C3 Member Contest 2011 (Entries/General Questions)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It's literally been years since we've had one of these, so I thought it was a good a time as any to revive the (not quite annual) C3 member contest.

For those who don't know, members sign up to take part in the contest. Once we have enough contestants (16), each person is randomly assigned an opponent, and then other members have 24/48 hours to vote on who goes through to the next round (based on their opinion of those 2 members). It's a knockout tournament until the final where a winner is declared! Rounds after the 1st may be seeded, depending on what people think.

Although there's no 'real' prize other than pride and honour, there will be a few stars given out along the way as well. Smilie So just post a quick comment if your interested in signing up (see here for info on previous tournament). I'd also recommend having a few posts under your belt before signing up (say, 50+?) so that people know who you are. Edit: all entries are valid regardless of post count.

Preliminary deadline is midnight (GMT) at the end of the 18th of February, but may be moved depending on interest levels. I'll keep track of number of members signing up in this post.
Good luck guys!

Contestants:

( Edited 20.02.2011 02:50 by Cheesing it up )

Sounds like fun, count me in. Smilie

Our member of the week

Count me in too, sounds fun.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I'm in like Ho Chi Minh.

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

*raises hand slowly*

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

Why not.

I suppose I should probably specify that I'm TheStratMan. I'm sure the constant name-changing will help my cause muchos. But, eh. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

As always, I'll join.

Last time we had Ken Kutaragi applying for it, which was pretty funny (especially his post to enter).

Sure, why not, I've got lots of games to bribe reward my voters with. Smilie

( Edited 05.02.2011 10:50 by Phoenixus )

Count me in. I think I chickened out of the last one whenever that was. Smilie

Sure I'll give it a go.

Sure, count me in. Last time was a laugh, think I got voted out in the first round XD..

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Come on guys, we need six more to get up to 16 (a decent tournament size)! There's nothing to lose. Smilie

Also, what are people's thoughts on having some kind of seeding system for match-ups?

Sure, I'm in.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Cheesing it up said:
Come on guys, we need six more to get up to 16 (a decent tournament size)! There's nothing to lose. Smilie

Pride, maybe? Smilie

Don't worry, people around here have short memories. Smilie

Screw it, I'll join

I've had the exact same username and display picture since I started so you can count me in!

sure, what the heck, i'll join

Our member of the week

Cheesing it up said:
Don't worry, people around here have short memories. Smilie

But they might be vindictive Smilie

*Raises hand quietly in the corner*

Update: Okay guys, we now have 15 members. I'm going to cut it off at 16, if anyone else wants to sign up? (If not I'll just enter myself in.)

The competition will begin this Saturday, with the 1st face off. There will be two at a time, each lasting 48 hours. The face offs will be random, and the initial selection will determine who faces who in later rounds (ie there is no seeding involved).

Each face off will have it's own thread, with another thread to keep track of wins/defeats. Good luck guys!

Also, feel free to ask any general questions here. Smilie
Edit: It makes more sense to run 2 at once for 2 days, as it means you don't have to log on every day to vote!

( Edited 18.02.2011 16:52 by Cheesing it up )

Count me in. If there's still a spot left.

Yup, you get the final place! Smilie

Nice, will be interesting to see how many people vote for me. (I'm guessing none. 1 or 2 if I'm lucky. Smilie)

Our member of the week

Vote for me and I promise not to rape your sisters Smilie !

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.