Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

And SuperLink??

Aw yeah, that's me at the bottom left! Smilie I'm on NeoGAF!

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I don't think i'd care to bring all my VC games to gamepad support, but games like Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Link to the Past are all definates. 

I wonder what will happen to the Donkey Kong Country games? They were mysteriously removed...so i wonder if they will be re-added? Slightly annoyed that we will have to repay, but at least the pricing won't be too painful.

Nonetheless watching that Nintendo Direct made me feel quite happy, i do like how Nintendo have public ally apologised, at least they have recognised that, now they just need to make good on their promise. I always expect Nintendo schedules to be pushed back anyway, and its never really harmed a game, they really are true perfectionists! 

I'm looking forward to seeing the N64 VC games make the jump to the GamePad. Mario Kart 64 in particular. Smilie

Edit: Can anyone with Trine 2 play online co-op with me over the weekend? It got the big update late last night. Smilie

( Edited 25.01.2013 08:46 by Phoenom )

I love this fat trucker dude...lol

Iwata Asks PG

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/platinum-games/0/0

https://www.facebook.com/TheWonderful101

https://www.facebook.com/BuyBayonetta2

( Edited 25.01.2013 18:25 by Linkyshinks )

Phoenom said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the N64 VC games make the jump to the GamePad. Mario Kart 64 in particular. Smilie

Edit: Can anyone with Trine 2 play online co-op with me over the weekend? It got the big update late last night. Smilie

I might be online on Sunday. The only problem is that I don't want to play any parts I haven't reached yet in my campaign. Smilie I'm in that chapter with the blue portals in a castle or so.

Coming from the Two Tribes Twitter...

It may seem like a simple 2D game, but we're simulating levels with hundreds of entities, 15 music streams, depth blur and dynamic shadows. After some magic code from @mbouterse, we can now confidently say Toki Tori will run at 60fps when it ships! Smooth as silk!

Canyarion said:
Phoenom said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the N64 VC games make the jump to the GamePad. Mario Kart 64 in particular.

Edit: Can anyone with Trine 2 play online co-op with me over the weekend? It got the big update late last night.

I might be online on Sunday. The only problem is that I don't want to play any parts I haven't reached yet in my campaign. I'm in that chapter with the blue portals in a castle or so.

Ah okay, I'm quite far into the game so we'll just continue at your save point, I'll be able to help you out. Early tomorrow morning sound good? Smilie

A little Toki Tori

GamePad Tripod

http://www.eforchina.com/view/148383/Adjustable-Medium-sized-Tripod-for-Nintendo-Wii-U--Effective-Height--1.2m-.htm

( Edited 26.01.2013 17:10 by Linkyshinks )

Just saw this on IGN, about Wii U possibly supporting Gamecube controllers, now i know for me i don't want to move all my Smash Bros Brawl data over to my Wii U because i much more prefer using the Gamecube controller.

Now obviously i can't imagine this would happen but do you all miss your cube controller support?

http://www.ign.com/blogs/ffvii_valentine/2012/01/19/wii-u-should-support-gamecube-controllers-heres-how

Phoenom said:
Ah okay, I'm quite far into the game so we'll just continue at your save point, I'll be able to help you out. Early tomorrow morning sound good? Smilie
What time zone are you in, UK? Tomorrow morning won't be possible for me. I actually made some plans to make a huge snowman/snowtower with friends, before all the snow finally melts.
And I also have other stuff to do (like build my new Ikea closet). Smilie Sorry!

Yeah, UK. Ah well that's unfortunate, I'm busy the rest of the day. Smilie Maybe another time. Smilie

Hm I'll be back home around 1PM my time, which is 12AM your time. Still online at that moment? I made some time by letting the snow melt much quicker than expected.

Nope, sorry. We'll leave it for another time. Smilie

Flynnie said:
Just saw this on IGN, about Wii U possibly supporting Gamecube controllers, now i know for me i don't want to move all my Smash Bros Brawl data over to my Wii U because i much more prefer using the Gamecube controller.

Now obviously i can't imagine this would happen but do you all miss your cube controller support?

http://www.ign.com/blogs/ffvii_valentine/2012/01/19/wii-u-should-support-gamecube-controllers-heres-how

Nintendo would never create adapters, they'd lose a potential revenue stream. What's more likely are actual legacy controllers like the Super Nintendo one that plugs into the Wii remote, but I don't expect them to be made available until GC hits the VC or New Smash Bros. controls leave gamers wanting.

