issue can be overcome with a little practice, and certainly should not be an excuse to miss out on potential gems like Kid Icarus.

I'm ambidextrous in that I use different hands for different actions. I brush with left, write with left, use a scissor with my right hand, play guitar 'regularly' which is right-handed.

Heck, I can even write with my right hand when I'm let's say.. Standing up using chalk on a chalkboard.

On the DS' touchscreen and with the Wiimote it's far too fiddly for me to be able to use my right hand. I've tried, but it just requires too much precision.

Yeah, because we're left-handed on purpose and we choose to miss out on games like Kid Icarus.

I don't feel victimised, I'm sure there'll be some way of working around this or some solution, but I find you're defending this whole thing for the completely wrong reasons.

( Edited 27.01.2011 20:56 by Faust D. Strooijer )

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.