Official C3 Minecraft Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

Yes, I'm sure many of you have heard of Minecraft, the crazy Lego-ish looking game with horrible graphics and wonderful sandbox style. So I thought, why not set up a Cubed3 server where everyone can make their own crazy creations and explore this insane world. Enjoy!

WHAT IS MINECRAFT?
There are 2 versions of Minecraft currently. These are Minecraft Classic and Minecraft Alpha.

Minecraft Classic is the free version of Minecraft that creates a lego-like world for players to explore and mold into whatever form they wish using the assortment of blocks allotted.

Minecraft Alpha is the official version of Minecraft, currently in its Alpha stage. This version costs a one time fee to play and is similar to Minecraft Classic, save for some gameplay differences. Currently, the goal to Minecraft Alpha is to survive the world and create bases to allow exploration. There are enemy characters that will stop at nothing to kill you and blocks and materials are obtained as drops from destroying blocks and creatures. These drops can be combined into useful items.

NOTE: I don't know if the server is not working or what the problem is, hopefully you guys can access it.
Link to Server
Also note that since I haven't payed for Alpha, the server is a server for Minecraft Classic.

( Edited 26.11.2010 17:49 by PK Mongoose )

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

I'm a fairly avid Minecraft player. I'm not sure what you've linked to, it just seems to be a single player creative mode thing. But I'd love for somebody to give a Cubed3 Minecraft server a bash.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Minecraftttttttttttttttt. Smilie
I just recently purchased the Alpha and my friend from college made up a private server me, him and another friend play on. It's awesome.

How does one play this so called, Minecraft? Smilie

Original post updated with gameplay info!

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Guys, you should all buy Alpha, it's so awesome. If you don't feel like surviving monsters you can turn them off so you can just build stuff. There's a lot more materials, items etc. in the Alpha. :3

My Brother playing the old alpha version (we got it free when the servers were down).

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

A C3 Minecraft server would be pretty pointless if noone has the full game.

IANC said:

Slydevil said:

That's why this server is for the free version.

PK Mongoose said:
Slydevil said:

That's why this server is for the free everyone should buy the full version.

Fixed. Smilie

I'm confused.

You don't actually want a C3 server, you just want members of C3 to congregate on one of the servers from the Minecraft.Net server list. Sorry, it's probably just me.

Anyway, the one you linked to seems to be down.

I'll use this one temporarily until that one comes back on or you decide on another one.

Edit: Altered the server

( Edited 27.11.2010 00:20 by Slydevil )

IANC said:

Me, Sly (and I think PK also gave us some help?) built a glorious house!

Very addictive. Smilie

Slydevil said:
I'm confused.

You don't actually want a C3 server, you just want members of C3 to congregate on one of the servers from the Minecraft.Net server list. Sorry, it's probably just me.

Just letting everyone know I explained this but: One can create their own server through the server software which is what I tried to do. Sadly, I wasn't able to get this work, maybe because of my firewall or something. Anyone else willing to give it a try?

PK Mongoose said:
Slydevil said:
I'm confused.

Just letting everyone know I explained this but: One can create their own server through the server software which is what I tried to do. Sadly, I wasn't able to get this work, maybe because of my firewall or something. Anyone else willing to give it a try?

I haven't tried making a server for the Classic, but I know how to for Alpha. I can't port forward though, since I don't have access to my router. My mate had to be the server admin because of this.

Me and Sly built this awesome Mario sprite. We did start making a Super Mario World one as well, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it.

Image for

I went on this morning and both have already been destroyed. Smilie

Aaaannd..

Image for

Ta-da!

( Edited 28.11.2010 13:40 by Slydevil )

IANC said:

New Server!

wow sly and marzy - dedication!!
SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

I've seen this on some tech sites, I was wondering what it was. I might check it out when I next have some free time.

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

For Simon and anyone else who liked the sprites, I took on a much bigger task after those ones..

Image for

Only just fit in the world. Marz gave me some visual supervision.

Edit:

Image for

( Edited 05.12.2010 15:35 by Slydevil )

IANC said:

I built my house. Smilie

Image for

Does anyone have a Minecraft Alpha server? Or is anyone willing to set one up?

Just made this on Minecraft Classic.

Image for

Skip to about 6 minutes in:

( Edited 11.12.2010 06:53 by Modplan Man )

BUMP!

So how is everyone enjoying the beta?
At the moment the site seems to be running very slow for me, it's very frustrating.

Anyway I'm looking for some good survival servers, any suggestions would be great! Smilie

Me and my brother made a giant Megaman and Pong, it's really fun.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.