Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I can really recommend Trine 2. It's a great game, I feel they could have asked at least €30 for this.
- Good gameplay (puzzles, action, exploration, story)
- Gorgeous graphics (both on the TV and the Pad)
- Offline 3player coop
- Online 3player co0p
- Play on just the Game Pad
- In EU it costs €13,50 at the moment

Today I bought Nano Assault Neo. It takes some getting used to (the only other twin stick shooter I played was the awesome Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Wii). It looks lovely though and it seems hard enough. I also tried 2player mode which worked rather well. I advice using a Wii Classic Controller (Pro), because with just a Wiimote + Nunchuck, you have to shoot with the D-Pad. :/

Our member of the week

Damn, I wish they sold eShop Cards where I live, Trine 2 looks amazing, and any shooter that comes from Shin'en, I need it...

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
Damn, I wish they sold eShop Cards where I live, Trine 2 looks amazing, and any shooter that comes from Shin'en, I need it...

I have the same problem here....I'd really like to know why online stores like Amazon Germany aren't selling them. They sold Wii/DS point cards too, which only makes it worse. Either that or PayPal support would be really nice in the future...

Then again, I shouldn't be talking right now because I'm as broke as you can possibly get. Smilie

GC game running through homebrew on Wii Mode.

( Edited 03.12.2012 22:48 by Azuardo )

There's homebrew already? That was fast.

If it's this quick and easy they should just update the system and allow it to run GC games. DVDs would be nice, too. Yeah, I already have a DVD player, and yeah it's right next to my Wii U, but it's literally just taking up space, I'd much rather have my Wii U charge cradle where the DVD player is and the DVD player elsewhere in the house.

But I don't see either happening, especially not GC games, since those will most likely start coming to virtual console.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Not so much WiiU Homebrew as it is a certain kind of Wii Homebrew that was successfully transferred over to the WiiU, so the Wii Mode can still use it fine.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery
Our member of the week

Apparently, some of the hacks that were still working on Wii with the latest update STILL work on WiiU in Wiimode (Smash Stack does, apparently).

With the system still being so new, I'd rather not risk myself to softmod it already though XD.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Same here, but just yesterday I transferred all my data from both of my Wiis over to the WiiU Smilie interestingly the WiiU has a dedicated storage segmented off for the Wii Mode, so keeping all your Wii stuff on the SD Card to save space on the WiiU is pointless, may as well fill up those Wii Blocks!

Anyway I digress, I plan to use at least one of my old Wiis for "hacking the crap out of" and other related arts.

Is it just me or are Wii games actually much prettier on the Wii U? Since I bought an HD TV, Wii games looked so blurry and low res. But now on the Wii U, they look great again! Is it just the cable, or does the Wii U do some upscaling after all?
(I know it's not the high res that Dolphin puts out... but still better than 480.)

I think it's the cable, it doesn't upscale the Wii games but it certainly looks sharper and cleaner through the HDMI.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Tekken from Zavvi. If I don't get it today.. I don't know wtf they're doing. I'll probably email them or something if it doesn't come today.

SuperLink said:
I think it's the cable, it doesn't upscale the Wii games but it certainly looks sharper and cleaner through the HDMI.

Yep, I think so too. I've had a Wii2HDMI adapter for a while now and while the upscaling isn't anything particularly amazing I've never had anything remotely blurry since then. Heck even before with Component cables I never noticed all the blurry stuff people are crying about on the internet. Must have been my HD TV doing a great job dealing with 480p back then.

Hm ok, so it's not the Wii U but the cable. Check. I'm happy either way. Smilie

One thing that keeps bothering me: If you're on the internet browser and you see the home button blink, you know somebody came online. Obviously you want to know who it is. So you press the hme button... and bam, your internet is gone. If you were watching a Youtube movie, you have to restart the page, manually find where you were, etc.
The same thing happens when you want to lower the brightness of the screen. Or turn it off (you can't, right?). I hope Nintendo fixes it!

What kind of internet speeds do you get on the Wii U? I used to stream 720 (or better) Youtube on my TV, but the Wii U can't handle that. It runs out of cache really fast. It can't be my internet connection.

Did I already ridicule the Youtube app? It's horrible!! Did those developers even know the console game with a touch screen?

Ok major help needed guys! I caved in and bought a Wii U today, however, during the day one update my internet connection timed out and and the update stopped.

An error message came up saying the following;

Error Code : 108 - 0065

Could not connect to the server

Please try again later

If the problem persists please contact your local customer support centre quoting the error code, For contact details check the Wii Important Infomation booklet or visit support.nintendo.com

So far i havent turned off my console but i can't click the "OK" button to get off this message, i am too scared to turn off my console in fear of bricking my console! What should i dooo!!! Smilie

I don't think the console will brick, mine actually crashed while doing the Wii data transfer which freaked me out, but when I unplugged it and resumed it it was ok, it went quickly and everything seems fine.

If the console gets bricked, Nintendo will certainly send a free replacement, but I think it should be ok.

Also it's worth noting that Nintendo's servers may be down, apparently there's 'emergency maintenance' going on with the eShops today.

So what do i do? Turn it off? Its frozen on this screen, but i can scroll up and down the error message and the TV button works but the home button has been restricted. 

