Pokemon Main RPG for Wii? Unlikely

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

The main appeal of a console Pokémon game, as far as I can see, would be 3D environments, battles etc. right? With the 3DS, all that could happen on a handheld too, so there's really not much of a point in making a Pokémon RPG on a console. I'd actually be baffled if the next main Pokémon game on the 3DS isn't going to be like that. There are really way too many people on the internet totally freaking out over that (obvious) answer.

Really though, just give us a proper Pokémon Stadium 3 on the Wii already. Smilie

( Edited 15.02.2011 23:41 by SirLink )

I agree with SirLink, and with what Junichi Masuda said.

Pokemon is the type of game to play on the go, yeah there are benefits, of seeing pokemon on a home console, but soon, you might be able to see full styled Pokemon, on a hand held.

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Well, it being hand held is the whole reason it's called Pocket Monsters in the first place isn't it? And like SirLink said, the 3DS has plenty of power behind it to drive the series forward.

Seriously, if they made a Colosseum style game with more Pokemon and an online mode I don't think anyone would complain.

Also, I think a lot of people on the internet don't get the difference between the main series and spin-offs.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Rather than reiterating what has been said already, I'll just say I agree exactly what SirLink, Wolvesgod and Stulaw have posted, along with Junichi Masuda's view.

Well the 3DS next generation of Pokemon should be a realised full three dimensional world. It should be the pokemon game we are waiting for. Id play it and I havnt played a main pokemon since Yellow. A port to the wii could be done as weel, with wiiconnect24 I cant see why he has a problem with being able to transfer data all the time

Darkflame (guest) 16.02.2011#6

Pokemon will, one day, be a full Augmented Reality game where we litteraly see pokemon, battle them, and take them with us as though they were real.
It will come when HMDs get cheap and sleak enough, but it will happen.

In the meantime, a home console version would be welcome - but it would need massive investment. You need a world as big as Zelda, if not bigger. You then need hundreds of creatures - each of which should be found in different habitats and behave differently (monster hunterish a little), and you need decent exploration and puzzles dotted about. A large field is not enough, you need it filled.

Nintendo should do it, but really they should have started 3 years ago and not have it ready till, like, 2 years and a launch title for their next system.

Well also just like the main series, the Orre region, needs it's third instalment, since it has the other two. SmilieSmilie lol

One thing that will be a kinda cool spin-off series, will be a simulator, where you get to take care of the pokemon, like Pokemon Ranch, but a true blue real Simulator. My point is, not everyone likes the fighting part of Pokemon, and it will be good for business too, it will be able to reach out to another type of customer.

Kinda like how zhu zhu Pets, have Kung Zhu, for Boys.

( Edited 16.02.2011 08:58 by Wolvesgod )

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Stulaw said:
Seriously, if they made a Colosseum style game with more Pokemon and an online mode I don't think anyone would complain.

I'd actually really like to see another Colosseum/XD style game. Those two games were really underrated if you ask me. They weren't absolutely great games but much better than everybody made them out to be. Especially the music in those games was pretty epic. Colosseum even had the orchestrated version of my favorite Pokémon soundtrack, the Gym leader battle music from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. That one just kicks so much ass. Smilie

( Edited 16.02.2011 10:33 by SirLink )

"If Nintendo found a way to bridge the gap betweeen consoles and portables, then we may just see a full Poké-RPG on our TV."

so what the hell was the super gameboy, gameboy player, wii/DS Wifi? We're are the point now handhelds are starting to use 3G/4G, if thats what the excuse is i'd expect the 3DS processor, no... the next version of the 3DS (3DSi hurr) will have 4G and make this a possibility, even though Wifi is just as good right now.

Zeus6 (guest) 16.02.2011#10

So what if the 3DS can do console -level 3D? A home console pokemon would be great, huge worlds, proper battles would be awesome

Handgobby (guest) 16.02.2011#11

Well, the Wii/Wii 2 could do a mmorpg world you can explore and meet trainers to battle. Portables don't have that much of a good internet connection

I understand that it makes more sense to have Pokemon available on the move, training and doing battles wherever you are, but I still think there is room on the Wii or future Nintendo home console to do something spectacular with the series.

I'd even settle for a shared experience - play on your 3DS on the move, and then have the same account playable on the Wii - for the bigger screen and more reliable internet connectivity. The problem lies with Nintendo's stupid friend codes setup.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.