Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Next Level Games Working on Top Secret Project since Oct 2012

Coming from the LinkedIn profile of Devon Blanchet...

https://twitter.com/DeSero/status/314462978713976832/photo/1

( Edited 20.03.2013 21:35 by Linkyshinks )

What did Next Level Games make again? I forgot.

Mario Strikers Charged and Punch Out Wii

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/aliens_colonial_marines_seems_to_have_been_abducted_from_the_wii_u

It looks like the wii u version of aliens might not be coming whatsoever.

They should just cancel the game. After how many people bashed the other versions, there's no point to making another version.

Honestly even if it is a "big seller", I doubt anyone would truly miss the WiiU edition of the game after what a colossal trainwreck the game turned out to be.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery
Our member of the week

Unless the Wii U version was truly a big deal, I certainly won't miss it either. And since they never officially showed anything from it, I'm going to guess it truly wasn't worth it (if it had redeeming factors over the other versions, then they wouldn't have hidden them).

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198579\
Thank you to all of our fans for waiting while we worked hard to get this issue solved. While SEGA may need to remove videos in rare cases, we're happy to confirm that there are no further plans to remove Shining Force videos uploaded to Youtube by users living in North American and European territories. Additionally, if you live in these territories and your video was removed, please get in touch with us at [email protected] so that we can look into it for you. SEGA believes strongly in our fans and we apologize for any inconvenience. You all are what keep us going - thank you! - SEGA comment

They didn't even explain why they did it. Just "We are very sorry we removed your video. We won't tell you why, be we are deeply sorry!"

At least give us a reason Sega.

HMV £200 Wii U Prem w/ Zombi U and Nintendo Land
Glad I didn't buy early.

Duck Tales Remastered Wii U, wooho-oo. 

( Edited 23.03.2013 07:33 by Linkyshinks )

Linkyshinks said:
HMV £200 Wii U Prem w/ Zombi U and Nintendo Land

Glad I didn't buy early.

I'll pick one up when they release a new Metroid title I suspect. As of now, there's nothing on the system that I want to play. 

Linkyshinks said:
HMV £200 Wii U Prem w/ Zombi U and Nintendo Land

Glad I didn't buy early.

Makes me feel a little sick when i paid £359.... for Wii U premium w NL and COD!

I only paid about £270, but damn.

Say what you will about the WiiU, it's amazing for a price like that. When it does eventually get the games it so desperately needs, I can't think it'll be that cheap again for quite some time.

Capcom's VP on why Duck Tales Remastered came about?:Frankly, you guys asked for it, here on Capcom-Unity. That's why.About two and a half years ago I started working toward this with Disney because people here kept asking for it (and because I'm a fan too). About a year and a half ago I completed the general outlines of the deal. Disney was on board (and really excited). I then sold the whole concept of the project to Japan as we took it through greenlight.Wayforward was actually Disney's suggestion given their creative director's LOVE for the original and after we did due diligence we totally agreed. Matt Bozon is a star and their experience with Shantae, Contra 4 and Mighty Switch Force made them the right choice. Jake K. ("Virt") on the music was also a deal sealer for us. They've been wonderful to work with and we've kept this title very underwraps, even internally. For example, I don't think anyone in Japan has even seen a build at any point so far (maybe until today Smilie).As for the future, I'd like to not get ahead of ourselves. I'm thrilled at the fan response this morning but for the moment, we're going to stay focused on making this project a success. If it works, we can think about other opportunities later but let's not put the cart before the horse. SmilieOn Voicework:
We have ALL the original voice actors from the show. Scrooge's voice actor is now 94 years old but he still came into the studio and did his thing like a pro. The voice work really adds a lot to the package.On PC Version:
I'm working on getting you guys a PC version too... but I can't confirm that yet for internal reasons. Hang in there a bit longer.On VC Originals:
At the moment, sadly no. Our agreement with Disney is just for Duck Tales in its new form. It does not allow us to rerelease these other projects on new platforms.On Vita and 3DS versionsSmilieorry but we could only do "so many" platforms and portable formats were not in the frame this time around.Sorry.On any possible demo:
It's playable at Pax East right now, but no plans for any advance demos at the moment.Are you including the original in the remastered game?:
Unfortunately a straight port of the original is not in the cards. We've made far too many changes, many of which we'll detail in the weeks leading up to launch, for it to be an easy switch between the new version and the original (you'll note everything is wide screen for example... and they're not just stretched, it's all redone from scratch).

