Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

But if they really didn't have a choice (they probably did but we'll never know the details) there isn't really much they can do. And they will get away with treating users like crap, devs do it all the time, most notably EA lately with all their Origin shit.

Ubisoft make good games and it's good to have their support on the WiiU (for real, not Wii-level Ubisoft shovelware) so maybe if their hardcore games sell and build a WiiU userbase they'll consider continuing to support it more.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

EXCLUSIVE RAYMAN LEGENDS Wii U DEMO!

Thanks for all your feedback regarding Rayman Legends in all of its forms. We have heard you and we will continue to listen. We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game.We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more.Thanks, Craig

At least it's "EXCLUSIVE", till your number of plays runs out, lol. With a six month wait that won't take very long...

( Edited 08.02.2013 22:24 by Linkyshinks )

Our member of the week

SuperLink said:
The best way is to probably support Ubisoft's WiiU releases as best you can as well as giving them regular feedback via MiiVerse.

That won't stop some here to buy it on a different platform, "just because" Smilie. Why support Wii U releases when you already consider that Wii U is only for first and second party exclusives after all?

Canyarion said:
I'm not interested in violent games like Assassin's Creed. By the way, why would I want to play a game with two asses in the title?

There's much more to Assassin's Creed 3 than the violence. I had never played an AC game before, and I wasn't interested at all in getting it. Then it was lent to me and the first hour or so I was like "Meh". Then I started liking it and couldn't let go of it in the long run... I ended up playing it till I completed it 100%. If you can borrow it from someone, I'd suggest you do before you dismiss it completely. The naval battles are awesome Smilie.

I wasn't going to get Batman Arkhan City either until I tried it thanks to a friend, and thought it was an amazing game. These games really deserve a demo on the eShop so people can get a better idea of what they would be missing from not buying them.

EDIT: Oh and I should mention that I'm getting a copy of AC3 for myself... The "Join or Die" edition is just 45 quids on GAME at the moment (the same price as the regular version, which is something I don't quite get but... who cares?)

( Edited 08.02.2013 23:16 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

What worries me will be the lack of some sports games, especially FIFA 14, if EA are not planning to release even that on the Wii U i would be very concerned. 

People are definitely emphasising their lust on power, but maybe those who are doing that just don't get Nintendo. That's fine, its not the company for everyone...although it makes me wonder what they are doing on the forum in the first place Smilie ...especially for some who have been around for a long time....

Quite frankly not one Nintendo home console has let me down, and they have had their own ground breaking games which should set the industry benchmark, and they do time after time. 

The Wii and DS didnt really take off until a year after a release, the Wii U could really sell through in the 2013/2014 holiday season with the prospect of a new Mario Kart/Zelda remake and undoubtedly some more aces up the sleeve! 

Lack of sports games is strange, but I think that's to do with Nintendo not agreeing with EA's online philosophy I imagine. There has been much controversy surrounding origin and EA's continuously increasing usage of microtransactions being necessary to make the most of their games; even big important games like Dead Space 3 are doing it.

It's possible that Nintendo said they didn't want EA to bring a service that could ban people from their games altogether.. (people have been banned from Origin permanently simply for criticising the game) and EA may have chosen to take their business elsewhere due to this.

I can't imagine EA remaining this way forever to be honest, but it'll be interesting to see how shit they get before they clean up.

I had high hopes for the FIFA series using the game pad for strategic moves...but they just didn't pull it off! Such potential....

On another note, does anyone know when TVii is getting launched in the UK?

Our member of the week

Flynnie said:
I had high hopes for the FIFA series using the game pad for strategic moves...but they just didn't pull it off! Such potential....

A potential maybe best left to be exploited by another game which in turn would make for a formidable exclusive on the system, whereas FIFA13 or FIFA14 would never be exclusive to one system.

If done right, and with word of mouth among football fans (or soccer for those that call it like that), it could become a new reference of the genre.

Nintendo Screws Over Ardent Fan

This story scares me...I'll be buying the bulk of downloadble games on other systems this gen, and keeping my 122 VC games on Wii. I see no incentive what so ever in bringing them over to a sluggish system, which then attempts to fleece me further by touting the ability to use a basic core feature of the console.

Not happy with everything VC related.

http://kotaku.com/5982965/nintendo-fan- ... -u-problem

A very good article with very valid criticisms...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/nint ... ecosystem/

MW4 & BF4 Listed for Wii U

http://www.zmart.cl/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=33167
http://www.zmart.cl/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=33166

Aliens CM

Out on Tuesday, on PC, 360 and PS3 only*. Available to Pre-Load on Steam. Aliens CM DLC Season Pack also available on Steam. 

