Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Poll Results - Will you buy Xenoblade Chronicles?

Voting for this poll has now closed, numbers crunched and results calculated below.
Definitely,it looks epic: 85% (58)
Yeah I'll give it a try: 6% (4)
Nah,not interested: 4% (3)
It looks ok: 3% (2)
Maybe: 1% (1)
68 votes total.

Has anyone else had any problems downloading the Xenoblade soundtrack? I can download about 76MB then it thinks the download is complete. (When the actual download is 100MB+) Obviously then I can't extract anything because the download wasn't completed. >.<

Our member of the week

Mush123>try using a download manager like Flashget or something along those lines. That way, even if your download terminates before the file was completely downloaded, it'll try again to download from where it stopped.

Maybe their website is getting too many requests at once ?

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer
Sherwinator ( guest) (guest) 20.08.2011#128

yehhhh got my copy in the post from amazon .... wickeddd. noticed that there are quite a few copies on eBay!

2 and a half hours into it, and I love it, I'm using the English voices, which is more for convenience really but they aren't too bad at the moment, still don't think some characters suit there voices but it doesn't matter.

One thing I didn't expect so far in the story:

But yeah, so far it's brilliant.

Edit: Another thing, the CCPro's red isn't actually bad, it's about the only red thing that I own besides NSMBWii and I don't mind it, and now I have 2 CCPro's if I ever need them (something tells me I will for the Wii U).

( Edited 20.08.2011 21:04 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Ugh, keeping my patience is getting harder and harder with so many of you writing how brilliant it is. Tomorrow's gonna be a long last day of waiting for me. Smilie

@Stulaw: Yeah, I was thinking about the Wii U too when I decided to go for the bundle. That and it's also €10 cheaper than buying a seperate one for me and I certainly can't resist such an offer. Now I just need my own second Wiimote to go along with it. Smilie Thank god there's gonna be that awesome Zelda Wiimote.Smilie

Xenoblade is prettyy darn cool Smilie

Does anyone know how well its sold? That said, I haven't seen any ads on TV or magazines/newspaper/in stores.

and

THANK YOU NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3
Our member of the week

Sold neither good nor bad where I live me thinks. It was sold out at the place where the collector bundle was sold the cheapest, but they still had quite a lot of copies where I got mine (Got it on Saturday). Paid 62€ for the bundle, but I got the posters with that were supposed to be handed out only to those who pre-ordered, so that was a nice compensation for the steep price.

( Edited 21.08.2011 15:47 by Kafei2006 )

This thread has certainly cooled down a little bit since Xenoblade's release, huh? I guess everybody who has it is busy actually playing it? Smilie

I'm at around 40 hours now and in Nopon Village and would like to know something from others who are playing it as well and are about as far or farther than me.

Our member of the week

@SirLink, in reply to your question :

You're at the same point as I am now (been busy with other stuff in the last few days so I couldn't play it as much as I hoped to Smilie...)

@Kafei:

Yeah, I've been playing it for 10 hours each day I had it now which is pretty insane even for my standards. I'll probably soon take a short break and play through Fragile Dreams as that one is rather short and I've had it for over a month now.

Awww, you guys are kinda making me wish that I bought the special edition now. ;-;
Oh well, I already have 2 CC Pros. One black and one gold. Now all I need is the gold Zelda Wiimote+ which I will probably/definitely get! Even though I already have 4 Wiimotes and 3 MotionPlus units.

As for terms of playing this, I haven't really got around to playing games that much. I've been playing the zombies map Moon on Black Ops mainly, though I haven't really played that too much either.

Will definitely get through some more of Xenoblade when I'm feeling in a bit of a better mood. Don't worry about me, when I feel like this I rarely can be bothered to play games.

Our member of the week

@SirLink

@Kafei:

I'm at the bit after the Nopon Village in the Eryth Sea, only played 16 hours and I'm just getting through the story.

In reply to the question

I'm far behind you guys... I played it for about 4-5 hours when I got the game last week and till now, clocked 12 hours in (im in the knee area).

Savouring every moment..Xenoblade is one phenomenal game. The Battle system is outstanding!!

I'm also spending a bit of time levelling up and exploring!... I've got a few trophies from exploring too..

Proud to be the Xenoblade fanatic on this forum Smilie

I'm also the resident The Last Story fanboy btw Smilie

I am at Bionis' Leg area, just met up with Sharla. So I'm guessing we're kinda around the same place, Sherwinator? I haven't really been playing much, though. I played for about half an hour yesterday, might play a little more today.

