Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Hi is any one else having trouble logging into the official Nintendo account? i can not get past the login pop-up screen. i tried to reset the password but this went to an error screen and i tried to email for help but this also goes to an error screen.  Also on a side note Nintendo employees have the word Nintendo in their Wii U username which is why i could not be Nintendostanley Smilie it is a shame the only console i can not be Nintendostanley on is a nintendo

Flapper!

NintendoStanley said:
Also on a side note Nintendo employees have the word Nintendo in their Wii U username which is why i could not be Nintendostanley Smilie it is a shame the only console i can not be Nintendostanley on is a nintendo
I think it's a great idea that Nintendo decided to take this move. Along with the tick next to certified members' Miis, it separates official from fraudsters. It makes complete sense to me, but not everyone will agree.

Sorry, no login problems here...

Today my NSMBU finally arrived! Smilie And I just 100%'d Rayman Origins... so I don't have to play multiple platformers at once. Smilie So that's 246/246.

Scratch that last post then! lf Aliens, MH3 and Bayonetta are all Q1 games then we're sorted. Ace launch games, ace second wave and E3 to come. Yep, it's all good. (faith restored)

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Interesting feature concerning launch games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/wii_u_review_score_average_is_modest_at_best

justonesp00lturn said:
The forecast isn't looking great on the third-party front. I'll leave a little bit of room for hope though (Black Ops 2 wasn't confirmed for Wii U until like two weeks before it came out, for example, despite Treyarch giving the same "no announcements to make" lines we're seeing here).

Surely that isn't true...i thought this was showcased at E3 this year....It was during the Nintendo conference and took up loads of time!

I think Nintendo have got some killer games coming, but until the PS4/720 is announced they will just keep them under the hood! NEVER under-estimate Nintendo!

Little Inferno soundtrack for free: http://tomorrowcorporation.com/little-inferno-soundtrack
I love Kyle Gabler. <3

I think they want to release Bayonetta 2 in Q1 in Japan... I wonder if that's even possible, all we've seen from the game is 1 short teaser. And they haven't said anything about the release outside Japan.

Flynnie said:
justonesp00lturn said:
The forecast isn't looking great on the third-party front. I'll leave a little bit of room for hope though (Black Ops 2 wasn't confirmed for Wii U until like two weeks before it came out, for example, despite Treyarch giving the same "no announcements to make" lines we're seeing here).

Surely that isn't true...i thought this was showcased at E3 this year....It was during the Nintendo conference and took up loads of time!

That isn't true. A Treyarch tester revealed it was coming to Wii U in August. Then it was officially confirmed in September.

Canyarion said:
I think they want to release Bayonetta 2 in Q1 in Japan... I wonder if that's even possible, all we've seen from the game is 1 short teaser. And they haven't said anything about the release outside Japan.

There was a mention of Bayonetta 2 since the teaser? Smilie All I remember is complete silence...

Ehm I think I heard something about a Q1 or Q2 launch... but that might just have been speculation.

Silence is right. Q3 is my guess.

Flynnie said:
justonesp00lturn said:

I think Nintendo have got some killer games coming, but until the PS4/720 is announced they will just keep them under the hood! NEVER under-estimate Nintendo!

You're right, I was off by a bit. Black Ops 2 for Wii U was announced just over a month before release. Not at E3, though, it wasn't confirmed until their showcase in September, so roughly 5 weeks before the game's launch if I'm correct.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Azuardo said:

That isn't true. A Treyarch tester revealed it was coming to Wii U in August. Then it was officially confirmed in September.

My bad. My main point stands though, the game wasn't officially confirmed until about a month before release. Most of the games on the list of games not coming to Wii U don't come out for several months, some not even for a year, so I think it's too early to give up hope entirely.

I do believe that probably 90-100% of them won't in the end, though, just giving my two cents on what's possible.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

So, I'm not really contributing to the conversation, but I had some free time and have just read through a majority of this thread. It was very interesting to watch the opinions of the people on the Wii-U change over time. Some thought it was the most innovative system ever and then went on to bash it, while others doubted it and have since gone on to praise it.

What is a little disheartening is that the majority of the people have gone from praise to doubt. I have to admit, I have been one of those people. The Wii-U has the ability to succeed, but recently Nintendo seems to have been blind to the direction of the industry. I hope that in the coming months support for the system will increase, and I don't expect it to acquire every game (especially those that have been in development since the time, or before, the Wii-U was announced), but I do expect to see an effort on Nintendo's part to get those games, whether it come to fruition or not.  

( Edited 17.12.2012 17:37 by Hawk )

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Smilie

Oh by the way, does youtube.com (browser) not work for anyone else??? It's so frustrating!

Our member of the week

Shoulda checked your Miiverse notifications, I asked this in the YT community on there. Someone told me to replace the ?watch= string in the URL by embed/ for it to work. And it does.

Like I said on there, it's really uncomfortable having to do this every time, but that remains a better experience than the YT app on Wii U XD.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Ah yeah I did see that on Miiverse, but back then I didn't know something was up with Youtube. Smilie Thanks, I'll try that. It really sucks though...

Phoenom said:

Smilie

OH MY GOD Smilie

Also yeah, I'm one of the people who's gone from positive to negative, I think that's because while the third party support was strong around launch I'm frustrated that almost none of next year's big third party games are coming to WiiU.

However I think most people who doubted the controller or Miiverse now love them, they're both fantastic.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Phoenom said:

Smilie

That is hilarious!!

I am slightly dissapointed that 3rd party titles arent coming to the Wii, but i wouldnt have purchased the majority of them anyway! Although i hate the shit that developers spout  for example;

"With the Wii U we wanted to try something unique and under the current timeframes we won't be able too" 

Why just not port it? It's not too late if some of these titles don't even use the game pad in different ways! Grrrrr, methinks something else is awry!

If by Q3/Q4 2013 the same was still happening then i would be very worried...

WiiWaaWiiU?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193243

( Edited 21.12.2012 08:40 by Linkyshinks )

Youtube on the browser works fine again!!!!

Snail Slow OS Probably Wont be Fixed with Next Update

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/22/slow-wii-u-os-probably-wont-be-fixed-in-next-system-update/

Could he maybe eat a gobstopper too?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.