*Wii U version not made by Gearbox, instead made by Demiurge Studios the same company PC gamers will remember for managing to ruin Mass Effect PC version. No release date.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/08/movie-dos-and-donts-for-aliens-colonial-marines.aspx

North AmericaGameStop Exclusive Pre-Order Content in North America*
  • Four Playable Movie Characters
  • Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.*Vasquez added
  • Additional Marines Character Customization Options
  • Ripley's FlamethrowerCollector's Edition*
    • High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
    • Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone. *Vasquez added
  • Ripley's Flamethrower
  • Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
    • Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
    • Phase Plasma Rifle
  • Exclusive Game Level
    • USCM Academy Firing Range
  • USCM Dossier
    • Mission Brief
    • USS Sephora Schematic
    • Recruitment Card
    • LV-426 Recon Photo
    • USCM Iron-on Badges
    • USCM Graduation Certificate
    InternationalLimited Edition for Pre-Order*
    • Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.*Vasquez added
  • Ripley's FlamethrowerCollector's Edition*
    • High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
  • Ripley's Flamethrower
  • Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
    • Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
    • Phase Plasma Rifle
  • Exclusive Game Level
    • USCM Academy Firing Range
  • USCM Dossier
    • Mission Brief
    • USS Sephora Schematic
    • Recruitment Card
    • LV-426 Recon Photo
    • USCM Iron-on Badges
    • USCM Graduation Certificate
    *While supplies last. Participating retailers only. Internet connection required to access downloadable bonus content.

( Edited 09.02.2013 07:53 by Linkyshinks )

• Flynnie said:
    What worries me will be the lack of some sports games, especially FIFA 14, if EA are not planning to release even that on the Wii U i would be very concerned. 

I wouldn't hold much hope either way, as well as selling poorly on Wii U, EA showed how much they cared about the platform when FIFA 13 Wii U lacked:

• First Touch control  
    • Complete Dribbling
    • Player Impact Engine
    = Different inferior game

(Oh, but at least it had better grass textures than the other versions)

The game on Wii U still got an awesome score from Adam though...

Linkyshinks said:
    Nintendo Fucks Over Fan

http://kotaku.com/5982965/nintendo-fan-is-unhappy-with-nintendos-200-answer-to-his-400-wii-u-problem

Nintendo are seriously shit...

Sounds like his own fault to me, you're gunna tell me that someone who is such a "big fan" of nintendo (hell or even consoles in general) doesn't contact them first before they trade in their console. The story is either made up or the guy is dumb. It's always been like that with all consoles. Something goes wrong first thing you do is contact the manufactures not trade it in then decide to call. That fault is on him not Nintendo he's lucky he's gotten some money back could've been nothing.

J Tangle said:
    Linkyshinks said:
    Nintendo Fucks Over Fan

http://kotaku.com/5982965/nintendo-fan-is-unhappy-with-nintendos-200-answer-to-his-400-wii-u-problem

Nintendo are seriously shit...

Sounds like his own fault to me, you're gunna tell me that someone who is such a "big fan" of nintendo (hell or even consoles in general) doesn't contact them first before they trade in their console. The story is either made up or the guy is dumb. It's always been like that with all consoles. Something goes wrong first thing you do is contact the manufactures not trade it in then decide to call. That fault is on him not Nintendo he's lucky he's gotten some money back could've been nothing.

Most owners won't know their ID is not transferable, there are no warnings about loss of content this way on either the manuals or on-screen. It was an honest mistake and real, but it shouldn't result in this when his CN account proves everything, or so he believed.

A fan cannot be blamed for assuming Nintendo had created a solid account system in this generation of consoles. What do you think would have happened if his console was stolen and he provided a police report?  According to Nintendo's customer services, nothing. Do you think the same bullshit applies to PSN or Live?

Linkyshinks said:Most owners won't know their ID is not transferable, there are no warnings about loss of content this way on either the manuals or on-screen. It was an honest mistake and real, but it shouldn't result in this when his CN account proves everything, or so he believed.

A fan cannot be blamed for assuming Nintendo had created a solid account system in this generation of consoles. What do you think would have happened if his console was stolen and he provided a police report?  According to Nintendo's customer services, nothing. Do you think the same bullshit applies to PSN or Live?

Wait, so you're telling me all these early adopters of wii U who've been following the thing from two e3s and several nintendo directs plus all the new reports from different game sites don't have any idea about how the system works? So in these times where dropping 300-350$ on one product doesnt come across as cheap, you're telling me no one has been doing their research? Sounds like bull shit man. And what the Hell does this have to do with Ps3 and 360 we're talking about how things operate on a nintendo console.

That article painted a picture of that guy being a "huge Nintendo fan" who has put in over 400$ into VC and WW games yet he doesnt understand how the console operates after dropping nearly the same amount of money for a new console. Nothing about that sounds weird to you? Maybe I'm just giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I feel like when you put that much money down you shouldve gained some type of experience of using the console. Not saying he should know how to make games for it but he should atleast know the basics of how it works like any "fan" of a console.

( Edited 09.02.2013 08:47 by J Tangle )

He's provided images as proof. Nobody with sanity would knowingly jeopardize over $400 worth of content.

The system in place should never require fan knowledge as you suggest, that's absolutely ridiculous, such information should given by the console maker within the product box in a way that is easy for all to understand. Furthermore, on screen notifications during the transfer process. Nintendo shouldn't waste screen time on useless Pikmin animations, but instead further warn users about what they should doing in the event of a console failure.

Downloadable content on PS3 and 360 are fully recoverable via their respective accounts, if your console is stolen or burns in a house fire, you can redownload them with ease. DL games on Nintendo's platforms continue to be lamely tied to the console itself.