Two Brothers

( Edited 24.03.2013 18:57 by Linkyshinks )

No Divekick on Wii U or 3DS confirmed. Yet another of 2013's big games goes missing on Wii U and 3DS. Even PS Vita is getting a version, two player V's on one Vita from what i gather.

Even if Divekick looked original I wouldn't call it "one of 2013's big games", it's just an interesting indie game which the WiiU is getting plentiful of.

Also I don't think a WiiU or 3DS version is all that unlikely; you gotta keep in mind that Sony are probably paying people to put stuff on the Vita's PSN because it's been lacking for so long.

There are many reasons to worry about the WiiU but honestly indie and eShop support isn't really one of them despite the first few months being so quiet.

It makes no difference if it's an Indie, the game is already a phenomena among some gaming circles. It's going to be very popular at large due to it's simplicity, fun and price. The GamePad is perfect for games like this, it's amazing it's not coming out on Wii U, there would be no better platform for such a game..

Then people need to make noise about it I think. There's still a bit of a misconception that Nintendo's digital service is a nightmare to develop for, because it once was.

However, that's no longer the case;
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/189180/Nintendos_Adelman_talks_easier_requirements_for_3DS_Wii_U_indie_dev.php

And besides perhaps devkit costs, it's even easier to develop for eShop than for PSN or XBLA. This really needs to get out there because it's cool stuff that could make a lot of indie's dreams a lot easier.

Been playing the heck out of my Wii U this last week. I really do like it. It's a much better machine than the Wii was. I like it more than the PS3. That GamePad is so comfortable. The screen is very nice to look at.

I can see myself playing a lot of Wii U in the next 4-5 years.

Really looking forward to Duck Hunt, D&D, Shovel Knight, and all the great indie stuff coming to Wii U as well =)

I had a spell where i was on Nintendo Land every night in February but since i completed most of the games and got Platinums I haven't bothered to re-visit. Although i have left the main 3 games to play through a bit more which i will do.

I have actually bought a 3DS just to fill the void.

It makes me wonder, the Wii U price has dropped so much since November...yet people don't seem to be making such a fuss, when things like this happened with the original Xbox and the 3DS both Microsoft and Nintendo re-compensated their early adopters with a few things...what have Wii U owners got?

Nothing, just £100-£150 out of pocket for being dedicated....

Flynnie said:
I had a spell where i was on Nintendo Land every night in February but since i completed most of the games and got Platinums I haven't bothered to re-visit. Although i have left the main 3 games to play through a bit more which i will do.I have actually bought a 3DS just to fill the void.It makes me wonder, the Wii U price has dropped so much since November...yet people don't seem to be making such a fuss, when things like this happened with the original Xbox and the 3DS both Microsoft and Nintendo re-compensated their early adopters with a few things...what have Wii U owners got?Nothing, just £100-£150 out of pocket for being dedicated....
I wouldn't' expect them to roll out another Ambassadors' program, they already lose enough money on Wii U as it is. Wii U was the only Nintendo console I never bought at launch.

CEX offered me a measly £10 for Zombi U, but I took the money, I put it towards an eShop card.

Next Mass Effect & Dragon Age - Wii U Version Doubt

http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-the-next-dragon-age-or-mass-effect-on-wii-461567682

The "Not on Wii U List" continues to increase...
http://kotaku.com/5967668/most-of-early-2013s-biggest-games-seem-to-be-skipping-wii-u

I'm thankful I only paid £200 for Nintendo exclusives...

Edit:

Suda Teases New Project

Shinobu?..

Image for

( Edited 28.03.2013 19:21 by Linkyshinks )

Both EA franchises, don't be surprised if any EA titles miss out on the WiiU for a few years. It's just a shame that one company being extremely petty about the WiiU is affecting its support so much; EA really is (unfortunately) a force to reckon with.

