Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Phoenom said:
It's a Nintendo/Square-Enix collaboration project.

Why d'you say that?

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery
Our member of the week

Phoenom said:

You think it's a western version for draque X?

( Edited 13.03.2013 12:05 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

TASUE NintendoLife Review

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/amazing_spider_man_ultimate_edition

edit:

DB: As mentioned in previous news articles before, you guys are working on another "AAA game port" for Wii U. Can you give any information about the game?

SR: "We can't talk about what we're working on right now, but should be in a position to do so very soon. I don't think it will disappoint."

( Edited 13.03.2013 18:09 by Linkyshinks )

SuperLink said:
Phoenom said:

Why d'you say that?

Nintendo X Kingdom Hearts :O

Frankie Muniz NFSMWWIIU Edition Advert

Our member of the week

Can't wait for this to arrive next week Smilie. The ad is terrible though :/...

Too logical and cool to ever happen...

Shantae Wii U or 3DS?

https://twitter.com/WayForwardTech/status/313702434608398336/photo/1

Purple hair means it could be Shantae's baby.

( Edited 18.03.2013 22:21 by Linkyshinks )

Linkyshinks said:
Too logical and cool to ever happen...

Shantae Wii U or 3DS?

That would be a great way to have it done, although i can't really fault the current way it boots to be fair!

Our member of the week

Linkyshinks said:
Shantae Wii U or 3DS?

The caption says "Who's ready to Switch it UP?" and the metallic structure in the background makes me think it doesn't fit with Shantae's middle eastern universe. Could be a new Mighty Switch Force though (would go with the caption).

"Switch it up!" is a catchphrase from Mighty Switch Force, and MSF2 was recently confirmed to be released in the coming months for 3DS; so I'd say it's definitely Mighty Switch Force 2.

( Edited 18.03.2013 23:51 by SuperLink )

Yeah, I think it's definitely Mighty Switch Force 2. The "Switch it up!" gives it away, tbh. Smilie

RudyC3 said:
Linkyshinks said:
Shantae Wii U or 3DS?

The caption says "Who's ready to Switch it UP?" and the metallic structure in the background makes me think it doesn't fit with Shantae's middle eastern universe. Could be a new Mighty Switch Force though (would go with the caption).

Switch could mean a literal switch. Shantae games have a diverse range of environments.

( Edited 19.03.2013 13:24 by Linkyshinks )

Linkyshinks said:
Switch could mean a literal switch. Shantae has a diverse range of environments also

It could.. but it doesn't. It's Switch Force 2 without a doubt; you hear that quote said on almost every other stage by the main protagonist, and the stages look like that.

Except with less fire and less babies and more fugitive ladies.

I'm sure Shantae is on the way, but this ain't it.

Deus Ex HR: Directors Cut

Image for

• Ultimate Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience : take advantage of a multitude of improvements, features and additional content that bring this already critically acclaimed adventure to whole new levels
  • Tap into the Wii U's GamePad true potential: Adam Jensen's newest augmentation, the Neural Hub, offers an immersive and empowering experience, right at the tips of your fingers
  • Absolute fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action-packed close-quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
  • Multi-solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style
  • Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades

It sounds like they've put a lot of effort into it, I'm sure it'll look amazing visual-wise too, since we're starting to see WiiU games that top PS360 games in that department.

However it's an old game, I'm sure people that want it have it already.. so I'm not sure it'll sell, which is awful because if it did it could pave the way for more major publisher support.

Our member of the week

SuperLink said:
I'm sure people that want it have it already...

I for one might buy it. Never played a Deus Ex game before though, so i have no real idea what kind of game it is, any description I read seemed vague to me.

I was intending on buying it just to show some support, 4 of my 5 boxed WiiU games are 3rd party titles.
However my brother already has it, it's going to need a really good excuse if it wants people to buy it again.

Dead Islands Devs Dispute Publishers "Complete Re-Code" Claim

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a465790/dead-island-riptide-wii-u-omission-explained-by-deep-silver.html

RE:R WiiU Details

Capcom has confirmed that Rachel, who made her debut in the 3DS release of Resident Evil Revelations, will be joining Hunk as a brand new playable character in Raid Mode.

Resident Evil Revelations features two brand new enemies, including the Wall Blister and a surprise new creature that appears in Raid Mode once players have reached a certain level.

Wii U players will be able to face the fear on-board using three different play styles. Play with the TV and access your map and weapons on the GamePad or switch the GamePad out for a Wii U pro controller. Alternatively transfer all the horror just to the GamePad as the title utilizes Off TV play.

Wii U players will get further exclusives through the Miiverse feature. Players can post a dying message from the Game Over screen for other players around the world to see and you can taunt your friends with the 'Creatures Voice' function, allowing enemies in Raid Mode to have their thoughts personalised.

( Edited 19.03.2013 16:56 by Linkyshinks )

Our member of the week

Linkyshinks said:
RE:R WiiU Details

Capcom has confirmed that Rachel, who made her debut in the 3DS release of Resident Evil Revelations, will be joining Hunk as a brand new playable character in Raid Mode.

Yes! I remember her from the pre-release trailers, and was so disappointed when what happened to her was never really shown within the actual game. Then when playing RAID mode, I expected her all along to become playable, but no, and I was so disappointed. Cool news to me Smilie.

How Nintendo loses money on every Wii U (CNN Feature)
http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2013/03/18/t-ts-nintendo-wii-u-teardown.cnnmoney/index.html?iid=GM

MH3U GS REVIEW

( Edited 20.03.2013 05:35 by Linkyshinks )

Hello, I'm new here. ^^ I'm looking foward to the latest upcoming Wii U/3DS games.

Lets just hope this website is better than that other one...

CrystalMushroom said:
Hello, I'm new here. ^^ I'm looking foward to the latest upcoming Wii U/3DS games.

Welcome!. Which other website are you referring to?

Linkyshinks said:
CrystalMushroom said:

Welcome!. Which other website are you referring to?

Ugh...do I dare speak its name... Gamefaqs.

Well that makes sense. If you keep making sense you'll be just fine here Smilie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm quietly confident both of these unannounced Capcom games are coming to Wii U (we know one is Strider) 

Mar 20, 2013 -- 5:53AM, marcel2552 wrote:Hey Sven, 
First of all i love the extra features you guys are putting in  RE revelations for wiiu, monster voices to be particular. It sounds like an awesome feature.

But i got 2 questions, 

1. Its commonly known that you guys are showing 2 unannounced games at PAX east this week. But are we taking about retail released games or an XBLA/PSN(and potentially eshop) release?

2. Is one of the 2(or both) slated to be released for wiiu? Im really digging the wiiu announcements so far but there still 3ds games in their nature.

Sven's reply:They are both digital... and I'm going to stay mum on the platforms. You'll see. Smilie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think he would have smiled if it wasn't coming to Wii U, in light of this posters appreciation of the recent RE:R Wii U announcements.

I gotta say I like Capcom's stance on the WiiU. I think they, especially Capcom West, are trying to reconcile a little after the bitter taste of cashins from the last few years.

And what better way than to offer games to a system that they wouldn't benefit from; similarly to how they went out of their way to localise the fantastic TvC on Wii when they really didn't have to.

CrystalMushroom said:

Welcome to C3! I hope you enjoy your time here! Smilie And for what it's worth, I'd feel a little ashamed if our community weren't better than "that other one" Smilie hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised! (then tell your friends to come too)

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.