It's the only reason why I've yet to throw my Wii out of a window rock n roll style Smilie

( Edited 09.02.2013 10:23 by Linkyshinks )

Our member of the week

Yeah, the Wii to Wii U transfer isn't even made transparent to someone who never goes to websites and does his research. I don't believe a single second that anyone in his right mind who would really miss these 400$ would do something so stupid.

The complaints about the ID system lacking flexibility are valid, no one will question that, but that story seems too far fetched to be true. I can't help but put myself in hi situation and imagine how I would react. I think I would first sit down in horror at the prospect of losing all that content... and then imagining all the options open to me to get that content back... If there were 400$ at stake, I certainly wouldn't act before doing my research on the web first.

EDIT: How's that list of downloaded VC titles and an image of an eShop account loaded with 200$ any proof that the story is true? If anything it proves that anyone would made up the story went to great lengths to make it seem plausible. If I had nothing better to do with my time than make up stories that prove what everyone knew already, that Nintendo's digital policy is crap, then I'd certainly go to those great lengths to make it seem like my made up story is true, that's for sure... But I would have to be one heck of an anti-Nintendo bloke. Oh but wait, the whole web at the moment seems intent to prove that Nintendo is dead... What a surprise!

( Edited 09.02.2013 10:27 by RudyC3 )

I recall how "websites" led many to believe that Wii U users would soon have accounts, that actually meant something.

If it's true, it certainly raises some flags Nintendo need to check out, because I don't believe their account system is as convenient or great as it could or should be either. I really think accounts need to be transferable properly and that Wii functions need to be properly integrated into WiiU. Maybe Nintendo will do this eventually.

But yeah, if he had that much spent on Wii Shop he can't have been that  ~casual~ about gaming, he would have used big SD cards and such for his Wii, and really should have known better than to trade it in, especially without asking them how to recover his games.

If the rumours about the NextBox are true, accounts won't be transferrable so there will be similar problems on that, I'd imagine.

http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/special/interview/vol11/vol11_1.html

• Mission is to massively increase the amount of personnel at Monolith Soft
    • Looking for designers with skills in 3DCG, effects and motion
    • Monolith Soft have realized just how important it is for a team to work closely together
    • The number of meetings between Nintendo and Monolith Soft has increased greatly
    • Nintendo have been actively consulting on their work and providing feedback
    • Monolith Soft say they're amazed by Nintendo's ability to work and think together
    • They believe it's a major asset to producing quality products
    • This has inspired Monolith Soft to do the same with their studio
    • The team is making people feel included by asking programmers who aren't often in talks with designers, for ideas
    • Concerns some of the staff had about the idea of moving to Kyoto is now a thing of the past
    • The devs are working closely the together, almost as a family, to make great games

Sounds good, Monolith have been improving in leaps and bounds since their earlier days.

Also, contrary to the story about the guy who lost all his Wii Shop data, here's a story of Nintendo managing to save it completely: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195870
    In any case it sounds like Nintendo really need to get in some consistency on this thing!

( Edited 09.02.2013 14:28 by SuperLink )

Yeah that guys seems like a complete idiot, that or someone who did this on purpose to make a point. Either way no sympathy from me. The only genuine issue i have with the VC now is how long its gonna take before all the titles available on the Wii will have gamepad support. I don't mind paying a small fee for that. Hell before they announced gamepad support I even suggested it. There are other negatives

-50hz versions(Seen as I never played the 60hz version its not a major issue for me personally). Considering the miiverse reaction, I fully expect 60hz suppport in the future
    -Load times(Nintendo have pledged to fix them in two updates) 

I think you should tone it down a little bit linkyshinks as you're starting to come across a little overly critical. 

( Edited 09.02.2013 14:41 by JayUK )

JayUK, do you mean Superlink or Linkyshinks? I wouldn't say Superlink is trolling here,,,

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

whoops sorry guys got your names mixed up, yeah linkyshinks.

And I totally understand a lot of the criticisms but I think the thread is descending a little bit into the bash nintendo topic. I think after the ubisoft news, every little thing is being treated with the same amount, if not more negativity. I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit.

( Edited 09.02.2013 14:45 by JayUK )

I just hope it doesn't cost like £3 just to transfer an N64 game I already spent £7 on. Smilie

Ifrit XXII said:
    I just hope it doesn't cost like £3 just to transfer an N64 game I already spent £7 on. Smilie

I don't understand why it should, its not like there's anymore work been put into it than a snes game.

( Edited 09.02.2013 15:03 by JayUK )

Considering SNES games are like £1.20 to transfer or something I wouldn't be surprised if N64 games were around £3 :c it's weird that N64 games haven't been confirmed for VC yet, I wonder what they're doing Smilie

JayUK said:
    whoops sorry guys got your names mixed up, yeah linkyshinks.

And I totally understand a lot of the criticisms but I think the thread is descending a little bit into the bash nintendo topic. I think after the ubisoft news, every little thing is being treated with the same amount, if not more negativity. I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit.

What the frick are you talking about, tone what down?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
    Site Feed
    Who's Online?
    Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.