Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Poll Results - Will you buy Xenoblade Chronicles?

Voting for this poll has now closed, numbers crunched and results calculated below.
Definitely,it looks epic: 85% (58)
Yeah I'll give it a try: 6% (4)
Nah,not interested: 4% (3)
It looks ok: 3% (2)
Maybe: 1% (1)
68 votes total.

It probably wasn't trolling, it's just an horse thats bean beaten to death, buried then dug up again and again to have another whack at the corpse.

Ok quick question, without any SPOILERS what are the strongest weapons & armor I should carry over into new game+? I've just arrived at the Mechonis capital, Lady Maynith gave me a history lesson & I'm on my way up to Egil. I'll be keeping SOME special armor for cutscenes to make the characters look interesting & varied, but as far as stats go which sets offer the max?

I'm not worried about Ether defense since Melia's bonus compensates while wearing heavy armor.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

I don't know if this is the wrong place for this but I am having a disc read error for Xenoblade now. Smilie It was not doing this at first, not until I got to the ice area (Bionis' wrist is the last landmark, to be precise. I'm not sure what the area is called). The game will load, I can do some actions but it will randomly stop loading, the disc stops spinning and a screen telling me a error has occurred appears.

I bought this wii in early 2007, so I'm assuming it's having this dual layered disc read error I've heard about. Problem is, I play and have played Super Smash Bros. Brawl for over 100 hours with this same system and have had absolutely no problems.

I post this here for 2 reasons. 1. It's hard to find answers for this issue, especially with my exact situation(old wii, brawl works, XC worked but suddenly stops). And 2. I have searched for solutions but I am unsure of what the best one is. My budget is precisely 0 dollars, so I don't know what I should do.

I want my Xenoblade! Smilie

First stick in Brawl and see if you have that problem with it, but yeah, sounds like the Disc read Error, although I got my Wii at launch and never had it (although load times are slow, and I have a graphics card glitch).

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Xenoblade didn't work for me either, Brawl worked though I did have some minor problems with Metroid Other M.

I bought a replacment disk drive off Ebay for about £20, the Wii disk drive is actually pretty easy to replace.

Our member of the week

In my case, when I started getting problems with my console not always agreeing to recognize dual layered discs, I bought a lens cleaning kit (the official Nintendo ones) and cleaned the lens myself. Never any problems ever again since then, and my console is from launch day. Now, I always make backups of the games I buy, and play off an external HDD with USB Loader GX and the homebrew channel, to avoid wearing out the disc drive for nothing, and it's proven an excellent solution so far, what with the nearly 80 Wii discs I own now Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
In my case, when I started getting problems with my console not always agreeing to recognize dual layered discs, I bought a lens cleaning kit (the official Nintendo ones) and cleaned the lens myself. Never any problems ever again since then, and my console is from launch day. Now, I always make backups of the games I buy, and play off an external HDD with USB Loader GX and the homebrew channel, to avoid wearing out the disc drive for nothing, and it's proven an excellent solution so far, what with the nearly 80 Wii discs I own now Smilie.

Yeah thats what i'm doing now, bought a small 320GB HDD only for Wii use and ripped all my games to it.
Completly silent and Xenoblade tends to load quicker than off the disk. Tis great!

Soooooooo does nobody know what the strongest weapon & armor sets are?

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

USB Loader ftw. I'm so happy! Smilie Smilie

Xenoblade!

IkeFE said:

Xenoblade!

Nice one, glad you got sorted.

Mr James2t3 said:
IkeFE said:

Xenoblade!

Nice one, glad you got sorted.

Thanks Mr. James. You're right about the positives of a USB loader. Goodbye nightmarish chainsaw noise, hello faster(quieter) load times! Smilie

I'd contemplated getting a device for this purpose, but fear stopped me. However my love for this game and you guys helpful advice got me to get one... its amazing!

Put Skyward Sword on there the other night too as the wii's disc drive is just about kaput now(Brawl and even single layered stuff is giving me errors).

4 Month Bump! And for a good reason too!

So I finally got round to the copy of Xenoblade I bought in the pre-Christmas sales last year and have been playing it on and off for the last 2-3 weeks for an hour or two at a time.

Good god, this easily has to be one of the biggest games I've ever played. How it stacks up to something like Skyrim in terms of vast land formations I'll probably never know, but the fact that something like this is possible on so-called weaker hardware is just mindblowing. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of the game at this point, but with insane affection for Persona 4 aside this has to be the most impressive JRPG of the generation, hands down.

The game already felt gigantic, but getting up to

has reinforced how ridiculously huge this game is. The story, whilst somewhat predictable by JRPG standards, is delivered and paced extremely well, and the characters are very likeable and fun to use. Except Riki. That annoying little git can take a running jump.

I'm 30 hours in so far, and if

then it seems I have a long way to go. Like it a lot so far though, might consider hunting down Last Story and Pandora's Tower after I finish this. Any impressions for those two would be welcome. ^^

Edit: Oh yeah, little trivia for any Doctor Who fans reading this. Look up who Melia's Voice Actress is. Smilie

( Edited 06.09.2012 22:33 by Phoenom )

About time you got on Xenoblade, Phoenom. If you want some of my impressions on Pandora's Tower, feel free to check out my reader review of it. It barely has any minor spoilers and only tells the basic concept of the game, though thanks to my structure you can easily skip that part and read on about the gameplay etc.

The Last Story focuses on a more linear, engrossing story and an even more action-heavy combat system. It's a blast all the way through but it's not that long with about 25 hours to beat the game. Graphics, music (it's freaking Uematsu!) and voice acting (much unlike Xenoblade's English dubs) are all great too.

I'd recommend getting both of them and even though I think Xenoblade is the better overall game they're still great in their own way.

Actually I say Xeno & TLS have good VAs with Xeno being slightly more Saturday morning cartoon at times...but having FAR better lip syncing than TLS has. Unfortunately no you can't explore Mechonis quite as much as Bionis & MAKE SURE you collect EVERY area exclusive item & fighter EVERY Unique Monster before you fight Egil. Once you're business is done on Mechonis you can't return to that giant at ALL. Only the hand is accessible after you fight Egil on Mechonis so make sure you don't miss A THING!!

Comment on Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii / Wii U Virtual Console)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Also known as

Xenoblade

Developer

Monolith

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Real Time RPG

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (10 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Insanoflex

There are 2 members online at the moment.