Heh, I rushed through Eryth Sea and Alcamoth yesterday because I knew something cool in the story was coming up and I wasn't wrong, it was worth it. XD Actually got all fired up because it was so cool. Smilie Now I pretty much have the majority of two areas left to explore and do every quest before moving on. Smilie Should keep me busy for a while.

@Kafei:

Mush123 said:
..So I'm guessing we're kinda around the same place, Sherwinator?

Hey Mush... yep.. we re indeed around the same place! I MIGHT be a little ahead of you, but there's alot of cool stuff going on Smilie... LOVIN THE CUTSCENEs too Smilie

I've clocked 12 hours .. how about you MUSH?

Sherwinator said:
Mush123 said:
..So I'm guessing we're kinda around the same place, Sherwinator?

Hey Mush... yep.. we re indeed around the same place! I MIGHT be a little ahead of you, but there's alot of cool stuff going on Smilie... LOVIN THE CUTSCENEs too Smilie

I've clocked 12 hours .. how about you MUSH?

Played around 2 hours today. Got to about 15 hours in total, been doing most of the sidequests.

Coming from who doesn't like the RPG genre much, how does this compare to other RPG's around?

I'm half-interested, due the positive reviews it's been getting.

its quite simply a phenomenal game.. feels so fresh, huge , never boring, not tedious ... its a game that's easy to love ...

its not your typical rpg or ff game... if that helps... imo.

I think you should try it out... I wouldn't describe myself as a rpg lover but I LOVE this game...

my verdict? ... get it!!

Marzy said:
Coming from who doesn't like the RPG genre much, how does this compare to other RPG's around?

I'm half-interested, due the positive reviews it's been getting.

I couldn't agree with Sherwinator more. I'm not a huge RPG lover myself, but this is totally worth it. I've played it for about 15 hours and I'm nowhere near even finishing it. It's definitely worth checking out, Ross.
If you don't want to risk purchasing it and not liking it. Maybe try renting it or playing a mate's copy. Hope I convinced you to give it a try. Smilie

I've probably played Xenoblade the most on here and I think it's downright fantastic but, unlike Sherwinator and Mush, I'm a complete RPG nut in general, so better take their words for it. Smilie We all think it's awesome anyway though, so it's not like it matters. Smilie

I think I might actually overdid it with playing Xenoblade right now. 10 hours playtime each day for 5 days straight and my inner completionist is slowly taking over again. I'm overanalysing everything already and losing some of the enjoyment I would normally have. Stuff like getting worried about missable things and thinking about whether I should rush through the rest of the game and do everything on a New Game+ isn't exactly helping either. Hate when I start doing stuff like that because I'm just destroying my own experience. Had to call it a day after 4 hours today since I just couldn't decide how I want to continue with the game. Maybe I'll play something else for a bit till I get that obsession under control. Smilie

( Edited 27.08.2011 22:43 by SirLink )

Honestly, it is the best RPG I've played in the last 10 years.
I'm still to find a fault with it. Gameplay is fluid and effective. Its graphically stunning, with a draw distance that would be impressive even on the HD consoles. The story is compelling and it just keeps on giving.

I'm over 30 hours in and it keeps on giving, I think I'm close to the end and then it throws another curve ball.

To say that I am in love with this game is an understatement. I rate all RPG's against my favourite, which is FF8, and it stacks very well. I would say its better in fact.

Well Ross, it isn't like your average JRPG, that's for sure, the story's quite good, and the gameplay has clever little twists to the battle system here and there. It isn't turn based, characters attack on their own and you can set off special arts (attacks) when they're filled up on screen, all the specials are represented by different pictures to tell you what type of attack it is, and the colour tells you the type of affect it has, but you can only control one character, but can order the others about to an extent, except in chain attacks and such, where you can order a specific move.

Practically, it's a great game, but I did come across one random glitch when I was in battle, and my party disappeared, then the enemy all of a sudden ignored me and I couldn't battle until they appeared again , still, nothing like Fallout type glitches, and it only happened on that occasion. Oh and if you have a fairly old Wii, like mine's from launch, the games loading can get fairly iffy with some things taking there time in loading.

So if you're interested, it's a great buy.

Comment on Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / Wii U Virtual Console)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Also known as

Xenoblade

Developer

Monolith

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Real Time RPG

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (10 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.