Sonic Generations: Officially Announced

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

Game: Sonic Generations
Consoles: PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PC
Release: UK - Nov 4th 2011 | US - Nov 1st 2011
Official UK site | Official JP site | Wikipedia page

First official gameplay trailer

Developer interview (English translation captions in video)

( Edited 18.10.2011 22:04 by Azuardo )

Looks pretty good though I still think classic Sonic looks derpy in the trailer xD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

For the first time in ages, I'm actually excited about a Sonic title. Hope to be able to play through some Adventure stages in 2D. I'm quite liking the way Classic Sonic is. He looks mischievous. Would love it if he gave Modern Sonic a slap round the back of the head XD

I've been impressed by it also.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Shits all over Sonic 4! Looking brilliant for both Classic and Modern, though Classic looks a slightly bit more thought out level design wise/tighter.

Physics don't look too bad either! Shame about the lack of Wii (or even 3DS) support though, which is weird. I thought they'd at least consider 3DS and PSP for a portable version. Saving up for "Wii2"? Hopefully!

Definitely want to see how they do "modern" levels themed as side-scrolling!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

jb said:
Shits all over Sonic 4!

Haha, got that right.

Yeah, this does look like it's come along really well. I can imagine this selling more than Sonic 4, although I guess if it goes to retail aswell as download, it will do anyway.

True, strange there's not even a 3DS version. Thinking about it, the game won't come out till the end of the year, so if Wii 2 comes out the following year, there might just be a case for a Wii 2 version. Who knows? But I don't think I'll be waiting to find out. Might have to get this on PS3 straight away.

Also liking that there seems to be different versions of soundtracks for both classic and modern levels. They haven't messed with Green Hill so much that it sounds bad. Can't wait to hear and see more.

Sega have confirmed each European country will have it's own dubbing.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

After messing up Sonic 4, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. They need to replace Iizuka for someone wh actually cares for the franchise.

Hooray, i'm not excited.

Why?

Because I can go and whip out S3&K and have a jolly good time having a run of that than playing SEGA's new attempts at recapturing the fanbase.

SINCE 06

Couple of updates.

- Classic Sonic will be mute, but shows his personality through his actions.

- Classic physics seem to be back: can roll off a ledge, keeping momentum, without coming to a halt a la Sonic 4; roll into ball as you run by holding down; spindash by holding down+jump.

- Spindash move is also hotkeyed, i.e. there is a button just for spindashing (see 0:25 of second video above).

- Probably known info, but the 3 main eras used for picking games/zones are Genesis, Dreamcast and Modern.

RubyEclipse, of SEGA, at NeoGAF forums:

We've been listening to feedback for longer than you may give us credit for. All that feedback on Sonic 4 - the parts where people wanted Classic Sonic and physics closer to the originals - and now a game shows up with Classic Sonic and physics much closer to the originals. Crazy coincidence, right?

This game has been in development for quite some time. When you play it, I think you'll find that a number of key issues you may have had with physics in Sonic 4 have been completely addressed.

Amethyst said:
Hooray, i'm not excited.

Why?

Because I can go and whip out S3&K and have a jolly good time having a run of that than playing SEGA's new attempts at recapturing the fanbase.

Or better yet, Super Mario World. Smilie

To be fair this does look decent, but as others have said, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. (Plus I am yet to own a 360 or a PS3.)

Since Sonic Colours turned out really well I'm pretty sure this will be another decent Sonic game.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Cheesing it up said:
Or better yet, Super Mario World. Smilie

To be fair this does look decent, but as others have said, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. (Plus I am yet to own a 360 or a PS3.)

All a matter of preference my good man.

I watched the trailer they brought out, and the gameplay looks pretty good, but knowing SEGA something will go wrong.

SINCE 06

Fuck, that looks brilliant, I have high hopes for this after the brilliance that was Colours. Smilie

Official JP site

Image for

Old Sonic looks cuter. I prefer old Sonic. I'll be waiting for a Project Cafe version.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

It looks lovely.

Image for
Image for
Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

By far the nicest looking Sonic game, in my opinion.

Looks gorgeous. I can't wait to give it a whirl.

SINCE 06

I agree Marzy, it looks stunning.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

SINCE 06

Awesome close up shot of Classic Sonic that I felt was worth sharing. Really does look very good here.

Image for

Sonic Generations listed for 3DS?
Also a listing for 'PC'. PC, or Project Cafe? Smilie Well, likely it means normal PC, but I'm sure a Cafe version will show up eventually. Doesn't seem unreal that a 3DS version could be coming either. But I guess just treat it as rumour for now.

Looks like they got rid of the uncurling in Classic Sonic, although at 2:15 he seemed to snap out of his jump to go into the loop :/

But this is certainly looking good, and I just want to see some more levels now.

Love it, really looking forward to this, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.