Doctor Who Series 6 Discussion

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I was going to wait a few days to start this topic for our annual musings of the events of Doctor Who.

But then I saw this trailer:

So what does Series 6 hold in store for us? (spoilered for those who won't watch the trailer)

And a few other bits I missed/didn't recognise

Other things commonly known/expected:
Who is River Song?
What is the Silence?
Neil Gaiman!
The return of an old enemy? (Daleks/Cybermen/The Master/Sontaran/Silurian in past series)

So when does this air you ask? April 23rd in both the UK and US

The series is being split into two parts, 7 in spring and the final 6 starting in September. The part one ending is said to be a game changing cliffhanger.

Episode List:

( Edited 19.10.2013 21:48 by Lrrr )

looks sweet love the fear me bit

I did see what I thought I saw!

"Fear me, I've killed hundreds of time lords"

"Fear me, I've killed them all"

Pwned.

Jo (guest) 01.04.2011#5

OMG!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! I MAY DIE FROM WAITING FOR THE NEW SEASON!!!

BTW.... Love the line

"Look how cool this stuff is!" Smilie Smilie

So, just a few short days and it'll begin!

The complete episode list for the first half has been released:

Saturday 23rd April, 18:00 on BBC1, although it seems the rumours of the second episode being on Easter were wrong

( Edited 18.04.2011 15:30 by Lrrr )

Define 'Death' in the Doctors universe however, can he save them or is it permanent death?

We know River won't die as she is currently in the Library still held in Callie's world, and if she died = Paradoxical.

Its either likely to be Amy or Rory, my guess is that its more likely to be Rory, but I'm guessing it will be a short lived death, nothing is permanent in the Doctor's world. Re-watching the trailer it seems to most likely to be Rory as well, though I doubt they would kill him off entirely as he was a huge part of the story in the last series.

( Edited 18.04.2011 16:59 by Echoes221 )

Well, Promo shows everyone in later episodes, so it's clear the death isn't permanent. The reason for the non permanence will be the interesting part.

It could be the person dies, so the others get the help of a younger version to prevent the death. Or a future version

Sorry to double post and all, but:

Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen, who also starred in the spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died.

Sladen joined the BBC television series in 1973 as Doctor Who's assistant Sarah Jane Smith.

In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.

SmilieSmilie

Lrrr said:
Sorry to double post and all, but:
Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen, who also starred in the spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died.

Sladen joined the BBC television series in 1973 as Doctor Who's assistant Sarah Jane Smith.

In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.

SmilieSmilie

Wow, I can't believe that. Smilie

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

OMG, goosebumps!

( Edited 23.04.2011 18:52 by Ifrit XXII )

Ifrit XXII said:
OMG, goosebumps!

That's exactly what I thought.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Went out to a BBQ, and recording failed as my Sky+ is full. To iPlayer!

Spoilers I guess.
I think it'll actually be quite a tight knit "arc" this time, little to no single episode stories (unfortunately?) I sort of have the feeling this may be to do with the American thing, making it more like a serialised thing.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

( Edited 23.04.2011 20:35 by Lrrr )

I am huge fan of Doctor who science fiction show and longer wait for it's new season 6 telecast. I was so, when i hear about the new episode 1 telecast from season 1. I've enjoyed it but today i am getting excited for Doctor who s06e02

Fuuuuuck!

Really interested to see where this goes now

( Edited 30.04.2011 18:52 by Lrrr )

My brain just imploded. Smilie

One confusing moment for me...

( Edited 30.04.2011 20:10 by Ifrit XXII )

Ifrit XXII said:

One confusing moment for me...

What where the silence actually saying to turn the humans on them? I couldn't really understand it.

Echoes221 said:
What where the silence actually saying to turn the humans on them? I couldn't really understand it.

If you're talking about what they broadcasted to the world, it was

It was actually

But anyway, it was a great episode that kept me wondering.

( Edited 30.04.2011 22:57 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.