Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Again I would prolly put it down to the server and eShop maintenance going on atm.
That's very strange though o~o

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I feel like a right spac-head, this whole menu system is confusing me, i am really not sure how the whole MiiVerse thing works. The code didnt work but i can see people's comments in the Wara Wara plaza so i'd like to think i am now registered.

I am registered under the network ID of Flynnii , Add me!

Our member of the week

Flynnie said:
Ok major help needed guys! I caved in and bought a Wii U today, however, during the day one update my internet connection timed out and and the update stopped.

i am too scared to turn off my console in fear of bricking my console! What should i dooo!!!

The console conveniently downloads any update or patch for the games first and foremost and installs them afterwards, meaning there's no risk of bricking the console if the download times out.

And yeah, Miiverse has some hiccups. It had on Launch day, then worked fine the next 3 days for me, but then it started acting up today as well... On several occasions throughout the day, I got the message "Could not connect to Internet" when clearly my console was connected to Internet since I could use the web browser just fine, and I could still log into Miiverse (but it was super slow) but couldn't post anything. Too bad, because I had the most hilarious glitch happening to me in ZombiU and wanted to post a screenshot on Miiverse... but couldn't Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

The code you had to enter is for linking your Wii U to your Club Nintendo account. I think.

Edit: How do you take screenshots?

( Edited 04.12.2012 22:55 by Canyarion )

Canyarion said:
Edit: How do you take screenshots?

Press the Home button in the middle of a game, then it'll give you the option to post it when you go to Miiverse.
Doesn't work with all games though, it doesn't work with Tekken for example.

Flynnie said:
I feel like a right spac-head, this whole menu system is confusing me, i am really not sure how the whole MiiVerse thing works. The code didnt work but i can see people's comments in the Wara Wara plaza so i'd like to think i am now registered.

I am registered under the network ID of Flynnii , Add me!

My issue is that i can't get back to that screen, although i can actually get on to Mii Verse and have just been playing COD online, in my first 3 games i came in the top 3 twice so i am a little proud as i havent played a COD game in 2 years! 

I keep having to install updates to play games though, i just thought id whirl up Nintendo land and have been stinted with another 15 minute update! Let alone the first one that went through when i played it earlier! What gives!

Our member of the week

Normally, if you choose to have the user selection menu on startup of the console, it should offer you to add the confirmation code upon selecting your Mii...

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I can't believe that no-one has posted about the 1 hour update to Wii Software today! So shocking! When will all these updates end!

Regular firmware updates around a system's launch are pretty common Smilie this one was handy as it improves the overall performance speed (hopefully the ridiculous loading times for the WiiU menus will be less ridiculous now)

Flynnie said:
I can't believe that no-one has posted about the 1 hour update to Wii Software today! So shocking! When will all these updates end!
That update only took me about 25 mins. Like SuperLink said, it isn't uncommon for a new system to have regular updates. At least Nintendo are fixing problems quickly.

( Edited 06.12.2012 12:49 by Mush )

I really don't mind the updates if they keep automatically downloading themselves while I'm doing something else like playing NSMBU. Installing them doesn't take long at all, so it's not that bad really.

( Edited 06.12.2012 10:14 by SirLink )

Welcome back, Barry and Sheena.

Good to see you both again.

Some nice games on CoD there Flynnie! Off to bed now though.

Dead already...
Dear customer, we would like to let you know that Nintendo has always aimed to offer gameplay experiences suited to all age groups, observing carefully all the relevant regulations regarding content access that are present in the various European countries.We have thus decided to restrict the access to content which is unsuitable to minors (PEGI) to the 11pm - 3am time window.

Linkyshinks said:
Dead already...
Dear customer, we would like to let you know that Nintendo has always aimed to offer gameplay experiences suited to all age groups, observing carefully all the relevant regulations regarding content access that are present in the various European countries.We have thus decided to restrict the access to content which is unsuitable to minors (PEGI) to the 11pm - 3am time window.

Wow I heard about this but it's real? That's insanely dumb.

It's true...It makes a mockery of the claim this console is for everyone. There are clearly defined parental controls on Wii U that prevent miss-use by minors. so why then do we have this BS?. This only works to put more stress on servers when new games release, it's a terrible idea and reeks of Nintendo knowing nothing about this area of the business. This will only cause frustration to adults who simply want to play X game ASAP. Most will not wait. Those in charge of PSN and Live must be celebrating at this news. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-07-nintendo-blocking-18-rated-wii-u-eshop-content-at-certain-times

( Edited 07.12.2012 17:18 by Linkyshinks )

SuperLink said:
Linkyshinks said:
Dead already...

Wow I heard about this but it's real? That's insanely dumb.
Yes, it's real. I tried to purchase Zombi U on the eShop. (Just as a test, wasn't actually going to pay inflated prices, but yeah) I got a message telling me that this content had been restricted for certain times. It's something like this that makes me wonder why they even bothered asking about date of birth and even have parental control options you can use.

Pretty stupid...

As far as I'm aware it only affects 18-rated games. I haven't tried it with something that's rated PEGI 16. This doesn't really affect me until some PEGI 18 downloadable games come out.

Nintendolife Article:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/talking_point_time_for_wii_u_to_treat_us_like_adults

( Edited 07.12.2012 18:47 by Linkyshinks )

Good article. Everyone should mass email it to Nintendo Europe.

I don't get why I had to install a 600 MB update that didn't fix anything. My Wii U still freezes and has to be unplugged once every 3 days or so. I'm actually pretty pissed off, because I was having an amazing game in Call of Duty, had leveled up my gun twice and was going to save the video. Now all of that's gone.

Kinda don't want to touch my Wii U until they actually fix the freezing issue. I get that early adopters always suffer from bugs, but again, it would be different if I hadn't just downloaded a massive update that apparently does nothing.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Also, I think Flynnie was talking about the Wii system update, not Wii U. Apparently the Wii got a system update for the first time in forever.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

justonesp00lturn said:
I don't get why I had to install a 600 MB update that didn't fix anything. My Wii U still freezes and has to be unplugged once every 3 days or so. I'm actually pretty pissed off, because I was having an amazing game in Call of Duty, had leveled up my gun twice and was going to save the video. Now all of that's gone.

Kinda don't want to touch my Wii U until they actually fix the freezing issue. I get that early adopters always suffer from bugs, but again, it would be different if I hadn't just downloaded a massive update that apparently does nothing.

Hmm... am I the only one who doesn't experience frequent freezing? I've had my Wii U freeze once, whilst trying to load a webpage in the browser. The browser didn't want to load up the page and when I pressed the home button, the Wii U Menu loading screen just stayed on screen.

Never had a freeze myself. WiFi pass was a bit pernickety, entered it loads of times before it decided to work. Apart from that, no stability problems.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

My WiiU has freezed once so far during the Wii data transfer but that's it Smilie

No freezes for me at all so far.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.