Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Magna (guest) 14.01.2011#1

Both at 47 million!?!?

Wow! Smilie

Magna (guest) said:
Both at 47 million!?!?

Wow! Smilie

It's just over 34 million for the Wii actually Link, just changed the article slightly.

Still pretty amazing.

( Edited 14.01.2011 15:35 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

And Patcher still says that the Wii is doomed and a price cut should be made quickly...

You know it STILL amazes me how the Psycho SOny only group denies the Wii's success...I swear their denial will be the downfall of SOny's gameing devision for good. If you can't learn to adapt & flow with what's going on around you you're doomed to drown in ubscourity.

Oh yeah another side note is that SOny doesn't even make most of the well known games on its system to an extent, yet fans for some dumb reason, praise SOny for OTHER people's work like MGS when it should be Konami (i.e. Kojima Productions) Street Fighter, DMC & Monster Hunter even though Capcom made it & NOT SOny as well as them being confused in thinking SOny has a right to the exclusivity of the Final Fantasy Franchise....which funny enough was a Nintendo EXCLUSIVE first.

Watch this link, THIS is what I hate about ignorant Psycho SOny only...even though it is hillarious how serious he's being. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78cGFzjJIwc

( Edited 14.01.2011 17:27 by Vorash Kadan )

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Why turn this into a fanboy argument?

Every console has it's share of ignorant fanboys. Thankfully, the majority aren't like that.

Also interesting to see from another source how Epic Mickey sold 1.3 million copies in December which puts it close to the 2 million mark worldwide for november-december 2010 alone. Now imagine how many more copies are being sold directly at Disney theme parks ant that NPD doesn't track...

EdEN said:
And Patcher still says that the Wii is doomed and a price cut should be made quickly...

Seriously. Everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Nintendo while the PS3 would take top spot. I remember Reggie saying that the holiday season was always the biggest and it looks like he was right.

PMD said:

Seriously. Everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Nintendo while the PS3 would take top spot. I remember Reggie saying that the holiday season was always the biggest and it looks like he was right.

It's kinda popular to say Nintendo is doomed nowadays. I'm surprised I've never seen anyone yet saying "Nintendoomed!". Smilie

EdEN said:
Also interesting to see from another source how Epic Mickey sold 1.3 million copies in December which puts it close to the 2 million mark worldwide for november-december 2010 alone. Now imagine how many more copies are being sold directly at Disney theme parks ant that NPD doesn't track...

It's really sold that much? Smilie Very impressive. Hopefully it means more quality/risky titles from Disney. Smilie

I feel 2010 may be the last great year for wii and DS sales, 2011 will be the year of PS3 and 3DS, PS3 has an amazing first party lineup this year, and 3DS has given me that giddy feeling that I havnt had for a new console in a long time. I plan to purchase both this year,cant wait

Ifrit XXII said:
It's really sold that much? Smilie Very impressive. Hopefully it means more quality/risky titles from Disney. Smilie

Hopefully it means more titles from more 3rd parties.Smilie

Edit: NPD numbers: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418652

( Edited 15.01.2011 02:41 by L )

Epic Mickey really deserves it, in my opinion. It's easily the best third-party title I've played on the Wii and one of my favourites on the system.

( Edited 15.01.2011 00:15 by Marzy )

Ifrit XXII said:
Why turn this into a fanboy argument?

Every console has it's share of ignorant fanboys. Thankfully, the majority aren't like that.

This, there are morons everywhere. Nintendo has a ton of ignorant fanboys as well. Let me quote each type of fanboy.

Sony: "What is that? Something you are coloring?"

Nintendo: "WOW! EPIC FAILZ! GRAPHICS DONT MAKE THE GAMEPLAY NOOB! XD YOU SUCK SO HARD CAUSE YOU DONT THINK NINTENDO IS THE BEST! GO BACK TO PLAYING YOUR PLAYBOX IDIOT! YOU GOT PWNED! XDXD

Microsoft: "Dude, COD and Halo are the best."

Its guys like me who stick with only software developers. Capcom all the way thank you very much. ^^

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!

Vorash Kadan said:
You know it STILL amazes me how the Psycho SOny only group denies the Wii's success...I swear their denial will be the downfall of SOny's gameing devision for good. If you can't learn to adapt & flow with what's going on around you you're doomed to drown in ubscourity.

Oh yeah another side note is that SOny doesn't even make most of the well known games on its system to an extent, yet fans for some dumb reason, praise SOny for OTHER people's work like MGS when it should be Konami (i.e. Kojima Productions) Street Fighter, DMC & Monster Hunter even though Capcom made it & NOT SOny as well as them being confused in thinking SOny has a right to the exclusivity of the Final Fantasy Franchise....which funny enough was a Nintendo EXCLUSIVE first.

Watch this link, THIS is what I hate about ignorant Psycho SOny only...even though it is hillarious how serious he's being. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78cGFzjJIwc

There are fanboys everywhere. It just happens though Nintendo has the whiniest like you.

I f***ing love Nintendo but it bothers me that a bunch of you knuckleheads act like complete babies by just complaining. "OH THEY WON'T STOP MAKING FUN OF US! WE PWN ALL!"

It's babyish guys. Grow up and learn not to take criticism so hard. Nintendo isn't for everyone and it's a fact of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfmx4sZNhXU

Capcom all the way thank you very much.

Doesn't that make you a Capcom fanboy? Smilie

Marzy said:
Capcom all the way thank you very much.

Doesn't that make you a Capcom fanboy? Smilie

I'm not going to go against other companies and say that we are better. Capcom makes some mistakes too. I just sometimes find too much credit is given to Nintendo. It's a good system it just isn't the greatest thing ever.

I'd like to see good 'ole Patcher respond to this article. Seriously, how does he get paid? Smilie

"Do a Barrel Roll!"

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.