I'm too scared to turn off Smilie

Flynnie said:
So what do i do? Turn it off? Its frozen on this screen, but i can scroll up and down the error message and the TV button works but the home button has been restricted. 

Turn it off or unplug it unfortunately Smilie it'll prolly be fine and if it isn't you'll only have to wait a week or so before Nintendo send you a new one. I'm pretty sure if bricking was widespread it would have been reported by now so I think it'll be absolutely fine even if you unplug it.

SuperLink said:
Flynnie said:

Turn it off or unplug it unfortunately Smilie it'll prolly be fine and if it isn't you'll only have to wait a week or so before Nintendo send you a new one. I'm pretty sure if bricking was widespread it would have been reported by now so I think it'll be absolutely fine even if you unplug it.

You being serious? Couldn't i just return it to GAME? 

This is a very scary thing to do Superlink! Although there is absolutely nothing else i can do!

Flynnie said:
You being serious? Couldn't i just return it to GAME? 

This is a very scary thing to do Superlink! Although there is absolutely nothing else i can do!

Yep I'm serious and I'm sure it'll be fine, GAME could replace it too but that's if they have the stock available.

Just unplug it and believe in the heart of the cards otherwise you're just stuck Smilie

I just powered down rather than unplugged and it worked. Thanks Superlink Smilie 

I will scurry back to the forums tomorrow! Now for Nintendo land, screw the Day 1 update for now.

We need a catch up sometime Superlink, its been a while!

Flynnie said:
I just powered down rather than unplugged and it worked. Thanks Superlink Smilie 

I will scurry back to the forums tomorrow! Now for Nintendo land, screw the Day 1 update for now.

Glad it turned out ok! Day1 Update takes about an hour assuming the servers are running ok (which may not be the case right now)

I have a lot of catching up to do with a lot of people it seems Smilie It may have to wait til I'm done with this dissertation though (procrastination does not become me)

( Edited 04.12.2012 19:46 by SuperLink )

Woah you just lived my nightmare. I was so afraid of that happening to me. I'm glad it turned out fine!

When you get your update, be sure to add us. I find that looking up 1 guy and then inviting people in his friends list works a lot better than both entering each others IDs. In the first case, he gets a message that somebody added him. You don't get that message the other way.

Oh, I found two bugs by the way. One was a small one in Donkey Kong's Crash Course. I crashed myself into the final goal of course one... and it reset me to the last flag. It opened up a path to a previous part, but I had to kill myself to finish the game and go to the score screen.

The other bug is a bit bigger. When in Wii mode, turning off the console with the Wiimote power button shuts down the Wii U, but turns on the Upad. It will display an error, saying it can't connect to the console and you need to move closer.

Mush said:
I'm still waiting for my copy of Tekken from Zavvi. If I don't get it today.. I don't know wtf they're doing. I'll probably email them or something if it doesn't come today.

I was expecting my copy to arrive the other day but just as well it didnt as i was prepared to sell it as i didnt have a Wii U until my impulses gave in. I posted in another thread that my PS3 YLOD'ed on Friday just after my decision to not buy one from Amazon. 

I just couldnt resist, so now i have COD, NL and Tekken (when it wants to arrive)

SuperLink said:
Flynnie said:

Glad it turned out ok! Day1 Update takes about an hour assuming the servers are running ok (which may not be the case right now)

I have a lot of catching up to do with a lot of people it seems Smilie It may have to wait til I'm done with this dissertation though (procrastination does not become me)

Can't believe its been 3 years already SL! Thats gone crazily fast!  I started playing a very quick 10 minutes of NL but i noticed that boot up times are really slow... maybe i am just used to relatively quick Wii times. 

I've gone back to start the update but my word its slow! Really slow! I think thats more of a testament to my net connection. 

SirLink said:
SuperLink said:

Yep, I think so too. I've had a Wii2HDMI adapter for a while now and while the upscaling isn't anything particularly amazing I've never had anything remotely blurry since then. Heck even before with Component cables I never noticed all the blurry stuff people are crying about on the internet. Must have been my HD TV doing a great job dealing with 480p back then.

I noticed having the component cable for my Wii made games like Galaxy and Colours look great. Without the cable it looked a little crappy! I haven't tried it on my Wii U as of yet but i am sure these games will look just as fab.

Canyarion said:
Woah you just lived my nightmare. I was so afraid of that happening to me. I'm glad it turned out fine!

When you get your update, be sure to add us. I find that looking up 1 guy and then inviting people in his friends list works a lot better than both entering each others IDs. In the first case, he gets a message that somebody added him. You don't get that message the other way

Very very worried doing it...i was literally livid! But when it started working it was ok. I don't really play online never have, did play a few Mario Kart DS games with C3ers and Metroid Prime Hunters but i am not a big online gamer but sure add me, 

I will probably go and do all those kind of things tomorrow. 

Adding friends isn't just for multiplayer. It's also for reading eachothers Miiverse messages! I have to say that's something I really enjoy. Every time I turn on the U, I take some minutes to read the latest updates.

The only online multiplayer game I have is Trine 2...

I've just tried registering my Nintendo Network ID but it won't accept the code that was given in my email? Bit odd, tried resending it but i still get the error message, which by the way Nintendo are terrible at utilising the error codes on their website!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.