But here's some good news, Nintendo are doing absolutely amazing things for indies and eshop developers;
Easy iOS to WiiU porting
WiiU Unity beta program encouraging eShop development
A
nd more encouragement

Nintendo are really pushing eShop support, all it needs is recognition. If it can get that, it could be the leading platform for indies; especially since Microsoft is being increasingly harsh with their indie devs.

And yet more good news;
Monster Hunter manages to debut in the UK Top10

This is amazing and its importance imo shouldn't be underestimated considering Nintendo's considerably low popularity in the UK and the existence of many AAA titles in the charts atm.; 45% of those are WiiU version sales.
Not only that, but Nintendo Land has re-entered the top40 too, which means people are buying WiiUs.

If things do get better from here and Mario Kart grabs top spots and such, this time next year EA will probably be regretting their awful stance on WiIU development. Also; worth mentioning that the lack of BattleField on WiiU means that Activision have total domination over that particular demographic with CoD. If EA want BF to be a CoD-beater, they're going about it horribly by alienating a potential audience.

Far from amazing, SL...

It doesn't take a lot at all to get into the UK charts. Bottom of the top 40 goes less than 1000 at times, which is why no Wii U games getting into the top 40 for 2-3 months running is shocking, especially when you consider UK chart takes into account bundled games. Approx numbers suggest MH3 Wii U would have sold around about <5.5k, which is far from good at all. If that's 50% of combined Wii U software sales...well...

MH3 and the HMV sales have helped some hardware sales, but barely. That's why Nintendo Land is in the chart - because a few extra thousand consoles were sold. Sites reporting a 125% hardware boost due to MH3/HMV effect, but that only means they shifted around 3000 units extra.

If they were good numbers, I'd preach about it, but they're really not. MH3 will drop off quickly. The fans that wanted it will have bought it. It's not gonna shift many Wii Us. Nothing will until Nintendo gets some strong first party games like Mario Kart out there.

I dunno man, before the Wii came out I can't remember a time I ever saw GC games in the top 40. I know it's bad compared to the Wii, but the GC got a full life cycle and people seem to think the WiiU is worse off.

Plus like I said, even if it's not hard to get into the UK charts, this is Nintendo in the UK, one of their worst regions, period, and the Top10 are currently filled with AAA games which is why I think it's impressive MH got in at all. MH is a game that simply hasn't sold in western regions before. The fact that it's there at all is good news for Capcom and the series' future in the west, as well as Capcom's continued WiiU support.

I look forward to seeing how the game performs in US and the rest of Europe, regions where Nintendo actually have userbases.

EDIT: Killer is Dead may not be coming to WiiU, but a WiiU exclusive NMH-related game would go over very well.

( Edited 28.03.2013 20:16 by SuperLink )

Well I ain't gonna look up charts from 10 years ago, nor do I know what numbers they were consistently doing back then, but all I can say is it really isn't impressive now. It only takes a few thousand for a game to get up the chart, and you've always got a few thousand hardcore fans ready to buy the next big game in the series. The last Nintendo MH game was 3 years ago so they've waited long enough. Selling 5-6k is hardly impressive, regardless of what's currently in the charts. Capcom won't be happy if this drops off and is absent from the charts in a couple of weeks... Which it very well could do.

To put a positive spin on things - Wii U games charted. But at the end of the day, it's the numbers that count.

Like I said; it's UK. Not only is it the region Nintendo is weakest in, it's also the region where gaming in general is weakest. I think the #7 on the chart is pretty decent for a game that never sold well in the first place. (if I recall correctly, none of the previous MH games charted here)

And again, I expect it'll be much better in US and the rest of Europe too. I don't think that Capcom will be put off by a region they know is bad for sales, especially one where Nintendo-exclusive games that aren't Mario or Pokémon typically don't pierce the top 10 at all.

I know it's UK, and that it's Nintendo in the UK, and that it's MH in the UK - but you did say this was amazing. It's not. Of course it'll do better in the rest of EU and US.
As for #7 - you talking about Walking Dead: SI on the All Formats or Wii U chart?

( Edited 29.03.2013 00:34 by Azuardo )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Sandy Wilson

There are 2 members online at the moment.