Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Poll Results - Will you buy Xenoblade Chronicles?

Voting for this poll has now closed, numbers crunched and results calculated below.
Definitely,it looks epic: 85% (58)
Yeah I'll give it a try: 6% (4)
Nah,not interested: 4% (3)
It looks ok: 3% (2)
Maybe: 1% (1)
68 votes total.

I hope for them they succeed in the 'operation', although they may find there are less people on the internet than they thought.

( Edited 26.06.2011 09:34 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I found a new Iwata Asks about Xenoblade on Nintendo of Europe's site. Not going to read it because the game is only like 2 months away and I generally don't know much about it apart from some little details, so I'd like to be surprised then.

If you're interested though, I'm sure that it's worth a read like all Iwata Asks features.

Our member of the week

Game is confirmed for release in Europe on September 2nd 2011. The bundle with a special red coloured classic controller pro is also confirmed :

Image for
(Click to enlarge)

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Awesome! Smilie I'll have one week then before school starts to play the hell out of it. Didn't expect a red CC Pro though. Maybe because of the sword? I could use a second one at some point but that red is just a little too extreme for my taste, even if it's a limited edition. Gonna think about it.

I have a whole month before Uni starts, hopefully by then I'd have completed every other uncompleted game I have.

The Red CCpro is a bit too extreme for my liking too.

Sept 2 - C'mon time to preorder this game. What do people think about the english voice actors? I'm not quite sure yet.. I thought it would have sounded more american?

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

I'm liking that red controller. I like different pads. Didn't expect English accents, but I see what Stu meant before when talking about battle quotes and stuff.

"We won thanks to every one!"

Smilie

Well, it's not coming out in America after all so they went with British voice actors. No big surprise that I find these voice actors totally horrible and cringeworthy. Maybe British players will like it just because it sounds familiar to them but these are just really shabby voices. It would probably be alright if they didn't sound completely out of context and lifeless. That seems to be a re-occurring problem with bad voice acting. Smilie

Thank god they included the original Japanese voices...

For a good comparison, here's the same trailer in Japanese:

I'm glad that we're finally getting the game.. the battle dialogue is cheesy but I think it's going to be OK.. otherwise I can always switch to the Japanese voices Smilie

EXCITED....

NOW ONLY NEED THE LAST STORYYYYYYY TBC....Smilie

Sherwinator said:

NOW ONLY NEED THE LAST STORYYYYYYY TBC....Smilie

I don't have the source handy but one guy on Youtube that regularly makes Nintendo news videos said that some guy from Nintendo, PR manager or something else somewhat confirmed a January/February release for The Last Story. Seems logical. That way both RPGs won't compete during the holiday season and the game would definitely be out before Nintendo starts getting the hype train rolling for the Wii U.

I think in this case - the Japanese voice acting sounds better than the english. The English voice acting isnt that bad but then I guess maybe to Japanese/American people - it sounds good?

SirLink - What makes you say that Xenoblade wont come out in the states? Nintendo could use the same voice actors / use new voice actors.

Umm, because of NoA's comments that there are no plans to localize any of the three games which are Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower? That's pretty much the reason why the fan campaign "Operation Rainfall" is running over there in the US.

It's baffling that they aren't even considering doing this when NoE is basically sitting on a fully localized version of Xenoblade and soon The Last Story. I'm sure that there was little to no communication between them (or NoA just outright said no for whatever reason) so NoE just decided to do their own thing. Heck, someone from NoE even wanted to show Xenoblade at E3 but got shot down by NoA because they didn't want to show a game (again..) that's never going to be released there.

Hopefully "Operation Rainfall" is going to be successful at at least getting Xenoblade to the US as well.

I don't think the voice acting is bad because it's British, it's just plain bad, there were some alright moments but I just wish the voice actress for Fiorung was different, she sounds awful.

But anyway, it's great that we have a confirmation of release date, Amazon haven't put it up for pre-order yet though :/.

Stulaw said:
I don't think the voice acting is bad because it's British, it's just plain bad, there were some alright moments but I just wish the voice actress for Fiorung was different, she sounds awful.

Did my comment make it sound like I'm thinking they're bad because they're British? Just curious because if so, I meant that they're simply bad in general but British people may not find them bad because they sound familiar. Smilie

Yeah, I got what you meant, but I'm "British"(I hate that word, I prefer being called English) and I hate the voices because they're generic and that's what's horrible about the VA, it doesn't help with the script either.

Plus, they don't sound like real people what they sound like is when children's T.V programmes do VA(like the Tweenies(ergh!)), the voices are over exaggerated.

But I do get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't think anyone from the UK would be insane enough not to turn on the Japanese voices and watch the subtitles (unless they generally can't read).

I think Shulk's (the guy with Monado) sounds cool in English. It's the other 'geezer' that sounds annoying.. like they picked up a bloke from the pub or somethingSmilie

Guest (guest) 30.06.2011#67

I can't seem to find any retailer where I can pre-order it.. Any luck anyone?

GAME have it online, but with no actual information about the pre-order, and no points for pre-ordering.

Our member of the week

Nintendo of America confirmed for good now that they will NOT bring to the US Xenoblade Chronicles, nor Last Story, nor Pandora's Tower. And this is IN RESPONSE to Operation Rainfall, so nope, that Operation won't influence them in their decision. It's still not a definitive no, but looks like they can't force Nintendo to push it Stateside.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179222p1.html

( Edited 30.06.2011 11:40 by Kafei2006 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

NoA is slowly digging their own grave with stuff like this. If they really want to win back "hardcore" gamers then why keep games they are craving for away from them? Smilie

The worst thing here is that these bad impressions affect Nintendo as a whole, even though NoE or Nintendo in Japan can't do anything about NoA not wanting to localize those games.

I think Nintendo should remove region locking - it would have then been easy to play the game on any Wii regardless.

ALSO while they are at it - fire the muppets inc reggie... they just plain SUCK and give Nintendo a bad name.

I think this 'ARROGANCE' is going to manifest itself where the Wii U will only get a lukewarm reception by americans.

The voices...kill me now!

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Updated the initial page.

Raff said:
The voices...kill me now!

Yeah, they are pretty bad, but on the bright side, the Japanese voices are included, they suit the characters far better.

As Sherwinator posted somewhere else, the release date may have been moved forward to August 19th, although this isn't an entirely reliable source.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15878

( Edited 07.07.2011 23:20 by Stulaw )

I certainly hope its true, tho its still frustrating that amazon havent listed it yet :-x

( Edited 08.07.2011 00:07 by Sherwinator )

Comment on Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / Wii U Virtual Console)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Also known as

Xenoblade

Developer

Monolith

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Real Time RPG

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (10 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.