Honestly I don't see this obsession with the GameCube controller. Yes, in the early days of the Wii it was a good way to play SSBB. But these days we have Wii U Pro Controllers, Classic Pro, we have the Upad with more than enough buttons.

Can we just accept that the GameCube controller is a 12 year old piece of hardware that's not compatible with today's new hardware?

Canyarion said:
Honestly I don't see this obsession with the GameCube controller. Yes, in the early days of the Wii it was a good way to play SSBB. But these days we have Wii U Pro Controllers, Classic Pro, we have the Upad with more than enough buttons.

Can we just accept that the GameCube controller is a 12 year old piece of hardware that's not compatible with today's new hardware?

I think a lot of people wish they could use it for Wii games again. I know I do.
Of course I'd also be very happy if they added Pro Controller functionality to the Wii Mode, but I can't see that happening.

SuperLink said:
Canyarion said:

I think a lot of people wish they could use it for Wii games again. I know I do.
Of course I'd also be very happy if they added Pro Controller functionality to the Wii Mode, but I can't see that happening.

Indeed this is my gripe, i don't want to fork out £30 (if i am lucky) on 2 Wii U Pro Controllers to play SSBB, like Superlink said, its more to play the Wii games on the Wii U...rather than play Wii U games with the Cube controller. Especially as I have 4 great condition Cube controllers (2 of which have barely ever been used) 

I wouldn't mind putting my Wii into the attic if thats the case, but right now i don't want to transfer my Wii data to my Wii U because of losing Cube controller functionality for Smash. Its hard enough to get my mates play Wii/Wii U games as it is simply because they hate the Wiimote/Nunchuck set up, even playing with the Classic Controller is a no-no as well.

I guess i will just have to keep two consoles running....Smilie

Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can cherrypick what you transfer to your Wii U in the data transfer. (e.g. If i wanted to move everything over to my Wii U except Smash Bros Brawl data) is it possible?

Our member of the week

Flynnie said:
Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can cherrypick what you transfer to your Wii U in the data transfer. (e.g. If i wanted to move everything over to my Wii U except Smash Bros Brawl data) is it possible?

You can't cherry pick anything, everything that can be transferred... gets transferred. The only way to prevent losing your SSBB save from you Wii memory in the process is to keep a copy of it on another SD card, then put it back into your Wii afterwards (if SSBB data can be copied, which I don't think you can anyway).

The data transfer won't transfer Wii save data which is copy protected, such as animal crossing for example, and I think Fire Emblem as well (and then I'm almost sure SSBB is one of those as well)

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
The only way to prevent losing your SSBB save from you Wii memory in the process is to keep a copy of it on another SD card, then put it back into your Wii afterwards (if SSBB data can be copied, which I don't think you can anyway).
Wait, wait, wait.

The whole Wii to Wii U transfer system is meant exactly for above mentioned problem. Some save data (typically that of online games) is tied to a Wii console and can't be simply copied to another console.
With the transfer tool, you can transfer ALL SAVE DATA to your Wii U. Even the one that should have been tied to your Wii.

The next part is speculation on my part: after you've transferred this type of save data, it won't work on your old Wii anymore. It is now tied to your Wii U and can only be used there. Saving a backup onto SD card won't make any difference.

And no, I haven't seen any way to manually choose which save data gets transferred.

Save data that can be copied to an SD Card can obviously be transferred or copied to and from your Wii and WiiU as you wish.
But yeah the issue is games like Brawl, can't be moved/copied any other way but the System Transfer.

Thats a tad annoying...i guess i could do one of two things.....transfer everything over and then start SSBB save data all over again on the Wii....or just not bother....Smilie

Why are Nintendo so overly cautious! 

Play Solitaire on GamePad for Free

Open Internet browser...

http://pasjans-online.pl/

Our member of the week

SuperLink said:
Save data that can be copied to an SD Card can obviously be transferred or copied to and from your Wii and WiiU as you wish.
But yeah the issue is games like Brawl, can't be moved/copied any other way but the System Transfer.

ah yeah that's right, it gets transferred, but not deleted from your original console I think (I had some save data leftover after I completed the transfer, I guess they were these games)

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
SuperLink said:

ah yeah that's right, it gets transferred, but not deleted from your original console I think (I had some save data leftover after I completed the transfer, I guess they were these games)

So wait, are you telling me that when you did the Wii - Wii U transfer it copied over your Smash Bros Brawl data as oppose to moving it? If so then that is what i'd like to do!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52, Nayu

There are 2 members online at the moment.