Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It was just in this video. But then I realised they wouldn't make it Wiimote and Nunchuck only if it was on Wii U, since the gamepad is the main controller. So It was just me having a dumb moment. XD

Though saying that, they might make you shake the Wii U pad instead. ;_;

( Edited 13.06.2013 14:41 by Marzy )

SuperLink said:
Marzy said:
I'm concerned that DKCR 2 has motion controls again... 

Why do you say that? It's played on Gamepad right?

I don't think any playtests mentioned motion controls.

Personally, I hope it does! Smilie

Marzy said:

Though saying that, they might make you shake the Wii U pad instead. ;_;

Isn't that a little more dangerous? Smilie

Sonic_13 said:

Personally, I hope it does! Smilie

Ew!

Well, if you can use the Wiimote, I suppose you'll be happy Smilie I can't stand waggling to roll though, it was insanely inconvenient for timing.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Has anyone heard anything else about Project Y2K from AckkStudios? I didn't hear anything mentioned around E3. I wonder if it is still coming along?

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

I really like this part from an interview with Iwata, but the whole interview is worth reading as well.

"Have you heard of the theory or the story of the four-minute mile?" Iwata asked me, leaning forward with a fixed, unwavering yet not unfriendly gaze.

"For a very long time in the past, it was believed to be impossible that a human could run a mile in four minutes," Iwata told me. "However, once one person broke the record, 23 more people broke the record themselves in the following year. Many things we can't do are simply because we think we can't do them." I replied "So basically the impossible is possible?" Iwata, who understands English intuitively and rarely needs a translator for my questions, smiles and nods firmly. "Yes," he replies.

SirLink said:
I really like this part from an interview with Iwata, but the whole interview is worth reading as well.
"Have you heard of the theory or the story of the four-minute mile?" Iwata asked me, leaning forward with a fixed, unwavering yet not unfriendly gaze.

"For a very long time in the past, it was believed to be impossible that a human could run a mile in four minutes," Iwata told me. "However, once one person broke the record, 23 more people broke the record themselves in the following year. Many things we can't do are simply because we think we can't do them." I replied "So basically the impossible is possible?" Iwata, who understands English intuitively and rarely needs a translator for my questions, smiles and nods firmly. "Yes," he replies.

That is a great bit of the interview. I really love reading about Nintendo and their philosophy of game development. Their passion for games is just so incredibly deep.

IGN had two good interview articles the past few days. I really enjoyed reading the one you just posted as well as this one.

I love the news clip further down in the article from 1991 that is questioning whether Nintendo will survive. "Will [this holiday season] be [Nintendo's] last? Some toy industry analysts think so"

(...wait, was Michael Pachter an analyst back then too?)

EDIT: Direct link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_E2lh1lgmk

( Edited 23.06.2013 05:09 by Sonic_13 )

So Balloon Fight is coming out this week;

This is an updated European version of the game. It has now been optimised to run at a similar speed to the US version and with corrected aspect ratio.

Sigh. Why can't they just give us the 60Hz version instead of these fake ~updated 50Hz~ versions? Ich.

From the IGN review of New Super Luigi U:

"this still feels more like an addendum to NSMBU - a remix, rather than something new that stands on its own."

Ever get the sense IGN doesn't know what they are reviewing (as in Nintendo releases a DLC add-on of remixed levels...and IGN criticizes it for feeling like an add-on of remixed levels)

I also noticed something similar in their review of Game & Wario when they criticized the art style while praising the (virtually identical) art style of every other WarioWare game.

( Edited 28.06.2013 14:33 by Sonic_13 )

Despite this week's press release, Kid Icarus and Metroid on Wii U are 60Hz. Interestingly, the press release didn't mention whether they were the EU or US version of the game at all. The fact that there was no mention but we still got the 60Hz versions is very promising, could be that they plan on making 60Hz the true standard from now on.

(Still doesn't help the tiny trickle of games though)

Our member of the week

I upgraded the Wii VC version of Metroid I had for just under 1€. It did seem to be the 60Hz version indeed, although while playing it on the gamepad I still noticed black borders. Dunno why.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

After a long hiatus, CrystalMushroom makes a triumphant return!

So, what have I missed?

Uhm, nothing! I was on vacation for 3 weeks and I feel like I haven't missed a thing.

Yeah, it has been a little slow around here the past couple weeks. 

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Not just C3, gaming news in general.

Our member of the week

Most people are busy playing AC at the moment haha. That's why Smilie.

As for me, I was busy with Project X Zone. Had me hooked for a week straight. Smilie Addictive as hell game.

Oh and as some of you prolly know already, Pikmin 3 and Luigi are doing well in Japan. Wii U sales aren't amazing or anything, but a Wii U game coming #1 in the Japanese charts is always a decent sign, especially when it's a game that never had a big userbase like Pikmin.

Canyarion said:
Not just C3, gaming news in general.

Exactly what I meant, Just incase anyone thought different. C3 usually has the most news of any site, which I love.

It's good to here that Pikmin is doing well. I've never really played any of them to be honest.  

Earthbound...today?!?
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/82s5n1dbV4gstayVNhVYtOneSXTIXACS

It sure sounds like it! Smilie There can't be a more pleasant surprise than this!!

Our member of the week

Yeah... In North America only...

EDIT: OK scratch that I just saw it'll soon be avilable ^^. Credit card at the ready haha.

( Edited 18.07.2013 16:53 by RudyC3 )

Does anyone know the size of the EarthBound download? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

There's a couple of petitions up to try and get Soul Calibur 2 HD Online onto Wii U so it would be good if everyone here could sign it Smilie
http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-port-soulcalibur-ii-hd-online-to-the-wii-u#share
http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-soul-calibur-2-hd-online-for-wii-u

Besides the fact that the wii u needs more games in general, both off tv play and Link being playable again would be awesome!

( Edited 22.07.2013 10:25 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Hawk said:
Does anyone know the size of the EarthBound download? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Iirc it's only about 41MB or somethin.

LKR000 said:
There's a couple of petitions up to try and get Soul Calibur 2 HD Online onto Wii U so it would be good if everyone here could sign it Smilie

Not only that, but apparently Namco said they'll consider it if they see enough demand over Twitter etc, so everyone bug Namco about it via Twitter and tell your friends to etc.

SuperLink said:
Not only that, but apparently Namco said they'll consider it if they see enough demand over Twitter etc, so everyone bug Namco about it via Twitter and tell your friends to etc.

They simply said they'll consider it? That doesn't sound like Nintendo isn't willing to give them Link again like some people are suggesting, it sounds more like they simply didn't want to do a Wii U version.

This stupid begging for games really is tiresome, especially a case like this where it's not some AAA blockbuster that would be a huge risk and I can't just buy it somewhere else because I really want Link.

Rumors are forming that Nintendo may buy Atlus due to Atlus' financial struggles / bankruptcy. Nintendo and Atlus have been working very closely together for a while now.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/rumour_nintendo_is_shaping_up_to_acquire_troubled_atlus

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.