Doctor Who Series 6 Discussion

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Love this brilliant BBC sci-fi show and have enjoyed it's all episodes. Yet yesterday i gonna enjoy doctor who season 6 episode 7, which was totally awesome. Now i will wait for more other episode premier.

---------------------
At this time i am enjoy Pretty little episodes. I've started watch it's all season 1 episode over again.

( Edited 08.06.2011 06:28 by jonespaker )

Second half series trailer

American return date August 27th, so I guess we get the same as I doubt they'd air it first. (Unlike Torchwood:Miracle Day, this is a fully British production.)

It sounds like theres a few interesting episodes in this half, including one with a very heavy focus on Amy. Also, Angels, Silence/Silents, Cybermen, Cybermats and Eyepatches.

Tonight! at 7:10

Not a bad episode. Quite a nice way to resume the series in my opinion. Smilie Highlights for me were:

( Edited 28.08.2011 01:26 by Mush123 )

It wasn't bad, but I'm just thinking.

( Edited 28.08.2011 17:59 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Stulaw said:
It wasn't bad, but I'm just thinking.

I absolutely loved the episode, mostly because I just really missed seeing the gang in action <3. Very excited about the next episode =D

EDIT: Also, MORE Matt Smith! I don't want this to be his last season T^T

( Edited 28.08.2011 09:02 by Faust D. Strooijer )

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Faust D. Strooijer said:
Also, MORE Matt Smith! I don't want this to be his last season T^T

Don't fear, the BBC have commissioned another series starring Matt Smith

Matt Smith has signed on to appear in a new series of Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.

Fourteen new episodes of the sci-fi show, executive produced by Steven Moffat, have been commissioned.

However it is not yet known when the new episodes will be broadcast.

The corporation also confirmed there would be six more episodes of the current series to be screened later this year and a 2011 Christmas special starring Smith is planned.

As far as I am aware, Series 7 will begin airing in 2012 but some of the later episodes will air in 2013 to mark the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

Mark the anniversary by making us wait half a year.

Sounds like the BBC to me.

It was pretty good, answering a few questions.

From the name people were expecting something more focused on Hitler, what we got was an arc heavy story where Hitler gets locked in a cupboard as soon as he was introduced

I think they may be bringing the series back in line with the classic broadcast times. The show started on November 23rd, so the 50th Anniversary show needs to be on then to properly mark the occassion (and it is a Saturday in 2013).

Next year, they show half the series around Autumn/Winter, then the rest in the Spring. And then repeat. Something like the 50th anniversary which will inevitably be epic and nostalgic would probably be used as the finale to the first run of the series.

Not really a fan of the Captain Jack jacket he's wearing at the moment.

Ultima said:
Not really a fan of the Captain Jack jacket he's wearing at the moment.

Really? I actually found myself thinking he pulled it off quite nicely and it sort of suited him. It made him look more Doctorly to me, somehow Smilie

I quite enjoyed the episode with James Corden last year, so hopefully next week will be good.

How many episodes have we got left now?

I think there's 3 more. Each season usually has around 13 eps, right?

2 more episodes. That was number 11

Lrrr said:
2 more episodes. That was number 11

Wuuut. I know that, but for some reason part of my post didn't... post? XD

I said 2/3, because I wasn't sure if the last ep would be a double ep or whatever, and I do sort of count the Christmas eps to be part of the previous season. 13 regular eps + 1 Christmas is the norm, right? [/hazy memory]

Sign it feels like it's only just begun and now it's already coming to an end. I guess it's to be expected if the series is split in two like that..

The most recent ep is the only one so far that I really enjoyed, at least from the second half. The first ep was really good too but I thought it pulled a lot of plot points out of nowhere, like the Hitler thing, was that really necessary? I mean cool if they wanted to throw us off but it was a bit of an anti-climactic way to finish off the last cliffhanger idk.

The next episode looks great though,

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Ifrit XXII said:

It's only a 1 part finale this year.

One small thing about something early on in the God Complex:

Watched one last night with a friend. It was some stupid shit where the doctor and a Danny Dyer-alike get sucked into a doll's house in a wardrobe. Inside the doll's house are evil dolls who look like Newton Faulkner and act like the Borg. It was hilarious. She thought I ruined it by laughing my arse off the whole way through. Especially when the ginger kid kept yelling "Don't let the monsters get me!" over and over, or whenever one of the Faulkner-clones was on camera.

Lrrr said:

Yeah a few others noticed that. I kind of thought it was nothing but..

Maybe it's something after all. There's a theory going around that.

But knowing Moffat there's a good chance it was intentional.

The episode was OK, not amazing. Stormageddon is a great baby name though.

The finales only 45 minutes long! From the synopsis, and things from trailers we haven't seen yet, it looks a bit bonkers

( Edited 26.09.2011 18:54 by Lrrr )

Lrrr said:

Lrrr said:
The episode was OK, not amazing. Stormageddon is a great baby name though.

The finales only 45 minutes long! From the synopsis, and things from trailers we haven't seen yet, it looks a bit bonkers

About your second spoiler, I noticed that being kind of irregular as well. It really intruiged me XD

I have a lot of worries about the finale, it doesn't seem like it can all be summed up in such a short amount of time and so far this season all the big story bits have been well...

kind of rushed? idk.

As for the most recent episode omg I loved it. I love Craig and I love Stormy I really hope they're in it again some day too. As far as I'm concerned that episode wasn't even about Cybermen or aliens it was just about the Doctor figuring shit out and also Craig and Stormy being gr8.
Plot-wise it was actually pretty lame.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.