Reggie Fils-Aime Speaks About Disposable Software

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

There is a market for these $2 (�£2) games. I see both women and men on the tube all the time on their BB's, HTC's and Iphone playing these cheap games. The gameplay looks at times repetitive and limited but provides the pick up and then forget template perfect for tube rides.

I stopped playing FF3 on the DS for a few months and really struggled to know where I was going when I came back to it.

I agree with him that people who dont takes games seriously as a hobbie will build a mentality that games should be really cheap.

What I could never grasp is why/how a gamer who would buy a DS or PSP would prefer to play these cheap games instead. How is this model impacting these companies.

He can't really say much when 60% of DSiWare offerings are god-awful throwaway trash.

I'd rather pay ��£30 for a game on the scale of Ocarina of Time than pay ��£30 on 10-20 crappy little games I would tire of after a couple of plays each. Smilie

( Edited 10.02.2011 13:42 by Ifrit XXII )

I think the app-store model is also heavily relaying on people that don't use PC's much during their day too.
While it is nice to have cheap and quick thoughaway games - I think logging onto a random website to "get the fix" is going to be the preference rather then paying for most.

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

Who's going to teach this guy some mathematics?

Costing development = x
Price per copy sold = y
Amounts of copies sold = n

y*n>x means profit.

Hmm, I wonder how steam sells BIG games for LOW prices. Valve FTW

"Sony always wins baby.. Sony always wins.." - Chad Warden on pstripple
Brawl FC : 2191 - 6919 - 2772

Depends if the crapness of the game you released then turns people of buying your next 10 games, however.

Ubisoft had this somewhat with their DS game sales. Strong at first and then utterly awefull.

Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

What Nintendo should do is open a new division or two and start making cheap games for the 3Dsware. They could make simple games featuring Mario or Zelda, a new 2d Metroid. Not only can they turn a quick profit but increase exposure to these franchises

Or damage the franchise's reputation.
I think they would be better of making more new IPs like fluidity, or hyrdroventure or whatever its called.

That way they can try out new teams and don't lose much if the results arn't great.

I just hope they seperate non gaming apps from the games on the 3DS eStore.

Scrolling through the DSiWare library is a pain when you have to pass a lot of crap such as calculators, flashlights (seriously) and calenders.

Nintendo does need to push these chap games; however, they need to make sure they are unique to what the 3DS has to offer. Nintendo needs to push more games like Photo Dojo, Warioware Sanpped!, and Flipnote Studio.

"Do a Barrel Roll!"

Sure, there's a market for cheap $1-$2 games but those last you an hour or two at most and then you move on to the next one. I've spent $20 on my iPhone verus $500 on my DS in the last 6 months.

Strange words coming from a company that doesn't even track digital purchases with an account.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Raff said:
Strange words coming from a company that doesn't even track digital purchases with an account.

1) I would think his words would go perfectly with such a setup

2) Nintendo does track digital purchases with an account. That's how you get credited coins in Club Nintendo for purchases on the Wii/DSi Shop Channel.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.